Buffalo Bills Pursuing Continuity With Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey

ThrowingFitz

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hacksaw on The Mighty 1090 in San Diego was discussing teams that were "Chernobyl" for any candidate to consider walking into as the new head coach...Basically teams that were a complete and utter disaster with no pieces in place to jumpstart the program...San Diego was still considered a salvagable situation with the roster they have...Guess which team was mentioned with Jacksonville?

The Bills have some talent-more than 2009...But it is still pretty bad....Attracting a coach worth a damn will be almost as hard as the last search-which got us the scrub Gailey..I dont think Ralph wants to go through that again, and why he will probably stick with these losers.

Only way Bills can add a real coach is by creating legitimacy (They have none): -Hire Polian as CEO

The Bills Motto: "If its BROKE why fix it"

At this point for long time fans and with the writing seemingly on the wall, in terms of the long term future in Buffalo.

It's probably best to take this **** sandwich and eat it. At least for another year or 2 fans can go the Ralph and watch NFL football. After that it will just be a blur, and memories.

Having to fly in from the left coast. With all the associated costs, the time wasted, just to see a pitiful organization from top to bottom that sucks. For some reason it just seems normal now. It's all anyone can expect. If Gailey is back next year, Brandon will have loads of extra inventory for sure.

Edited by Best Player Available

I agree. I will not purchase any tickets until they make a meaningful change in coaching. Bringing in another big name FA won't do, and firing Wanny won't do either. Nix and/or Gailey MUST be gone and a GOOD replacement must be brought in. When the ticket people call, I will tell them as much.

and if nobody buys tickets. the biggest change they will make is the city they play for.

Unfortunately, I believe the bolded to be true. Talk about a catch-22. Do fans just stop buying tickets to try and force change with the possibility of that helping to push the team out of Buffalo or keep buying tickets to a substandard product?

We need to come up with another way to send a message to Ralph and his cronies but I can’t help but wonder if it would even matter to them as long as they were getting paid. How would the team’s brass react if next seasons home opener sells out but no fans actually go into the game until the 2nd quarter so there are no Bills fans in the stadium at the opening kickoff? Or what if every fan in the stadium has a bag over their head with a personal message to Ralph written on it like “You got your money, now give us a real team” and no one stands up to cheer for the team; everyone just sits there as quiet as they can be for the whole game.

Edited by cnico

If anyone buys this crap, I'm gonna puke. If Gailey is the coach in 2013, I hope the fans are smart enough to hold off on any purchase of tickets, season or otherwise until mid October. If th the Bills want fan support, make these bastards earn it the old fashioned way... one win at a time.

You said it brother :thumbsup:

Continuity is the very same BS that Dick Jauron stated when asked why he retained OC Turk Schonert, and then went and fired him two weeks before the 09 season started.

These 2 morons have had 3 years to get it together and 50-17 loss to Pete Carroll's Seahawks with a rookie QB the Bills could have easily drafted in the 3rd round is an outright slap in the face to every Bills fan out there.

Nix / Gailey simply don't have the brain cells to turn this franchise into a winner, and they never will have them. Is this going to be another Dick Jauron debacle when owner Ralph Wilson finally fired these two morons after 9 games next year? Why give these two idiots another draft, off season, and free agency period to screw up?

If you went into a hospital to have a gall bladder operation and instead the moron removes your appendix...would you let the same idiot operate on you twice?

I'll go on record as saying, continuity, even as bad as it has been of late, is better than the alternative. We cannot clean house every 3 years, that's rediculous. Give Nix and Co. at least one more year. Continuity is needed here. Contrary to what most people will have you believe on here, coaches and schemes can be tweaked, and get better. Wholesale sweeping changes the organization will only set the Bills back a few more years at least.

You said it brother :thumbsup:

Continuity is the very same BS that Dick Jauron stated when asked why he retained OC Turk Schonert, and then went and fired him two weeks before the 09 season started.

These 2 morons have had 3 years to get it together and 50-17 loss to Pete Carroll's Seahawks with a rookie QB the Bills could have easily drafted in the 3rd round is an outright slap in the face to every Bills fan out there.

Nix / Gailey simply don't have the brain cells to turn this franchise into a winner, and they never will have them. Is this going to be another Dick Jauron debacle when owner Ralph Wilson finally fired these two morons after 9 games next year? Why give these two idiots another draft, off season, and free agency period to screw up?

If you went into a hospital to have a gall bladder operation and instead the moron removes your appendix...would you let the same idiot operate on you twice?

Yeah, do you play poker? Hindsight is 20/20, and its laugable that people point to one person or missed pick as the whole reason a team has tanked it. There are players that end up better than what they thought, and players who bust. Its all a real crapshoot. Armchair GMs of course will say that they wanted Wilson, but guess what, you weren't privvy to all the information these scouts are and they believed he didn't fit as our pick where he was available. Tough luck buddy, don't act like you know more than these professionals.

This article is funny, because we are not good!

Basically, if they do stay...14 seasons with no playoffs...15...16...17 and so on

So all coaches and GMs, over the history of the NFL, have continued to stay bad with no progression at all? Interesting! That's news to me! Tell that to Bellicheck.

Weird time to write that article. I could see doing it in early November when Nix gave Gailey a resounding vote of confidence, but things have gotten even worse since then and the coach has been a huge factor in that. Gailey is finished.

So all coaches and GMs, over the history of the NFL, have continued to stay bad with no progression at all? Interesting! That's news to me! Tell that to Bellicheck.

You didn't just sort of compare Gailey to Belichick, did you? Hahaha.

I'll go on record as saying, continuity, even as bad as it has been of late, is better than the alternative. We cannot clean house every 3 years, that's rediculous. Give Nix and Co. at least one more year. Continuity is needed here. Contrary to what most people will have you believe on here, coaches and schemes can be tweaked, and get better. Wholesale sweeping changes the organization will only set the Bills back a few more years at least.

You jump out of the station wagon and "tweak" Gailey. We'll sit here and watch. :)

How much tweaking of the systems do you see Gailey and Wannstedt doing? Be honest.

How does "tweaking the system" help when the players have quit? How does the same guy walk into the same room and say "Listen up, I'm going to tweak a few things!" and turn into a leader of a group of guys that aren't even interested in trying? Are you expecting more than muffled laughter?

There is an answer that satisfies both sides of the equation but it won't happen. Hire Cowher as HC and Gailey stays on as OC. Gailey is clearly, obviously and unmistakenly in over his head as head coach. I still believe, however, that he can be a good to very good OC as long as a strong HC is there to rein in his worst tendencies (i.e. slow down the tempo, run the ball, etc.). Cowher could retain or fire Wanny. Totally indifferent to that. Of course, I understand that this won't happen in a million years for a million different reasons.

Weird time to write that article. I could see doing it in early November when Nix gave Gailey a resounding vote of confidence, but things have gotten even worse since then and the coach has been a huge factor in that. Gailey is finished.

You didn't just sort of compare Gailey to Belichick, did you? Hahaha.

That's what people say when they want to deflect the question without being able to answer it. Congrats brother, you know what I was saying but chose to take the smart arse route.

You jump out of the station wagon and "tweak" Gailey. We'll sit here and watch. :)

How much tweaking of the systems do you see Gailey and Wannstedt doing? Be honest.

How does "tweaking the system" help when the players have quit? How does the same guy walk into the same room and say "Listen up, I'm going to tweak a few things!" and turn into a leader of a group of guys that aren't even interested in trying? Are you expecting more than muffled laughter?

So what I'm hearing you say is, you're in the locker room and know exactly what's going on. Am I right?

Hacksaw on The Mighty 1090 in San Diego was discussing teams that were "Chernobyl" for any candidate to consider walking into as the new head coach...Basically teams that were a complete and utter disaster with no pieces in place to jumpstart the program...San Diego was still considered a salvagable situation with the roster they have...Guess which team was mentioned with Jacksonville?

OBD tries desperately to restrict information by keeping as much in-house as possible. It's demonstrated by who the organization hires to be GM and of the last 6 to hold the position, 5 were people who'd already worked at OBD.

That said, I suspect Nix isn't going to be fired. If anything, he'd retire. OTOH, firing Gailey means a job search, which will lead to added focus on the organization. Brandon and Nix have to know by now that opening themselves up for that scrutiny makes life only harder. And so, I see Gailey being back, a QB taken high in 2013, and the team hyping said player. Firing executives just creates so much of a hassle, especially when no one wants your job.