Resting the starters...

Dragonborn10

Why should the Bills risk injury to Spiller, Wood, Byrd, M. and K. Williams, and Levitre??? Out of respect to them they should sit like this is the final pre-season game. If one of them gets hurt it is total BS. I can see letting Glenn play and continue to get more experience. At least sit them down at the half. I know they may not have the numbers to rest everyone due to the number of players that are allowed to dress. But let T. Choice carry the load. Wood has no business being in there. Byrd can avoid the big hit for a half.

Personally I hope they all get food poisoning...

"This is what's great about sports. This is what the greatest thing about sports is. You play to win the game. Hello? You play to win the game. You don't play it to just play it. That's the great thing about sports: you play to win, and I don't care if you don't have any wins. You go play to win. When you start tellin' me it doesn't matter, then retire. Get out! 'Cause it matters."

-Herm Edwards

;)

completely sitting them when nothing is on the line is kinda insulting to the fans. heavy rotation with the scrubs playing a ton is fine tho

What would be insulting to the fans would be winning this meaningless game. It would be counter-productive. Of course, the other side of the coin is that this sort of move will help lead to an NBA-type lottery being instituted. Heavy rotation thus makes sense from a league-wide perspective.

Gailey is coaching to save his job. If he's gone, what motivation does he have to save these players for next yrs staff?

And if we finish 5-11, I'll be mighty miffed (& I suspect most fans will be, too) if this staff is retained.

For that matter, 6-10 & he should be gone, too. But at least at that mark, there might be a chance that he's retained. At the very least, a good showing in the last game will look better on the resume for his next job, as opposed to a (likely) very poor showing if one rests the "starters".

Gailey is coaching to save his job. If he's gone, what motivation does he have to save these players for next yrs staff?

And if we finish 5-11, I'll be mighty miffed (& I suspect most fans will be, too) if this staff is retained.

For that matter, 6-10 & he should be gone, too. But at least at that mark, there might be a chance that he's retained. At the very least, a good showing in the last game will look better on the resume for his next job, as opposed to a (likely) very poor showing if one rests the "starters".

Nix should tell Gailey he is done now and that he can not play certain players. If he does not agree there is the door.

Rest the starters?? No. Just have Fitzy run the spread and fling the ball around. Also limit Spiller to 9 touches. In other words, just stick with the game plan.

Careful, he might get winded this late in the season. Maybe 7.

The Bills starters will play.

The jets will employ the read option with TIMTEBOW!!! liberally throughout the game. The Bills have shown they can't stop it and they will be beaten 31-17. TIMTEBOW!!! will move on from the jets with a bang. The Bills will end the season with a wimper.

The best by-product of "resting" the starters is increasing chances for a loss and a higher pick. The players know by now that Fitzy, while being an inspiring story and solid teammate, limits their chance for success. Everyone in that locker room knows a QB that can make the throws is needed,especially the offensive talent, and I fully expect them to figure out a way to lose this one. Resting the starters would only help to ensure that, though Chan may still believe he has a job he can save, so who knows. It'll be a challenge as McElroy seems really limited as a QB, but let's hope we can ante up and get that loss.

Some players like Wood actually want to play especially with this being their last game action until August

I'm all for giving Spiller 20+ touches again

If you were worried about Wood getting injured, you would never let him play.

Anyway, sure looked like the starters had the weekend off in Toronto.

They will have a nice long vacation starting Sunday night.

Wood should take it easy on his knee IMO. He has a history of injuries and Id hate for him to injure it worse - affecting next season.

This is correct. My view is that we should take this game as a opportunity to work in a few folks we want to find out about. guys who are on the roster and haven't played. (for example, Easley) Help with the talent evaluation over the winter. No crime in this, everybody wants to do well, play to win, to have a job next year.