Will Stevie get 1000?

Charles Romes

The one interesting thing about the game to me is whether Stevie gets his 1000. He is 65 yards away which is not a lot but not a little either. Regardless of what anyone says in public, the number is hugely important to Stevie and its important to Fitz as well. Its also important to Gailey who as a failed head coach will want to preserve his reputation as a receiver maker. Look for Fitz forcing it to Stevie early and often so the number does not become a distraction late in the game. Also look for Comartie to be sitting there the entire first half expecting Fitz to force it so that Stevie gets the 1000.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ate you commenting on the TD that was a TD that was called back because of horrible refs?

If SJ didn't drop so many darn passes this year he'd be over 1100 already. Last year he should have had 1200 except for the drops.

I didn't like that call either and thought it should have been a TD. But that's the way they call it in the NFL now. After that game in the Ravens game they had a similar play and it was ruled a non catch as well.

It would have been a TD if he hadn't gotten lazy and dropped the ball. Stop making excuses for him.

SJ is just like Fitz. Inconsistent. One play he'll make the ESPN play of the day catch and on the next drive drop one that hits him in the hands. Or he'll make short catches all day vs Revis Island only to drop one that hits him in the hands full stride in the 4th quarter when we really need it. Or make a few catches and few drops all game long only to drop one in the EZ in OT vs the defending SB champs.

I'd like to see him get to 1,000...but I don't think it happens. It will be just another missed opportunity by these 2012 Bills.

1000 yards is no longer the milestone it once was. factor in SJ13 is the only NFL quality receiver on the team and yea he should have got his 1000. Account for his drops and fumbles he should have had 1000 3 games ago. Big deal.