Bills QB of the Future

Rob's House

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After today, and the Tennesse game and many others this year can we stop talking about Mike Glennon ? He's a poor man's Joe Flacco. A statue that checks down as much as the infamous Trent Edwards, Tyler Wilson is a gamer that we need...... It would be nice to think we have a QB who wants to win as bad as we do. Flutie and Kelly aren't coming back and this draft doesn't appear to offer greatness but I think Wilson will be the best of this bunch. And if he is never great he is still better than the "horrible One".

So who do you want under center next year? Veteran or rookie? Who can we get and what will it cost?

Personally, I'd like to see Mike Glennon fall to us in the draft, but there's 4 other prospects I'd be happy with too.

So who do you want under center next year? Veteran or rookie? Who can we get and what will it cost?

Personally, I'd like to see Mike Glennon fall to us in the draft, but there's 4 other prospects I'd be happy with too.

Glennon didn't do to awful good in his bowl game 5 INT's , Geno Smith can't play in bad weather, Nassib did win is bowl game but from what i saw on youtube he didn't do much for me ...

Clemsons Taj Boyd though played one heck of a game against SEC's LSU & was clutch at the end of the game when it counted & pulled out the win. Not only did he throw for over 300 yds but ran for like 100 or some crazy number they said he ran it 33 times !! Thats nuts . Just don't know if he is coming out this year .

Barkley, Smith, Glennon, & L. Jones scare me This year QB class is NOT that good !! Tyler Wilson has a bunch of experience in the SEC is a senior & has good skills i'd like to see what he can do ...

Zac Dysert...this kid is gonna be a star mark my words

Right on. Dysert is highly regarded in the scouting community. Come April, once the media become a bunch of parrots, he will be a household name.

Much like Russell Wilson, this guy passes the eyhe ball test when you watch him play. His creativity in the pocket, and ability to maneuver in the pocket and square his shoulders and deliver the ball downfield is tremendous.

He's my favorite QB prospect in the draft.

I'm really open at this point. Some options I see:

I'm scouting college QBs during bowl. The only time I've seen some and probably the last. So far I only like 2 Juniors. AJ McCarron and Tajh Boyd. Boyd looks to pass well AND came through for a win in the clutch after the LSUs D had been whipping his ass all 2nd half. Impressive.

Smith is an 80 degrees and sunny September - November QB it appears. And he also didn't show me much in the leadership dept in his bowl game. Nassib was OK, nothing that really did it for me. But he is big and did make some nice throws. Didn't see Glennon, but 5 picks? Been there, done that.

Veterans I might take a flyer on:

Alex Smith - sucked until last year

Colt McCoy - Clowns OLine and WRs were horrible when he was starting. I think he could still be good. Bring him in to compete.

Jimmy Clausen - Same deal as McCoy.

Flynn - Not real sure about this guy. Could be good. Could be Rob Johnson 2.0

Joe Flacco - I can dream right. The thing I like about Joe is he wings it down field often.

Out there long shot

Trade for Kellen Moore - Yeah I know, he's short, but the man can make all the throws. He's accurate and he's a winner.

I've been following Boyd since last year. He is the real deal and if he declares, which he should after last nights show, the Bills would be stupid to pass on him. Most athletic QB who can make all the throws and is extremely accurate.

South Carolina's defense has had little problem handling Boyd. Not to say he can't develop, but he is not going to be a plug n play guy.

USC defense has had some studs over the years, I gotta disagree w ya on Boyd though......he made "the jump" this season

LSU was swarming him....he got smashed by blitzer on every play and still gutted out 300 yards and a win...

"Tajh Boyd was phenomenal," LSU coach Les Miles said. "I did not expect the heroic, if you will, efforts that he had."

Edited by Ryan L Billz

USC defense has had some studs over the years, I gotta disagree w ya on Boyd though......he made "the jump" this season

LSU was swarming him....he got smashed by blitzer on every play and still gutted out 300 yards and a win...

"Tajh Boyd was phenomenal," LSU coach Les Miles said. "I did not expect the heroic, if you will, efforts that he had."

again, not to say he can't develop, but he is not a plug n play guy right now if he were to come out. Another yr would benefit him very much. Also, yes, USC has had some great players recently, but what do you think NFL teams are comprised of?

First off trades hardly occur in the NFL, the only time they do is when you have a surplus of good players at that position and then it's usually for draft picks, in other words you don't need to make the trade. Second I'm not all that convinced that Smith is any better than Fitz, he just was used much better than CG did. You also then still have a high priced QB that you're hoping to only use for a year or so, then move on.

Unless after the combines some QB rockets up the charts, I'd rather see the Bills use their 1st rounder on a LB or something and keep Fitz to start the season So far all the 1st rounders sound rather suspect. I do feel with a better coach who would stick to the run, run Spiller 20 times EVERY game, and get another top WR, Fitz could be OK to start with. Also assumes he takes a big pay cut.

Umm, how about No....

again, not to say he can't develop, but he is not a plug n play guy right now if he were to come out. Another yr would benefit him very much. Also, yes, USC has had some great players recently, but what do you think NFL teams are comprised of?

Boyd is plug and play. 4000 yards ACC Player of year. He's much improved over south Carolina beat downs from years before.....I might have to insist you watch the Clemson-LSU game from yesterday.

Also watching Murray from Uga right now......love his deep ball.

I can't wait to watch the Orange Bowl tonight. EJ Manuel looks like a potential NFL star to me. Dude has the size, athletic ability, accuracy, arm strength. He plays QB the way the future of the NFL is going. Seems like he's a good guy. I have no idea why this guy is never discussed here or anywhere in the media. I'd have no problem picking him at #8 and letting him sit for a year to learn the pro game under someone like Vick.

I need to stop laughing at this guy saying he wants fitz to start next yr. that's a joke. Too bad chan didn't have the sense to at least put in Tavaris just to see him play. Who knows how he would do. We can speculate all we want but what could it hurt. I wouldn't be thinking...what if...?