Video: Huge-A$$ Eagle snatches kid from park

DrDawkinstein

OMG! I am ripping that "Golden Eagle" logo off the hood of my Jeep ASAP!

WTF... We try to coexist with nature and this crazy crap happens. Damn you Rachel Carsen! Take your chance w/DDT or get swooped up by an eagle!

All kidding aside... Anybody remember a bunch of years ago when the huge owls out of Canada made there way to the souther shore of Lake Erie... One thing you did not wnat to do was leave a little dog out @ night! I forget the name of the owl but, they had a huge wingspan...

Two crazy scenarios, what happens if he actually took him back to the nest! :-O Or... Kinda even worse, the bird gets him even higher and say drops the child from a dizzing height... My God, how heinous!

I just had to see if is somebody was debunking this... Here you go:

Have @ it... Real or fake?

That's amazing. I like the slow motion shots where you see that the eagle tried as hard as it could and then realized the kid was too heavy.

It reminds me of this one time on a golf course where I heard something rustling around in some bushes. I slowly walked up to get a closer look and to see what it was. Then a hawk swooped in over my shoulder and picked off whatever it was. The thing was about a foot over my head. It was creepy. It was no baby snatching eagle, but it was a damn big bird.

That's amazing. I like the slow motion shots where you see that the eagle tried as hard as it could and then realized the kid was too heavy.

It reminds me of this one time on a golf course where I heard something rustling around in some bushes. I slowly walked up to get a closer look and to see what it was. Then a hawk swooped in over my shoulder and picked off whatever it was. The thing was about a foot over my head. It was creepy. It was no baby snatching eagle, but it was a damn big bird.

Did it look like this?

120px-Album.bigbirdband.jpg

I don't think the kid was too heavy. Golden eagles pick up animals that are much heavier (I'm talking sheep and goats in some instances) and their method of predation is to carry the animal to a hundred feet and then drop it.

I think what saved the kid was the material on his winter jacket. The eagle probably got confused by the balance of the weight and the feel of non-flesh. And then the people started screaming and waving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz7FFlFy8eM

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I don't think the kid was too heavy. Golden eagles pick up animals that are much heavier (I'm talking sheep and goats in some instances) and their method of predation is to carry the animal to a hundred feet and then drop it.

I think what saved the kid was the material on his winter jacket. The eagle probably got confused by the balance of the weight and the feel of non-flesh. And then the people started screaming and waving.

Or...as seen in the video posted about 6 posts in...it's fake. It's CG for sure. Take a look at the bird's flight physics when he slows down the film and the positioning of the birds talons versus were the kid is.

In real time, it looks plausible but there's a reason there has never been a reported kidnapping of a child by an eagle.

A crane once flew into my head though...

Or...as seen in the video posted about 6 posts in...it's fake. It's CG for sure. Take a look at the bird's flight physics when he slows down the film and the positioning of the birds talons versus were the kid is.

In real time, it looks plausible but there's a reason there has never been a reported kidnapping of a child by an eagle.

if its cg, its VERY high quality cg...check out the shadows..both in regular motion and slow motion...

[

Edited by The Poojer