WGR reports 10 year lease

tito1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why arent you people referring to the BUFFALO NEWS article rather than some hack AM station??

Fair point. Now WGR is reverting back to the original story, i.e., move anytime with $400mm penalty with a one time "get outta Buffalo free" card after 7 years.

Fair point. Now WGR is reverting back to the original story, i.e., move anytime with $400mm penalty with a one time "get outta Buffalo free" card after 7 years.

correct, and thats what buff news has been reporting since 820 this morning....and its a ONE TIME get outta jail free card at the 7 year mark, if they dont leave then, they have to fulfill final years on lease....

even at the 7 year mark there is still a $29 mil penalty to relocate:

Buffalo News: "The Bills would have to pay a $400 million relocation penalty if they leave during the time of the lease – with one exception. In the seventh year of the contract they could pull out with only a $29 million penalty."

Edited by BoDontKnowSnow

I assume nothing. He's in charge until we're told differently. So those under him, reflect his wishes. And this deal is consistent with the borderline contempt he has shown WNY over the years. Not being an ass, I am happy the eam is staying for now. But teams sign 20 and 30 year leases all the time when taxpayers make $100m+ investments.

Happy? Could have fooled us.

Maybe it's 10 years so talks for a new stadium can start? This is actually awesome news. It takes the Bills off the market for 7 years minimum. L.A. won't build a stadium without a commitment from an NFL team. The odds are now greater that the Chargers or Raiders will be that team.

It also tilts the field for any local group bidding for the Bills to stay in Buffalo. Any group wanting to move the Bills out of Buffalo will have to bid $400 million more than any local bid PLUS the league relocation fee!

Bravo Ralph. You may not know how to build a winning team but you have shown your commitment to keeping the NFL in Buffalo. All you haters can f--- off.

PTR

Happy? Could have fooled us.

Maybe it's 10 years so talks for a new stadium can start? This is actually awesome news. It takes the Bills off the market for 7 years minimum. L.A. won't build a stadium without a commitment from an NFL team. The odds are now greater that the Chargers or Raiders will be that team.

It also tilts the field for any local group bidding for the Bills to stay in Buffalo. Any group wanting to move the Bills out of Buffalo will have to bid $400 million more than any local bid PLUS the league relocation fee!

Bravo Ralph. You may not know how to build a winning team but you have shown your commitment to keeping the NFL in Buffalo. All you haters can f--- off.

PTR

So will you stop talking about this now for a few years?

I want to hear Brandon use wording similar to:

"Iron clad agreement. 400 million buyout in the first 7 years. No other outs."

I have a very hard time believing with Mr. Wilsons health what it is that the Bills would enter into an agreement so restrictive that it would severely limit potential buyers when the time comes.

I want to hear Brandon use wording similar to:

"Iron clad agreement. 400 million buyout in the first 7 years. No other outs."

I have a very hard time believing with Mr. Wilsons health what it is that the Bills would enter into an agreement so restrictive that it would severely limit potential buyers when the time comes.

me too. It flies directly in the face of the "open auction" for the team speculation (that I bought into)

Edited by May Day 10

I am not so sure this is good news or not because everything that the Bills do always have some sort black cloud hanging over it so Iam not very excited over this lease at all. Only time will tell if the Bills leave town or not so I will just wait and see. :mellow:

I am not so sure this is good news or not because everything that the Bills do always have some sort black cloud hanging over it so Iam not very excited over this lease at all. Only time will tell if the Bills leave town or not so I will just wait and see. :mellow:

Yeah, the "black cloud" is Nix, Chan and Fitz are also locked in for 7 years. :w00t:

PTR