We know Chan's a goner. Here's Ralph's list.

Dr. Trooth

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is. An alphabetical list of every retread HC, perceived HC commodity, "I've heard of him", or on someone's 'wish list' coaches for Ralph to consider to be his next Kevlar vest. For sure, the Bills next HC is on this list. If not, please feel free to add yours.

Bobby April (ST)

(2) Brian Billick

(3) Jon Gruden

Perry Fewell (DC)

(1) Jim Haslett

(5) Mike Leach

(4) Sean Payton

Frank Reich (OC)

Priority assigned based on personal preference and/or likelihood of actually getting any one of them to sign.

Like many fans I have been thinking of who i want to coach this team since the Tennessee game, where coaching truly was the reason for the team losing the game. This year Chan Gailey has been in over his head I hope that Buddy can see that.

Vic Fangio is the defensive coordinator for the 49ers. I love the tenacity of their defense, it is coming from a defensive coach with a ton of experience and a proven track record. Jim harbaugh is a good coach but the defense is what has made the 49ers as good as they are.

Fangios specialty is line backers.

resume

he was linebackers coach for the saints from 86 to 94 where he coached one of the best line backing corps of all time. I was not around for this but i have heard great things about this group jim mora gets credited for.

from 95-98 he was D coordinator for the panthers where he had a team that finished in the top 10 for pts and yards for two of the three years

from 02-05 he was with the Texans as D coordinator. The texans were just a bad team, i will give him a pass.

he coached with the ravens and Stanford between the Texans and niners.

he is now with the 49ers where he looks to have another one of the best LB corps in the games history with patrick willis Navorro bowman, Aldon smith and ahmad brooks. Jim harbaugh is a offensive coach he is not the reason this teams defense is going crazy. top 3 in pts and yards the past 2 years.

we bring in manti te'o for him to start it all off with.

Throw the money at this guy.

GET IT DONE BUDDY!

Nothing here screams "man for the job." It'd be kind of hard to mess up as a coordinator with a defense as talented as San Francisco's.

Yeah I definitely agree with you here. That would be a typical mistake, it would be hard to mess up with the talent on that defense. I'd really like to see Buffalo make an offer for Bruce Arians.

Nothing here screams "man for the job." It'd be kind of hard to mess up as a coordinator with a defense as talented as San Francisco's.

in 2010 before he came in they ranked 16th in points and 13th in yards with Singltary as the head coach. with most of the same players. look at the other teams he has coached. every player in the league is talented thats how they get in the nfl, they are the top 250 players in college football.

Love the idea, but Fangio ain't going nowhere. -He's got too good of a thing going in Frisco. No way he'd leave a team that's going places, for OBD. No way.

money can make some people do some strange things, but valid point.

Like many fans I have been thinking of who i want to coach this team since the Tennessee game, where coaching truly was the reason for the team losing the game. This year Chan Gailey has been in over his head I hope that Buddy can see that.

Vic Fangio is the defensive coordinator for the 49ers. I love the tenacity of their defense, it is coming from a defensive coach with a ton of experience and a proven track record. Jim harbaugh is a good coach but the defense is what has made the 49ers as good as they are.

Fangios specialty is line backers.

resume

he was linebackers coach for the saints from 86 to 94 where he coached one of the best line backing corps of all time. I was not around for this but i have heard great things about this group jim mora gets credited for.

from 95-98 he was D coordinator for the panthers where he had a team that finished in the top 10 for pts and yards for two of the three years

from 02-05 he was with the Texans as D coordinator. The texans were just a bad team, i will give him a pass.

he coached with the ravens and Stanford between the Texans and niners.

he is now with the 49ers where he looks to have another one of the best LB corps in the games history with patrick willis Navorro bowman, Aldon smith and ahmad brooks. Jim harbaugh is a offensive coach he is not the reason this teams defense is going crazy. top 3 in pts and yards the past 2 years.

we bring in manti te'o for him to start it all off with.

Throw the money at this guy.

GET IT DONE BUDDY!

Fangio has very creative blitzes and was outstanding at Stanford and now the 9ers, don't know if he can HC but would live that style of D here.

Jim Tomsula DL coach it was there before Fangio and was interim coach after Singlentary was fired,i really think is the reason for the sucess of that defense. In the seahawks game constantly was talking w/ A. Smith, so i think he has some job with the OLB or in pass rush

Jim Tomsula DL coach it was there before Fangio and was interim coach after Singlentary was fired,i really think is the reason for the sucess of that defense. In the seahawks game constantly was talking w/ A. Smith, so i think he has some job with the OLB or in pass rush

I would assume he would try to bring people he knew in to coach with him, maybe bring Jim to coordinate the defense.

Yeah I definitely agree with you here. That would be a typical mistake, it would be hard to mess up with the talent on that defense. I'd really like to see Buffalo make an offer for Bruce Arians.

Is it just a coincidence that he as coached two of the best tandems to play the game?

we need to run a something out of the 43 base defense. Our d lineman are all built for that and we have no LBs who can play in the 3-4. Not to mention that most of league plays the 34 and is looking for the same personnel. The time to switch to the 34 was 10 years ago just like the time to switch to the Tampa 2 was about 15 years ago. Can't be behind the curve with your defensive scheme because the special players you need to run them at an elite level are few and far between. We just need to be a more aggressive 43 defense. Something similar to what the Seahawks run. We already have alot of the personnel for it and the 43 Under scheme has not taken off across the league like the 34 has recently.

I'd really like to see Buffalo make an offer for Bruce Arians.

Jay Gruden

I like both of these candidates.

Both men have very recently and very successfully worked with rookie quarterbacks.

It seems like Arians got run out of Pitt because management wanted someone to "stand up" to Big Ben instead of enabling him. They should have just told Arians to reign him in a bit. It's almost like Tomlin passed the buck for not being able to control Arians and/or Big Ben.

Arians has done a great job with Andrew Luck and got the Colts to the playoffs as interim head coach.

The whole Indy situation is so weird because it'll probably end up that Arians will have coached the Colts to the playoffs, and will have to step aside for Pagano before the playoffs begin. Furthermore, Arians will most likely end up leaving as a result of his success as the interim coach.

And no one has any clue as to how Pagano will do. There's a lot of feel good moments throughout his recovery but again, there's no telling if the team will get better or worse once he takes the reigns from Arians.

It actually would surprise me if the Colts haven't had internal discussions about how and at what cost they could keep Arians, especially as he is probably bound at the hip with Andrew Luck at this point. These discussions have probably encompassed every (and I mean EVERY) scenario but of course they're not gonna ask a guy who just recovered from leukemia to step down.

Very interesting situation.

Ralph is 96 (? 94?). The team will be sold within the next few years. No serious coach will come to Buffalo knowing that whoever buys the Bills will want to install their own front office, their own GM, their own head coach. Taking a job in Buffalo would be signing on to limbo.

No big name coach will come so long as Ralph is here. In fact, I'm betting Chan is still here come kickoff next season.

I say hire Fewell (as we should have done back then in retrospect) and keep chan but demote him to OC.

Perry Fewell as HC :thumbsup:

Chan as HC (along with Fitz as his QB) :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

My personal choice for HC, who will be tough and get the best out of this under-utilized team - Bobby April :thumbsup:

Edited by ganesh