A Realistic Offseason and Progress

sjjr

Everyone seems to agree that this team is better, talent wise, than three years ago when Buddy came in.

You lost me right there. Anyone who agrees with that statement is not paying attention to what's happening on the field. There is no evidence for this statement. The Bills are over-matched against anyone with a .500 record, and several with sub-.500. Yes, Gailey is a dreadful coach, but so was Jauron. They stunk then; they stink now. Stop buying into the myth that Buddy has done a good job accumulating talent. We are better in some areas, and worse in others. There is still no semblance of a QB, despite ample opportunities to add several good ones. Nix has been a disaster and needs to be fired before Chan.

Edited by mannc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone Buddy, Chan and a bunch of wishful thinking fans seem to agree that this team is better, talent wise, than three years ago when Buddy came in.

Sorry, I am a stickler for accuracy. What would thinking there is better talent then 3 years ago be based on? Salary? The drafts really haven't been any better. The play and the results have been worse. Sadly, this team is worse then the Dick Jauron coached teams, and the records show that, that is the evidence you need.

Sorry, I am a stickler for accuracy. What would thinking there is better talent then 3 years ago be based on? Salary? The drafts really haven't been any better. The play and the results have been worse. Sadly, this team is worse then the Dick Jauron coached teams, and the records show that, that is the evidence you need.

From a pop warner O and bendable D to a spread O and historically inept D. The record says this team has gotten worse than the one Marv built.

Speaking of better talent, has there ever been a team with a #1 overall and #3 overall pick on their DL that finished dead last in rush defense?

Not to mention a former Pro Bowler and another player coming off of a season with double digit sacks. On paper they should be the best in the league, on the field just the opposite. Unreal.

I may as well join the choir. Name Stache the HC??? Talk of Aaron Williams starting next year?? 54 posts. You've got to be a troll

You lost me right there. Anyone who agrees with that statement is not paying attention to what's happening on the field. There is no evidence for this statement. The Bills are over-matched against anyone with a .500 record, and several with sub-.500. Yes, Gailey is a dreadful coach, but so was Jauron. They stunk then; they stink now. Stop buying into the myth that Buddy has done a good job accumulating talent. We are better in some areas, and worse in others. There is still no semblance of a QB, despite ample opportunities to add several good ones. Nix has been a disaster and needs to be fired before Chan.

You don't think the talent level is better now than it was when buddy took over? Crazy talk

I may as well join the choir. Name Stache the HC??? Talk of Aaron Williams starting next year?? 54 posts. You've got to be a troll

You don't think the talent level is better now than it was when buddy took over? Crazy talk

Absolutely not. The only area that is better is O-line, and it's still far from a standout unit. Despite all the drafting and free agent signings, the defensive front 7 is awful, worse even than before. The defensive backfield is about the same as it was under Jauron. WR is about the same--i.e., unacceptable. RB is about the same. QB is about the same--totally unacceptable and with zero effort having been made to upgrade the position. What evidence do you have that the talent is better now? The W-L record? They rarely got blown out during the Jauron years--now it's a regular occurrence.

I realize Wannestedt isn't a popular pick right now but it might be a realistic possibility. He and Norv Turner worked together in Miami in 2002 and got to the playoffs. Turner has run a similar system to Chan that could highlight CJ a little more. Turner also worked successfully with Alex Smith in the past and could help to get him here for a season while a young QB is developed.

I also see that people like K.Shanahan and Jay Gruden. Both of these guys would probably want more power backs as opposed to CJ in the lineup. Also, its probably unlikely they would want to come to Buffalo.

As far as free agency...maybe guys like C.Morrah, T.Beckum or maybe even Dustin Keller if the Jets don't re-sign him at pass catching TE. Nickel corners like C.Munnerlyn or B.Grimes would be upgrades. DT depth like P.Sims or S.Marks also.

Wannstedt has been here 2 yrs. First led the worst unit on the team - linebackers. Second led the worst D in team history. The only reason to promote him again after more failure is for the sake of failure continuity and to try and spread it higher and further.

Hey, I see progression there...First a Unit Coach, Second a Coordinator Job and finally the HC Job...Are the Buffalo Bills in for a 0-16 season in 2013, their worst regular season record.....

Absolutely not. The only area that is better is O-line, and it's still far from a standout unit. Despite all the drafting and free agent signings, the defensive front 7 is awful, worse even than before. The defensive backfield is about the same as it was under Jauron. WR is about the same--i.e., unacceptable. RB is about the same. QB is about the same--totally unacceptable and with zero effort having been made to upgrade the position. What evidence do you have that the talent is better now? The W-L record? They rarely got blown out during the Jauron years--now it's a regular occurrence.

The OL looks respectable only because Fitz gets rid of the ball quickly and the Bills run out of the spread formation

Drafting a QB to replace Fitz will be fools gold since he will scarred permanently behind this OL unless he can run like RG3 and Cam

The OL looks respectable only because Fitz gets rid of the ball quickly and the Bills run out of the spread formation

Drafting a QB to replace Fitz will be fools gold since he will scarred permanently behind this OL unless he can run like RG3 and Cam

What about Mike Glennon? Trade for Mallett? Sign Joe Sucko as a free agent? :D

First off Your CRAZY to think that we should promote Wanny and hire Norv turner. We need some serious change in the front office. An up and coming coach or a proven coach who might need a change in scenery. I like Marty Schottenheimer with his son as our offensive coordinator; or Rob Ryan as HC (that would be fun if his brother is still here) and Ryan Fitzpatrick as our OC...LOL. (i was just kidding with that one).