Obama issues Executive Order Pay Raise

/dev/null

The government has printed trillions of dollars. At some point in time (most likely when the economy starts creating real job growth) inflation will hit us and interest rates will skyrocket. 10% x 16.5 trillion is interest of 1.65 trillion annually. Where is that money going to come from? Borrowing? More taxes?

There is gonna be a big bulk of the population that will be dieing off in 30 or so years, how does that factor into the equation?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less people on SSI and Medicare. It will be interesting to see how our "extinction" will affect things.

You may never know!

Heck, I may never either. I am only 8 years younger than you. And God only knows, the way I am going, one of you gun nuts will pop me off! :P

LoL... Is that you... The kid with the red hair? AD is the fat guy... 3rd, the dude w/the chain. Enough brain power in that room to fire a 4w nightlight bulb! J/K... :D

Twice in the last five years? Feds haven't seen a COLA in 3-4 years, each year... And that is usually a slight COLA... Mabe 1-2%.

And anyway... Once an employee, GS or WG (I am wage grade) schedule, "steps out"... They are done. COLA's become the only "raise."

WOW... Just wow!

I am gonna pull a Ron Paul... They should just tear it down to build it up, take their medicine!

Mass default. Flood the court systems.

It's not the GS and WGs getting raises that upsets me. It's the raises to the people that are keeping us in this mess. Why the hell am I forgoing a COLA because congress is acting like spoiled children while they get a raise.

I know things aren't always that easy and there may be a good hidden meaning behind the raises. Just venting.

The problem with the government ever getting back on stable footing is the amount of money they have been printing, and what that will do to inflation and interest rates down the line. Think what 10% interest rates on 16.5 trillion dollars will do. Not a pretty picture, eh?

10%???

Bwwwwwaaaaaahhaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

On the low end, yes. I expect rates as high as 18-23%.

In fairness, 10% will be touched on the way there.

For Treasuries? Hope you are wrong, but 18-23% was what we had in Carter's days, and we are in worse trouble now. I get a kick out of the posters here who claim that they don't follow things all that closely, but are sure that everything will be fine. I guess all this country needs is a smooth talking teleprompter reader to convince us that all lunches are free.

you cant really compare a standard family budget to that of the gubmint. unless a long lost rich uncle dies a family doesnt have the capability for a massive future income flux. virtually all budget problems are fixed by a booming economy. granted, this economy hasnt been booming for a long time and might not boom again for a while, but it can at least happen at some point. they certainly need to do something about the deficit but its not quite as simplistic as that little example would have us beleed

Your common sense response doesn't work for the sky is falling crowd.

There will be a fiscal patch, and the economy will grow by 2.5-3% next year. Unemployment will fall and possibly dip below 7%, and the deficit will decline by $300 bil. next year. The 10-year t-bond will end the year between 2-2.5%..

Entering the 6th year of QE policies, 3rd and tasker will continue to squawk about the coming weimar inflation rather than try to understand why they are wrong.

Happy New Year PPP!

Your common sense response doesn't work for the sky is falling crowd.

There will be a fiscal patch, and the economy will grow by 2.5-3% next year. Unemployment will fall and possibly dip below 7%, and the deficit will decline by $300 bil. next year. The 10-year t-bond will end the year between 2-2.5%..

Entering the 6th year of QE policies, 3rd and tasker will continue to squawk about the coming weimar inflation rather than try to understand why they are wrong.

Happy New Year PPP!

Based on?