Will we make history if we bring back Gailey?

I know that one incompetent organization brought back a loser coach for a fourth year after three losing seasons, but has any team in the history of the NFL brought back a coach for a fourth year after compiling 15 wins or less in his first three years? I'm sure its happened but I'm too lazy to look it up. As an aside, how about Mike Zimmer as head coach, assuming he can bring in a competent OC.

I know that one incompetent organization brought back a loser coach for a fourth year after three losing seasons, but has any team in the history of the NFL brought back a coach for a fourth year after compiling 15 wins or less in his first three years? I'm sure its happened but I'm too lazy to look it up. As an aside, how about Mike Zimmer as head coach, assuming he can bring in a competent OC.

I'd rather have a HC who can groom a rookie QB.

I think season ticket sales might make history, as in fewest sold if Chan is brought back. How many points do the Jets need to score to set the record for most points given up by a Bills team?

You would think so, but with alot of this fanbase, so starved for a winner, the team can just throw money at a big name (i.e., Mario Williams, Terrell Owens, etc.) and the tickets will fly out of the ticket office window. Such a truly loyal, enthusiatic but gullible fanbase.

No history would be made. David Shula and Dave McGinnis (sp?) are recent examples of coaches with worse records continuing.

Maybe there is out out clause if they don't make playoffs so many years in a row, or don't have enough fans in seats (ala, Major League). The new owners are demanding that Ralph keep it going and just get everyone to stay home. Then they can move.

I would prefer a coach with head coaching ex. However simmer should be near the top of the first timer list. IMO

I don't know...we got experience when Jauron & Gailey were hired and look how that turned out. I can understand the desire for an experienced head coach, but you want one who has been successful in his career. Those are few & far between and likely won't come to Buffalo.

If a coaching change is to happen, Zimmer, Ray Horton, & Bruce Arians are guys that the front office should be looking at.

No history would be made. David Shula and Dave McGinnis (sp?) are recent examples of coaches with worse records continuing.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. David Shula was 3-13 in back to back seasons and was brought back for a fourth year. Had another losing season and was brought back for a fifth year. Now that's a cheap organization!

If Chan is not fired I will honestly boycott next seasons Bills games

I usually prefer hiring a former head coach that has had success in the league and am still for that if they hire the right one (Marty) but I wouldn't be opposed to a hungry first time coach like the DC of Seattle

This team can't afford to hire another retread that has never done a thing in the league as a head coach

Edited by Max997

Making history usually involves quantifying something. How do you quantify futility?

lol. That's right! Can't you see all the progress?

We are headed in the right direction, and all the pieces are in place, but we have no proof.

I really hope this is sarcasm

This was dripping with it. My wife has seen me so frustrated this year that she invited to me to join her as a Cowboys fan.