Will Stevie get 1000?

Charles Romes

WE all know the script...

It will be in the 4rth quarter when Bills are losing by 21-30 points and garbage stats will be met.

BUT WAIT A MINUTE....SJ needs an 8 yard slant route to get the 1000....DAMN HE RAN 1 YARD SHORT.

On the very next play with time running out Fitz throws a perfect pass ( ;) ) and STEVIE drops the ball.

Sound familiar???

The clutch in my 1972 rusted Beetle is more reliable than Stevie Johnson!

The one interesting thing about the game to me is whether Stevie gets his 1000. He is 65 yards away which is not a lot but not a little either. Regardless of what anyone says in public, the number is hugely important to Stevie and its important to Fitz as well. Its also important to Gailey who as a failed head coach will want to preserve his reputation as a receiver maker. Look for Fitz forcing it to Stevie early and often so the number does not become a distraction late in the game. Also look for Comartie to be sitting there the entire first half expecting Fitz to force it so that Stevie gets the 1000.

Really, who cares? This is a team game and his personal achievments are not going to change another horrible season for this team. 1000 yards meant something in the 70's and 80's but now it is not much of a feat.

Last week he was simply horrible, right after speaking up about playing for Chan and playing for pride he has his worst game of the season.

Stevie would benefit from a better QB that is true. Still, I will never see him in the elite category.

Edited by Bob in STL