Bills Free Agents After This Year and Next May Walk

box0life

After being a part of this team for several years, how does this front office convince players like Levitre, Byrd, McKelvin, and Jones to resign with this team, let alone Wood and Spiller for next year? This team may be starting from scratch if these players walk.We certainly can't afford to lose Levitre and Byrd this year and the Bills never use the Franchise tag.What happens if these players walk. I am even worried about losing McKelvin and Jones. We can't afford to lose our best punt returner in McKelvin and like it or not he is better than A. Williams, Rogers and Brooks as far as I can see. McGee is done. Graham won't be able to replace Jones either. We are going to spend next year's draft replacing the pieces we lose in free agency. This team may not be able to improve with the draft next year if they lose these pieces.

Next year gets even more concerning when Wood and Spiller decide to opt out and try free agency. Why would Spiller want to resign with this team after the way he was utilized.

After being a part of this team for several years, how does this front office convince players like Levitre, Byrd, McKelvin, and Jones to resign with this team, let alone Wood and Spiller for next year? This team may be starting from scratch if these players walk.We certainly can't afford to lose Levitre and Byrd this year and the Bills never use the Franchise tag.What happens if these players walk. I am even worried about losing McKelvin and Jones. We can't afford to lose our best punt returner in McKelvin and like it or not he is better than A. Williams, Rogers and Brooks as far as I can see. McGee is done. Graham won't be able to replace Jones either. We are going to spend next year's draft replacing the pieces we lose in free agency. This team may not be able to improve with the draft next year if they lose these pieces.

Next year gets even more concerning when Wood and Spiller decide to opt out and try free agency. Why would Spiller want to resign with this team after the way he was utilized.

I agree spiller needs to be fulltime starter, different coach. How about jim tressel?

I honestly hope they all leave. The good ones. Byrd, Wood, Levitre, CJ. They all deserve good teams and pro bowl caliber type years. They won't get that here. Just like the playoffs and any real shot at the Superbowl.

I really do want to see them do well somewhere else. We suck. No point bringing them down.

McKelvin and Jones can run not walk away and I'm guessing Mckelvin is gone he sucks. Special team play doesn't warrant what his asking price will be. Jones? He's easily replaceable. What has he done?

But Levitre and especially Byrd may require a hometown bonus, not discount, to play their careers on a sub par team.

McKelvin and Jones can run not walk away and I'm guessing Mckelvin is gone he sucks. Special team play doesn't warrant what his asking price will be. Jones? He's easily replaceable. What has he done?

But Levitre and especially Byrd may require a hometown bonus, not discount, to play their careers on a sub par team.

Amen

I remained shocked that nobody on the team speaks out about the situation. A lot of these guys, for whatever reason - really like Chan Gailey.

They all liked Jauron too. It's hard to publicy trash a guy when he appears to be a good person. They spend so much time with them, there's definitely a bond. Players seem to only publicly call out a hard headed Pr*ck s.o.b coach when things start going bad.

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago. Fans love to jump on guys for leaving, like Whitner. If any of these guys walk- and some will- I won't be happy, but I'll respect the decision. This franchise is a joke.

Edited by ny33

I remained shocked that nobody on the team speaks out about the situation. A lot of these guys, for whatever reason - really like Chan Gailey.

I'm not shocked at all. He is too incompetent to try to hold them accountable. Everybody gets a free pass when the boss is incompetent.

Theres a reason why players sometimes feel loyalty to their coaches, even when the teams records would say they should think otherwise. Its because sometimes the blame is just as much on the players as it is on the coaches. The best coach can put together the best game plan/schemes, and they can still fail if the players don't execute it the way it needs to be done. Players buy into their coaches schemes/systems, and if executed correctly, they feel it should give them the best chances to win, when it doesn't work out, they feel they are to blame too. Fans though might key in and blame a player or too, but usually they blame the coaches the most.

And everyones right, this team just can't attract FA's because the coaching staff and Front office are so horrible, it will just be another offseason like last year of scrapping the bottom of the barrell for players in FA.........

All very valid points i just hope we can get a few to restructure their deals like Fitz & Mario in order to keep some of the guys like Byrd & if CJ has another good year next year he will be able to get big bucks in FA !!

All very valid points i just hope we can get a few to restructure their deals like Fitz & Mario in order to keep some of the guys like Byrd & if CJ has another good year next year he will be able to get big bucks in FA !!

They don't need those guys to restructure to re-sign current players. They can re-sign those guys if they want to, if they want to make a big splash again in FA though, they may need to get someone like Fitz to re-structure, I don't see Mario re-structuring anything though

Levitre is the best on that list and most critical. McK, as nice as it is having a great PR, he's a lousy corner and the ridiculous return game will start falling off as he gets older..... jones I don't see his phone ringing off of the hook and there can't be another team in the with WRs bad enough for him to start.

Bryd is a hawk but lacks closing speed and not a big hitter. Can take em or leave em. Maybe A Williams is actually good at safety because we all know he's about 4th best as a corner.

Levitre is the best on that list and most critical. McK, as nice as it is having a great PR, he's a lousy corner and the ridiculous return game will start falling off as he gets older..... jones I don't see his phone ringing off of the hook and there can't be another team in the with WRs bad enough for him to start.

Bryd is a hawk but lacks closing speed and not a big hitter. Can take em or leave em. Maybe A Williams is actually good at safety because we all know he's about 4th best as a corner.

I can't see them letting Levitre walk, McKelvin has value as a returner and depth corner and will only be let go of if his demands are crazy, Byrd is another that I don't see them let walk. Jones will probably be brought back on a cheap deal. They are going to draft a QB and WR early this year if you believe Nix. Johnson, Graham, Jones, and Nelson will be brought back with a new WR. Its tough to really judge the guys we have with Fitz the guy throwing them the ball. These WR's would look much better if they had someone that got them the ball to an area where players can catch it

Like Levitre a lot, tough SOB, but he's had a sub par year after breaking out big time last year, that may actually help us out. He's not in the Nicks/Evans/Mankins category, so that may save us some money. On the other hand, he may want that kind of money if he's going to play for the Bills.

Team is a mess, we're always behind the curve, trying to fill holes constantly. Not sure how much more of this I can't take, same **** every year for almost a decade and a half.

Edited by bouds