The one, the only, Tebow thread

truth on hold

The QB you Draft in the 2nd would be better than Tebow from Day #1...Then what?... ;)

I'll go on record right now that if I could be 1000% against bringing Tebow in, I would be...But I can only be 100% against it...So be it...I like the kid a lot as a person, and as a College QB...Don't like him at all as a Pro QB...I think he's terrible...And if you bring him in for a year to see what happens, you're risking wasting that year when you could be getting a real prospect much needed NFL experience... B-)

They would not say anything if he could play the traditional QB position in the NFL... Believe me I wish Tebow was better than he is...How can you not like the guy? But he's just not a good QB... B-)

A very fair assessment and one I agree with. I was hypothesizing because I can see us being dumb enough to do it.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, the traders are out in full force. Tebow for a 4th? Are you kidding? If that is the case, we should trade Fitz for a 2nd round pick! Nobody would give up a 2nd round pick for Fitz? No kidding! Why would any team give the Jets anything for Tebow now? Unless you are the Bills or some Bills fans. Tebow is done!

I wish there was a way to rate a thread awful or even worse, because this one has surely accomplished that. Tim Tebow? Really? Basically the suggestion is to take a QB that has been moderately accurate but has issues being able to throw the ball downfield, and replace him with a quarterback that is worse in every facet of the passing game and can only be used as a runner in the option. The "winner" comments are complete nonsense. Go back and look at the games he "won" in Denver, and you'll see a team playing tremendous defense, but barely doing anything on the offensive side of the ball. He was clearly outplayed by a horrendous Sanchez in New York and now is a third string QB and you want the bills to give a 4th round pick for him? LOLOLOLOLO. Complete lack of football knowledge of any kind.

I wish there was a way to rate a thread awful or even worse, because this one has surely accomplished that. Tim Tebow? Really? Basically the suggestion is to take a QB that has been moderately accurate but has issues being able to throw the ball downfield, and replace him with a quarterback that is worse in every facet of the passing game and can only be used as a runner in the option. The "winner" comments are complete nonsense. Go back and look at the games he "won" in Denver, and you'll see a team playing tremendous defense, but barely doing anything on the offensive side of the ball. He was clearly outplayed by a horrendous Sanchez in New York and now is a third string QB and you want the bills to give a 4th round pick for him? LOLOLOLOLO. Complete lack of football knowledge of any kind.

He once "won" a game by throwing all of 17 yards...

Denver won those games because their D was lights out and Matt Prater could kick from 60+ yards out. Say no to Tebow.

This will be the way the marketing department will try to hype the offseason and get people interested back into buying tickets and merchandise.

Tebow will come cheap in the way of a 4th round pick or later. Also keep the media off Chan and Nix going into next season. Russ Brandon works his magic once again.

Hey why not get a guy 2 teams got rid of , it the Bills way.

Imagine this , Fitz QB, Tebow FB, Spiller RB, Stevie WR, Nelson WR

It could work . Seriously

Here we go.

Thats later tonight big boy ;-)

He once "won" a game by throwing all of 17 yards...

Denver won those games because their D was lights out and Matt Prater could kick from 60+ yards out. Say no to Tebow.

Denver's D stunk it up until Tebow kept them off the field for 65% of the game. Before that they stunk. Or maybe they werent really that good at all and just didnt have to be on the field for many drives?

Plus, most everyone can kick 60 yarders in Denvers air.

u'd have a better chance of winning w tebow in there.--but if we got him to be our new permanent starter...well that would be unfortunate

Yeah - my take is I'd be happy to have him for a year or two while we try to find a real starter. The 2013 draft class being what it is, we need a Plan B at QB for next season, and I would rather it be Tebow than Fitz at this point.

I really think getting rid of Chan is the only off-season move that will encourage people to buy more tickets. Tebow won't even get to read the playbook if Chan is still here. I'm not buying anything until Chan and/or Nix is gone.

Yeah - my take is I'd be happy to have him for a year or two while we try to find a real starter. The 2013 draft class being what it is, we need a Plan B at QB for next season, and I would rather it be Tebow than Fitz at this point.

I agree with this. I'm for getting Tebow, and playing him over Fitz. We also need a new HC though. Draft Johnny Football in 2014, take a QB in rd. 3 like Nassib in 2013.

I'm a huge UF fan. Being able to take my '08 Championship jersey out of hiding would be sweet. Seeing him lob TDs to Nelson again would be great. Being a Tebow fan though, part of me doesn't want him to get sucked into the black hole that is the WNY pro sports culture.

I'm not sure I understand the upside of having two quarterbacks who throw like Stevie Wonder.

I typed in "great tebow pass" on youtube and came up with several, including one in the playoffs*. Type in "great fitzpatrick pass" and all you get are madden replays or screens.

*A magical time of the football season where, if you win your division or have a wildcard, you are entered in a tournament to determine the league champion. Seen by teams situated near Lake Erie about as often as often as Halley's Comet. Existence has been called into question by Jim Mora.

Edited by sodbuster

This will be the way the marketing department will try to hype the offseason and get people interested back into buying tickets and merchandise.

Tebow will come cheap in the way of a 4th round pick or later. Also keep the media off Chan and Nix going into next season. Russ Brandon works his magic once again.

:doh::thumbdown::wallbash: :wallbash: :bag: :bag: :bag:

With the work ethic that this guy has & the his size along with a stat sheet like this i think the guy could be a great , cheap pick up . The wildcat though i think should be out lawed in the NFL .

He played in a read opption in college as did the guy that handed us our latest A** wooping . All of the EXPERTS said that Russel Wilson was to small & we have even had posts on here that have said that he will never make a good NFL QB . So what happened with that ?

Teabow given the chance last year took a team to the play offs with his first chance , thats more than i can say about Fitz in 3 chances .

I don't know that the guy will ever be a QUOTE "NFL QB" but if you listen to the so called EXPERTS the Bills were suppose to be in the play offs this year & hows that working for us ??

I just think with his work ethic, a good QB coach, & a legitamit chance this guy could be better than again THE EXPERTS say he will be .

Call me desperate call me what you will but even Kelly saw something in him. Plus this guy has the biggest & the best of help on his side & i just think if he was given the chance he would prove all the nay sayers wrong & possibley put up these kind of numbers again ...

TIM TEBOW STATS Passing Rushing

Statistics Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg TD

2009 314 213 67.8 2,895 21 5 164.2 217 910 4.2 14

2008 298 192 64.4 2,746 30 4 172.4 176 673 3.8 12

2007 350 234 66.9 3,286 32 6 172.5 210 895 4.3 23

2006 33 22 66.7 358 5 1 201.7 89 469 5.3 8

Career 995 661 66.4 9,285 88 16 170.8 692 2,947 4.3 57