Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Uhh, no it's not. Nice try. Trust me, Buffalo and Dayton, OH do not compare.

When we used to blow through Dayton while on the road. My favorite spot was the sports bar where Pete Rose used to make his MLB bets. It's shrine to him now,lol. Besides that Dayton blows.

He's saying we missed out on the next Belichick. Except instead of using the name "Belichick," he replaced it with "surly, cheating, Marcia-lover" or something to that effect. I haven't seen anyone disparaging Kelly. Read before you rant.

Whatever. I perceive unnecessary bashing of a guy that did no wrong to the bills. Maybe read some of the 35+pages and prove me wrong. Are you meatheads publicist?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the lead story on Eugene local news. Not signed, no Bills or Eagles even got him to the table. Clevelands new owner knows how to go after what he wants. Brandon should be a little more pro-active if he wants an "A" lister?

Yep, once again, someone else gets the new set of tires with the 80,000 mile life and the Bills get to pick from the re-treads or maybe even end up with the donut spare. I don't know how serious the Bills interest was in Kelly, but if it was genuine, you are right, they needed to do a better job of handling these things. To not even get to meet with Kelly is too bad. Maybe they had a pretty good pitch for him. I guess the Browns wanted Kelly as bad as the Bills wanted Mario and probably put the full-court press on him with an offer he can't refuse. They don't want to let him talk to anyone else -- good move by the Browns. They will become relevant again.

Whatever. I perceive unnecessary bashing of a guy that did no wrong to the bills. Maybe read some of the 35+pages and prove me wrong. Are you meatheads publicist?

Meathead's statement was in response to my original statement below. He's not bashing Kelly, he's putting his own spin on Belichick.

Everyone is acting like we just missed out on the next Bill Belichick. Get over it. He's just another college coach who is "hot" right now just as Petrino and Saban were at the time of their NFL hirings. How did they work out? He may be a great coach, but he just may be a flop as well. I'd rather have a proven winner from the NFL and not the latest potential bust of a hot commodity from the NCAA.

Yep, once again, someone else gets the new set of tires with the 80,000 mile life and the Bills get to pick from the re-treads or maybe even end up with the donut spare. I don't know how serious the Bills interest was in Kelly, but if it was genuine, you are right, they needed to do a better job of handling these things. To not even get to meet with Kelly is too bad. Maybe they had a pretty good pitch for him. I guess the Browns wanted Kelly as bad as the Bills wanted Mario and probably put the full-court press on him with an offer he can't refuse. They don't want to let him talk to anyone else -- good move by the Browns. They will become relevant again.

Seems to me that the Bills were on the opposite end of this last year when they refused to let Mario Williams leave Buffalo without a contract.

According to ESPN Cleveland, the rumors are apparently true that Haslem and Banner had been working on Kelly for some time:

A source in the Browns’ organization told ESPN Cleveland that just over a week ago Banner told backup quarterback Colt McCoy he is “in the next head coach’s plans.”

Adam Caplan of Sirius/XM NFL Radio reported earlier tonight that Michael Lombardi, who is rumored to be the next GM, has already been angling for the Browns in free agency. If you combine both of these reports it is pretty obvious that the Kelly/Lombardi regime did not just materialize in the last 24 hours.

As far as Brandon Weeden, who started all but one game for the Browns last season, he may end up the odd man out. Lombardi said the drafting of Brandon Weeden with the #22 pick was a panicked disaster last offseason. He also said on a Cleveland radio station in September that despite the fact that Colt McCoy gives the team a better chance to win, Weeden was going to finish out the season as the starter.

According to ESPN Cleveland, the rumors are apparently true that Haslem and Banner had been working on Kelly for some time:

A source in the Browns’ organization told ESPN Cleveland that just over a week ago Banner told backup quarterback Colt McCoy he is “in the next head coach’s plans.”

Adam Caplan of Sirius/XM NFL Radio reported earlier tonight that Michael Lombardi, who is rumored to be the next GM, has already been angling for the Browns in free agency. If you combine both of these reports it is pretty obvious that the Kelly/Lombardi regime did not just materialize in the last 24 hours.

As far as Brandon Weeden, who started all but one game for the Browns last season, he may end up the odd man out. Lombardi said the drafting of Brandon Weeden with the #22 pick was a panicked disaster last offseason. He also said on a Cleveland radio station in September that despite the fact that Colt McCoy gives the team a better chance to win, Weeden was going to finish out the season as the starter.

Take Note OBD, This is how you get things done in today's NFL. The sooner Buddy is gone the better.

FWIW from Chris Brown:

According to multiple reports the Cleveland Browns are trying to make Oregon coach Chip Kelly’s first NFL head coaching interview his last.

Multiple reports indicate that the Browns got first crack at interviewing Chip Kelly out in Arizona Friday, and were convincing enough to have the Oregon coach leaning their way.

No word at this point as to whether the Bills or the Eagles, also interested in meeting with Kelly, will get the opportunity to interview the Ducks coach. NFL.com is reporting that the Bills were scheduled to meet with Kelly Saturday. Initial reports indicated the meeting was to take place Friday.

FWIW from Chris Brown:

According to multiple reports the Cleveland Browns are trying to make Oregon coach Chip Kelly’s first NFL head coaching interview his last.

Multiple reports indicate that the Browns got first crack at interviewing Chip Kelly out in Arizona Friday, and were convincing enough to have the Oregon coach leaning their way.

No word at this point as to whether the Bills or the Eagles, also interested in meeting with Kelly, will get the opportunity to interview the Ducks coach. NFL.com is reporting that the Bills were scheduled to meet with Kelly Saturday. Initial reports indicated the meeting was to take place Friday.

Door open or slammed shut?

From all the secondary talk it's pretty evident that this deal was in the works for some time now. He has obvious ties to Joe Banner - the Bills aren't losing him to a more glamorous city or a stronger organization.