Graham and Thurman beef

i enjoy what i do for a living, but let's be clear, the job isn't easy, and not all free buffet and glad-handing.

this job, like any, has its drawbacks, such as the many nights we stay up like tonight tracking this coaching search. the toll it takes on our loved ones isn't easy, and i'm fortunate to have a very understanding wife, who has put up with having me leave dinner or hurry her out of a mall or theater because "something has come up," or how i've barely seen her over the past two weeks of her holiday break, especially this week, when i've hardly been home, and when i have been, it's been cooped up in my office working the phones or banging the computer.

i know, i know, life is tough. and i know it's much tougher for others. and i do consider myself very fortunate.

count me as one of the complainers and whiners. i can take that. but note that some of us occasionally complain because of the impact our jobs have on others, especially those who have kids. i don't, so i guess i get off easy that way.

my two cents. have at me.

jw

I am one of a lot that cannot thank you enough. I've told you before you're a representative of everything left in WNY. I don't care so much about the politics or the general news of the area, I care about sports. When I see AP and a story about the Bills or any other area team I just think, "yeah, there is Wawrow, making sure I know what's going on up there!"

For what you do professionally I thank you as much as I can. For what you give to this site, I thank you even more. For your taste in music, well, I don't so much share the same opinions! :P

Your $.02 are welcome anywhere on this board, any time. Half the time many of us use it for the Bills and other times just to vent off about random crap. I just stick around waiting to get my prize for Last Post Wins.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of a lot that cannot thank you enough. I've told you before you're a representative of everything left in WNY. I don't care so much about the politics or the general news of the area, I care about sports. When I see AP and a story about the Bills or any other area team I just think, "yeah, there is Wawrow, making sure I know what's going on up there!"

For what you do professionally I thank you as much as I can. For what you give to this site, I thank you even more. For your taste in music, well, I don't so much share the same opinions! :P

Your $.02 are welcome anywhere on this board, any time. Half the time many of us use it for the Bills and other times just to vent off about random crap. I just stick around waiting to get my prize for Last Post Wins.

John Wawrow is one of the Crown Jewels of TBD......

Actually, I think the opposite. Twitter is a great info feed. You get to pick and choose who to follow and can make it a true one stop shop for all the info you need. I follow players, fan clubs and the press for all my teams and sports, plus other personal interest stuff, political pundits, news sources, entertainers/muscians I like, comediennes, hosts of radio and TV shows I like, on and on. "I Like Girls Daily" is also on there. You know...for diversity of content ;).

Is also a great source for instant "hive mind" information. Example: I think it was an episode of Breaking Bad last season, and my audio was all messed up. I wondered if it was my TV or a bigger problem, and a quick search of Twitter for "breaking bad" and "sound" confirmed it was a widespread problem.