Obama issues Executive Order Pay Raise

/dev/null

Based on?

Rose colored thinking.

I agree that the fiscal cliff BS is overstated. So we spend more and borrow more........business as usual

However the anti-business regulations and ObamaCare kickins will stifle the economy far greater than what is being discussed.

the prediction that the economy will grow by 2.5 - 3% next year is unlikely to occur in that climate

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on?

Household deleveraging is reaching a turning point.

Firms and households have locked into low-cost debt increasing cash flows.

But biggest factor is the cheap energy boom. Double impact: energy intensive firms are expanding in the US and the trade deficit will continue to shrink as we import less.

Household deleveraging is reaching a turning point.

Firms and households have locked into low-cost debt increasing cash flows.

But biggest factor is the cheap energy boom. Double impact: energy intensive firms are expanding in the US and the trade deficit will continue to shrink as we import less.

I'll bet you 10,000 JPY that GDP growth will be less than 2% for 2013 :D

Edited by meazza

I'll bet you 10,000 JPY that GDP growth will be less than 2% for 2013 :D

Payable in US$, sure (my bank will take to big of a fee for a $115 exchange...)

Btw, I expect the 2nd half of the year to carry the day.

Edited by TPS

As soon as the economy heats up inflation will run rampant, and our national debt service will be greatly increased, thus putting a damper on the recovery.

You need to take off your partisan glasses and see the light. The fiscal cliff deal will include taxes on anyone making over $400K/year. Our problems are solved. If we can just get another quarter million people to stop looking for work, the unemployment rate will dip below 7% and prosperity will be there for everyone.

You need to take off your partisan glasses and see the light. The fiscal cliff deal will include taxes on anyone making over $400K/year. Our problems are solved. If we can just get another quarter million people to stop looking for work, the unemployment rate will dip below 7% and prosperity will be there for everyone.

Actually since we've mandated doubling the mpg for our cars and cutting other emissions in half we can then raise taxes enough on those items in order to deal with the deficit. It's called OMWG (Obama Magic Wand Governance). Next, in order to pay for Obamacare, he's going to mandate cutting cancer incidents in half but doubling deadly heart attacks.

Actually since we've mandated doubling the mpg for our cars and cutting other emissions in half we can then raise taxes enough on those items in order to deal with the deficit. It's called OMWG (Obama Magic Wand Governance). Next, in order to pay for Obamacare, he's going to mandate cutting cancer incidents in half but doubling deadly heart attacks.

Actually, you aren't very far off of the mark. There's a major reshuffeling going on between the government and insurers, including things like reclassifying genetic disorders such as Aspergers and Autism such that most treatment doesn't require insurers or government to pay for it, reducing the roles.

Actually, you aren't very far off of the mark. There's a major reshuffeling going on between the government and insurers, including things like reclassifying genetic disorders such as Aspergers and Autism such that most treatment doesn't require insurers or government to pay for it, reducing the roles.

One more reason for gun control I guess, what with all the untreated people with mental disorders.

say what??

I'm too dumbfounded to say more if this is true. Can you link it? or something?

I knew PBOCare would make a lot of ignorant decisions, but again, I'm just lost on this already happening...

http://www.ksl.com/?...48&sid=23259483

The changes in a nutshell

• Several related disorders, ranging from severe autism, to childhood disintegrative disorder and Asperger's will all be made part of a single diagnosis: Autism spectrum disorder.
  • The diagnosis is a spectrum, incorporating many symptoms, but placing people in an area of the spectrum based on the severity of their symptoms.
  • Experts say the new criteria, to be released more specifically in 2013, are both more strict and more flexible, allowing for accuracy and consistency in treatment.

Edited by Oxrock

Not so fast?

http://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/2013/01/feds-likely-safe-pay-freeze-extension-now/60426/

"The bill that the House passed Tuesday evening, sponsored by Rep. Michael Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., would block a scheduled salary increase for federal employees this spring, as well as prevent a raise for lawmakers from taking effect. Shortly after Christmas, President Obama issued an executive order that would end the two-year pay freeze on March 27 -- when the current continuing resolution expires -- and give civilian federal workers a 0.5 percent raise. The order also would give lawmakers a pay hike."

Not so fast?

http://www.govexec.c...sion-now/60426/

"The bill that the House passed Tuesday evening, sponsored by Rep. Michael Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., would block a scheduled salary increase for federal employees this spring, as well as prevent a raise for lawmakers from taking effect. Shortly after Christmas, President Obama issued an executive order that would end the two-year pay freeze on March 27 -- when the current continuing resolution expires -- and give civilian federal workers a 0.5 percent raise. The order also would give lawmakers a pay hike."

What's the problem?

I would think most only a few people would think it unfair to give federal workers a raise when others are getting their tax rate increased.

Fixed it for you.

Who are these "others" that are getting their tax rate increased? Oh well, it looks like the guys in the big yachts will be "paying" more (into the general fund) to go through the locks and dams this spring.

I would think most people would think it unfair to give federal workers a raise when others are getting their tax rate increased.

I would think most people would think it unfair to give wallstreet execs those year end bonuses when others are getting their wages frozen, wages slashed, jobs cut, and their tax rate increased :o

Fixed it for you.

Who are these "others" that are getting their tax rate increased? Oh well, it looks like the guys in the big yachts will be "paying" more (into the general fund) to go through the locks and dams this spring.

And there's that liberal hypocrisy again.