6 of the 7 Teams picking ahead of us need a QB

Virgil

I'm not going to begin to predict who will go where. The offseason hype on QB's always makes people shoot up the boards. But, what really sucks about this draft, besides the fact that we are picking in the top 10 due to another crap season, is that almost all of the teams picking ahead of us need a QB.

I'm also not saying that this is a huge deal for round 1, but instead for any other rounds as well. If there is someone we want, we will almost certainly have to package picks to move up to get him. Just a crap situation all around

1 - Chiefs (cleaning house, Cassel not the guy)

2 - Jaguars (probably cleaning house, Gabbert assumed not to be the guy, but could be)

3 - Raiders (Palmer sporatic and Raiders always make some kind of dumb move)

4 - Eagles (cleaning house, Foles not the guy)

5 - Lions (Have Stafford, we are safe here)

6 - Browns (Weeden not sold on, but they need defensive help. Chance they pass on QB)

7 - Cardinals (Trainwreck at QB. Coach staying though)

8 - Bills (Needs QB, WR, LB)

Personally, I'm okay with them reaching for a QB early. Or, trading to get back into the first. Right now, I'm on the Nassib bandwagon. I would love to see them go best LB or WR in the first and second, then trade back into the 2nd for Nassib (unless they they think he goes higher) Nassib could honestly go late first though, who knows

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to begin to predict who will go where. The offseason hype on QB's always makes people shoot up the boards. But, what really sucks about this draft, besides the fact that we are picking in the top 10 due to another crap season, is that almost all of the teams picking ahead of us need a QB.

I'm also not saying that this is a huge deal for round 1, but instead for any other rounds as well. If there is someone we want, we will almost certainly have to package picks to move up to get him. Just a crap situation all around

2 - Jaguars (probably cleaning house, Gabbert assumed not to be the guy, but could be)

6 - Browns (Weeden not sold on, but they need defensive help. Chance they pass on QB)

Personally, I'm okay with them reaching for a QB early. Or, trading to get back into the first. Right now, I'm on the Nassib bandwagon. I would love to see them go best LB or WR in the first and second, then trade back into the 2nd for Nassib (unless they they think he goes higher) Nassib could honestly go late first though, who knows

Chiefs, Eagles, Browns and Jags won't be taking a QB round 1 for sure. Eagles really like Foles and will try and develop him more before using such a high pick and won't touch one in 2nd either. Too many other holes. Browns won't take a QB in round 1, but could snag a guy in round 2 if someone slips. Chiefs I think will look to fill holes in first 2 rounds and grab a guy in third on they can try and develop and roll with Cassel and him next year...again too many holes. Jax will look to see what a new staff can do with Gabbert and Tebow (he will be a jag) before using high picks this year on a QB

Raiders I think won't look at QB round 1 and will try and get OL help first. AZ certainly takes a QB IMO.

We could be second team to grab QB or go Teo and look QB in 2nd

Edited by Alphadawg7

Chiefs, Eagles, Browns and Jags won't be taking a QB round 1 for sure. Eagles really like Foles and will try and develop him more before using such a high pick and won't touch one in 2nd either. Too many other holes. Browns won't take a QB in round 1, but could snag a guy in round 2 if someone slips. Chiefs I think will look to fill holes in first 2 rounds and grab a guy in third on they can try and develop and roll with Cassel and him next year...again too many holes. Jax will look to see what a new staff can do with Gabbert and Tebow (he will be a jag) before using high picks this year on a QB

Raiders I think won't look at QB round 1 and will try and get OL help first. AZ certainly takes a QB IMO.

That's a lot of wishful thinking there.

Chiefs are only team I would say are def taking a QB. The Jags are prob going to sign Tebow and with Henne playing well I don't see them using another first on a QB. The Eagles are def not taking a QB n will prob take best OL available. Oak gave up a lot to get Palmer and hv a lot of holes so I don't see them taking QB either. I don't see Browns giving up on Weeden yet after using first on him last year

I'm more concerned with teams trading up ahead of Bills then the teams that are picking ahead of them today

Edited by Max997

Right on.

Throw in the factor a lot of teams will be taking stud players like LB Jones from Georgia etc., the Bills will have a chance to take at least the third best QB in the draft.

Take Teo ... no DBs please.

Chiefs - Definately taking a QB unless they dont feel there is one worth it.....(1)

Jags - No....you dont take a QB that high and then give up on him that high in the draft....they also brought in a QB and were looking at him

Raiders - No......they gave up a LOT for Carson Palmer and the QB they are grooming who played well today

Eagles - Foles isnt the guy? Really? After 1 season? The reason why they might take a QB is because Michael Vick is DEF not the answer...(2)

Browsn - Weeden is the guy and frankly has played well

Cardinals....they have nothing and are definately taking a QB....(3)

So to me there are 3 possible QB selections....and you can figure that there will be some movement because of free agents....you can also figure that some of these teams will be more enamoured with defensive players as this is not viewed as a strong QB draft class.

As long as Glennon is their when we pick I will be happy......

I would love your draft senario. I'm also on the Nassib bandwagon, I think he goes 1st round. We will have to trade back in or reach for him that early. I'd rather grab the best LB available, or WR if there is an AJ Green type talent (have no idea what sort of WR's are available) and trade back to get Nassib. I wouldn't take a QB in the top ten this year, even Gino Smith.

Edited by RyanC883

1 - Chiefs (They need a QB but I doubt they want one at #1 overall)

2 - Jaguars (Tebow and Gabbert)

3 - Raiders (They paid a TON for Palmer, which was their dumb move) \

4 - Eagles (I think they are high on Foles)

5 - Lions (Stafford, as stated)

6 - Browns (They are sold on Weeden)

7 - Cardinals (They have traditionally preferred to pick up a vet at QB but they could draft one here)

8 - Bills get first or second crack at the QBs, barring a trade up by someone else

Raiders are kooky. They'll go WR

Foles looks solid another qb missed by buddy

Weeden and Gabbert will get another year I believe.

Geno to KC. Barkley to zona. Tyler Wilson perhaps to buffalo

I seriously doubt, after it all shakes out, that Barkley will be a 1st Round Pick...I think you can slot Glennon into that Barkley slot purely due to his upside as a Pro-style passer...Barkley has a heck of a hill to climb over the next few months...I still think Barkley will be a 2nd Day pick...But the 1st Round is a real stretch for him right now... B-)

This is how I see it right now, still early obviously:

1. KC - Joeckel

2. JAX - Lotulelei

3. OAK - Geno

4. PHI - Milliner

5. DET - Te'o

6. CLE - Werner

7. ARI - Barkley or Glennon

That would leave Tyler Wilson, Damontre Moore, Barkley/Glennon for us to pick from.

1 - Chiefs - have to go QB, I cannot imagine them not doing this.

2 - Jaguars - agree with others that Gabbert will stay and Tebow could end up there. Offense (Mularky still being there, that is)

3 - Raiders - have Palmer, but will draft a QB later

4 - Eagles - Have Foles, but if the #1 QB is on the board they'll get him, maybe even number 2

5 - Lions - Stafford is their starter, they'll go defense?

6 - Browns - new coach, they might want a new QB. But, they have many needs...

7 - Cardinals - If the #2 QB is there, they could get him easily, new coach, many needs, they have to appease the fans and bring one in, unless they think they can get a Vet - Vick?

8 - Bills - CB or RB.

I see

2 - Jaguars - agree with others that Gabbert will stay and Tebow could end up there. Offense (Mularky still being there, that is)

4 - Eagles - Have Foles, but if the #1 QB is on the board they'll get him, maybe even number 2

7 - Cardinals - If the #2 QB is there, they could get him easily, new coach, many needs, they have to appease the fans and bring one in, unless they think they can get a Vet - Vick?

8 - Bills - CB or RB.

I see

Don't give them any ideas...

8 - Bills - CB or RB.

I see

9 - RunTheDamnBall - kills himself

My Wish is for Manti Teo Rd 1 And Ryan Nassib Rd 2... GO BILLS !!! :thumbsup::beer:

Raiders are kooky. They'll go WR

Foles looks solid another qb missed by buddy

Weeden and Gabbert will get another year I believe.

Geno to KC. Barkley to zona. Tyler Wilson perhaps to buffalo

You honestly think Arizona will draft another USC QB after missing so badly on Leinhart?