Obama issues Executive Order Pay Raise

/dev/null

I would think most people would think it unfair to give wallstreet execs those year end bonuses when others are getting their wages frozen, wages slashed, jobs cut, and their tax rate increased :o

You don't understand the difference between the government taxing me to give federal workers a raise and private industry giving their own people a raise or bonus? Besides those Wall Street execs need those bonuses to pay for their newly raised taxes. The poor and middle class didn't get a tax increase, did they? Why would they need their wages raised?

Now, explain to me who is getting their wages slashed or jobs cut and why?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't understand the difference between the government taxing me to give federal workers a raise and private industry giving their own people a raise or bonus? Besides those Wall Street execs need those bonuses to pay for their newly raised taxes. The poor and middle class didn't get a tax increase, did they? Why would they need their wages raised?

Now, explain to me who is getting their wages slashed or jobs cut and why?

Federal workers pay federal taxes... They "subsidize" their own wages. If you do not think it is fair, then let's cut to the end game: Your few pennies do not go to the raises. Think of it going elsewhere... As an individual, you really do not have a say in the matter. I know you want to feel empowered as an individual, it just doesn't work that way. As a group of people who also think like you, do you have enough support so as those pennies you pay in taxes actually go to the federal wages? Probably not, as proven in the last election.

And there is no hypocrisy here @ all. Maybe you and others want to think liberalism and progressive beliefs believe in absolute equality. Again, it does not work that way. It is a two way street. Money discriminates both ways.

Federal workers pay federal taxes... They "subsidize" their own wages. If you do not think it is fair, then let's cut to the end game: Your few pennies do not go to the raises. Think of it going elsewhere... As an individual, you really do not have a say in the matter. I know you want to feel empowered as an individual, it just doesn't work that way. As a group of people who also think like you, do you have enough support so as those pennies you pay in taxes actually go to the federal wages? Probably not, as proven in the last election.

And there is no hypocrisy here @ all. Maybe you and others want to think liberalism and progressive beliefs believe in absolute equality. Again, it does not work that way. It is a two way street. Money discriminates both ways.

How do you feel about not getting a raise?

How do you feel about not getting a raise?

Unlike some, it doesn't really faze me... I am living on the same money I made 15 years ago. Every COLA just went into my TSP (401k) anyway. My climbing health insurance, the last 10 years, was adjusted this year by downgrading my company and plan. Through the years there were in grade "step" increases... Which by now, I am stepped out in the wage grade (I am not a GS employee) system. All said and done, I will be taking MORE home this year.

Again... Please don't misconstrue this as being arrogant... It is not

Edited by ExiledInIllinois