Graham and Thurman beef

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is precisely why I'm not on Twitter. I think my IQ would drop 80 points if I was on there for any more than an hour.

Actually, I think the opposite. Twitter is a great info feed. You get to pick and choose who to follow and can make it a true one stop shop for all the info you need. I follow players, fan clubs and the press for all my teams and sports, plus other personal interest stuff, political pundits, news sources, entertainers/muscians I like, comediennes, hosts of radio and TV shows I like, on and on. "I Like Girls Daily" is also on there. You know...for diversity of content ;).

Not his, nor Sal M.'s

On Tuesday he was complaining on Twitter he had to work and cover the Brandon presser. I tweeted him back....."youre a sports journalist for HOW LONG and STILL dont realize its a 24/7 deal?"

I love it when sports writers complain about their jobs, or when Schopp complains about having to do a Bills post game show. Boo-frickin' hoo! The people who actually do work for a living feel bad for you. These guys sit around and complain about the free buffet they get in the press box.

PTR

I never found Tim Graham to be all that riveting in anything he writes. Maybe because he's a lot more thick-skinned and is a much stronger debater, but I'm much happier with Wawrow hanging around here than TG believing he was gracing us with his presence. His last post here was epic in how inflated he viewed himself.

does anyone have a link to his last post? I'm on my phone and its not very easy to search but I'm interested in seeing it since I don't recall it ever.

Actually, I think the opposite. Twitter is a great info feed. You get to pick and choose who to follow and can make it a true one stop shop for all the info you need. I follow players, fan clubs and the press for all my teams and sports, plus other personal interest stuff, political pundits, news sources, entertainers/muscians I like, comediennes, hosts of radio and TV shows I like, on and on. "I Like Girls Daily" is also on there. You know...for diversity of content ;).

A few people I know are on Twitter and do the same thing...they don't tweet, just follow others. I'm still a tad skeptical....

I love it when sports writers complain about their jobs, or when Schopp complains about having to do a Bills post game show. Boo-frickin' hoo! The people who actually do work for a living feel bad for you. These guys sit around and complain about the free buffet they get in the press box.

PTR

Marv Albert wrote a book about it....how he pretty much lost his entire life becuase he had to work. I beleive its called "Id Love to, but I have a game." Thing is, he wrote it not to complain, but just to just outline the life of a sports journalist/announcer.

Dont get me wrong, Im sure its a tough gig sometimes and a drag on your time. But jeez...dont B word about it in public. So unprofessional.

Anyone surprised? Tim is quite thin skinned. He's not bright enough to debate/argue so he runs away and pouts. I never really had any respect for him when he graced TBD with his presence.

Not surprising he got dumped by ESPN once they quickly realized his lack of talent and now he's bitter because he is back working in Buffalo and isn't even a beat writer, columnist or radio guest.

I think you have it backwards. Tim left a blogger post with ESPN to take the BN job. Then, ESPN couldn't get anyone to fill his shoes on the blog so they gave it to the NFC North hack James Walker...who is lazy and retweets his own tweets.

from Chris Taprasso?

Did I mention any names? It was an "in-general" comment. You like to pick the fly $h1t out of the pepper, don't you?

Marv Albert wrote a book about it....how he pretty much lost his entire life becuase he had to work. I beleive its called "Id Love to, but I have a game." Thing is, he wrote it not to complain, but just to just outline the life of a sports journalist/announcer.

Dont get me wrong, Im sure its a tough gig sometimes and a drag on your time. But jeez...dont B word about it in public. So unprofessional.

probably a bit more intense for marv than it is for tim, too.

Twitter is a great way to get breaking sports news.

if your ok knowing 15 minutes later, the actual sports sites are pretty much the same but filter out some of the trash.

if your [sic] ok knowing 15 minutes later, the actual sports sites are pretty much the same but filter out some of the trash.

I am willing to sort through a little trash...and it's a quick way for me personally to sort through things like when I am waiting for lunch. You also can follow players and other people. I find it interesting and enjoyable, but I also understand why some people hate it (for it's lack of polish).

does anyone have a link to his last post? I'm on my phone and its not very easy to search but I'm interested in seeing it since I don't recall it ever.

Here's his last post: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/105064-ask-tim-graham-part-iii/page__st__280__p__1849486#entry1849486

and the ensuing discussion:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/113015-thanks-leonidas/

I don't think there is anything wrong with how he conducts himself. It's not like he owes anyone any undeserved courtesies.

I enjoy a good give and take, but I certainly would stop posting here if I was subject to a constant barrage of personal attacks.

Just like anyone has the "right" to criticize in a public forum, he's got the "right" to respond however he wants.

I'm also not saying we should've bowed down to him for simply gracing us with his presence, but I do think he deserves some gratitude, and not so much criticism for things unrelated to the discourse on the board.

I think Graham is a pretty good writer. He's written a lot of engaging pieces, but he strikes me as one of the reporters who are angry the internet exists and it is changing their job.

I have had a disagreement with Wawrow on here, but he takes it/dishes it out and moves on. A lot of reporters should learn from that instead of silly arguments like this one.

Edited by jeremy2020