how the fug is Ashee Simpson a celebrity?

Pete

Oh, yeah.  *NOBODY* else lip-syncs.  It was all her.

I'll tell you one thing...her voice is a lot better than some of these "alternative" losers on the radio who can't sing about anything other than being mad at their dad...

193554[/snapback]

Haha, you're defending her!

:D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They tried to make Ashley into the next Avril Lavigne.  You have to give Avril's record company credit.  They created this punk rocker/skateboard chick image and kids bought it up.  Who cares if she is 100% fake.  Somewhere Wendy O. Williams is rolling over in her grave.

193615[/snapback]

Avril is much more talented than Ashlee though, bro

Oh, yeah.  *NOBODY* else lip-syncs.  It was all her.

I'll tell you one thing...her voice is a lot better than some of these "alternative" losers on the radio who can't sing about anything other than being mad at their dad...

193554[/snapback]

First let's get this straight. Ashlee was definitely NOT lip synching tonight. She won't do that ever again. That's why it sounded like CRAP! She cannot sing. She was so off pitch I swore she must be tone deaf and prayed for the song to end. Mercilessly she dragged it out even longer. What a joke! She has zero talent, her song was contrived and the assumingly largely college age crowd saw right through it. As they should. The booing was absolutely justified. Ashlee Simpson at a college football halftime? She would be more appropriate for a middle school dance. Nobody over age 14 is buying any of that crap she puts out. Sales figures do not indicate talent. She has none. Period. Worst halftime show ever. Totally out of touch with what that crowd would listen to. Modest Mouse,perhaps?

Jessica Simpson can't sing.  I heard her "version" of O Holy Night, and it was all I could do to jam Q-Tips through my ear drums to ensure that I would never hear that song again.

193626[/snapback]

gdamn don't you ever, EVER say anything nasty about Jessica!!!!! I'll come right through this internet and whack you upside the head!!! Dude, she can sing and she is also one of the hottest women on the planet. Im hetro as well and im not afraid to admit I watch her show. I kinda get a kick out of it.

if anyone wants a clip of the ashley simpson booing, PM me with a gmail address as the clip is 8.2 MB...or let me know if someone can host it on their webspace

i have no idea what she was singing or what that weird marching/dancing thing she was doing was

gdamn don't you ever,  EVER say anything nasty about Jessica!!!!!  I'll come right through this internet and whack you upside the head!!! Dude, she can sing and she is also one of the hottest women on the planet. Im hetro as well and im not afraid to admit I watch her show. I kinda get a kick out of it.

193638[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I agree with him about her lol......I dont know what happened.....when I first heard her sing I thought she was going to be the next Mariah Carey........but she just doesn't impress me anymore for some reason. I don't know if she stopped her voice lessons, or if she matured and her voice changed, or what. She's definitely a beautiful girl.....no denying that. But I don't think her music is all that great.......in fact, I thought her cover of "Take my Breath Away" was awful!!

Can't wait for the Dukes of Hazard movie to come out:

Jessica as Daisy Duke,

Stifler from American Pie & Johnny Knoxville as the Dukes, :D

Burt Reynolds as Boss Hawg,

& Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse.

193601[/snapback]

great, whens the "BJ and the Bear" movie due out?

gdamn don't you ever,  EVER say anything nasty about Jessica!!!!!  I'll come right through this internet and whack you upside the head!!! Dude, she can sing and she is also one of the hottest women on the planet. Im hetro as well and im not afraid to admit I watch her show. I kinda get a kick out of it.

193638[/snapback]

Bah, I think someone else said it here, but any trailer park south of KY is full of 19 year olds that look just like Jessica Simpson, 'cept they're wearing less clothing.

Ashley ain't so bad when she looses the Avril clothing. She used to have a reoccurring part on 7th Heaven, looked one hell of a lot different than she does out there on the stage.

-Jeff

She got booed hard.  Good she deserves it.  I remember when she got busted for lip synching on SNL she said "its my bands fault-they started playing the wrong song".  That would of been priceless if someone unlugged her mike and she was busted again

193500[/snapback]

Did you hear her, dude? Her mic was really on. No way she would sound that bad if they doctored up her track.

Ashlee Simpson is truly terrible, though. A nice touch was the "anarchy symbol" on the big floating stage. Hilarious. :D

She does come from a brilliant family, though. :P Here is a good personal story about her sister. I worked on a session with her, and in the studio I used to work at there are doors on each side: one to a closet and one to the live room. Jessica walked into the closet five times.

193638[/snapback]

She can sing fairly well. She is no Aretha Franklin or anything. And she does have Tom Brady's chin. Take it from a dude who has been there.

My, how our standards have dropped.

Imagine this:  :D  Get this.....the USC marching band......PLAYS A SONG AT HALFTIME!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!! ;)  :huh:

and then, and then, and then, get this.....the OU marching band......THEY PLAY A SONG  :o  RIGHT AFTER THE USC BAND!!!!!!!!!!!  HOLY CRAPEEOSIS!!!!! :o

How bout that for friggin marketing creativity genius!!!!!  :P

193609[/snapback]

Maybe they could have gotten Fleetwood Mac together for a rousing rendition of "Tusk" with the USC Marching Band? That would have been cool.

Anyway, I'm with you. Keep it simple. One online columnist suggested that they just get a Frisbee catching dog. That's always a winner.