Lovie Smith for HC!

rcatty

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the fit is perfect. Byrd's father could come with him on the staff to keep Byrd here, Lovie is a great defensive guy, he has had success before and has a strongly winning record. Just make sure you get a good offensive mind to go along with him.

Could be the start of a Lovie courtship.

Sorry. That's the best I could come up with.

I'll bet he and Rod Marinelli would get the most out of our D-line and Byrd/Gilmore would thrive under these two. Desperately need LBs as we all know.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If its Az and the Bills -- you have to consider that Bidwell still wants to see if Kolb is serviceable and the Bills will allow their coach to choose a QB without regard to Fitz's contract. Advantage Bills.

Lovie has a really good staff in place from top to bottom. Most folks pan Mike Tice -- but he will use Spiller -- he knows the line positions and the TE position. Marinelli can coach and motivate -- the biggest focus will be upgrading the MLB and WillLB positions. I think Bradham can play. We would likely get Rusty Jones back.

Let me just layout the MANY reasons we should hire Lovie Smith:

1. The obvious- He's a great defensive mind. We have a lot of talent and money on defense, he could help that workout.

2. He has had past success (81-63 in his career in Chicago). One SB appearance, one appearance in the NFC Champ game.

3. The Jairus Byrd connection- Byrd's father worked with Lovie in Chicago and could join Lovie in Buffalo which would lockup Jairus in Buffalo.

4. The reaction by the players in Chicago has been VERY strong with his firing, showing that Lovie has the lockerroom.

5. He could do what a lot of coaches do and bring some talent with him. Henry Melton is a FA, big time player. Brian Urlacher could potentially look somewhere for a two-year deal, he'd be a perfect stop-gap for Buffalo and he could teach the young defensive players how to play. Devin Hester could replace Mckelvin, he was PISSED today. Jason Campbell could be a good backup he brings.

6. He actually WANTS to come here. So he would be happy at his new job and confident. You need a confident coach that wants to be there.

Per ESPN Chicago:

Lovie Smith has been contacted by four teams interested in having him interview for a head coaching position, a source told ESPN.

No interviews are being set up at the moment because most teams are talking to assistants who are available and coaches who are involved with the bye week of the playoffs. Those teams are expected to contact Smith later to set up formal interviews, the source said.