When another team runs a fake point up 30 points late in a game you ha

I say do it...run the score up, in fact I beg to run the score up on us.

A) Its a game, a game where the object of the game is to score points and one where grown ass man are paid a ridiculous amount of money to play for 2/3rds of a year...if you don't like it then play better.

B) Hopefully it just helps show what an embarrassment this staff is and will help lead them to the exit for good and we can bring in some real coaches who have heart, energy, passion, fire, leadership, game smarts, etc etc.

Carrol is a classless d#$%&bag and hopefully karma will visit him soon. And it is interesting to note he couldn't win at USC without cheating and had to run out of there when the NCAA figured it out.

Again...you dont like it, then play better. Honestly, why do people get their panties in a wad over this? You know what the Seahawks are about to do? Go to the playoffs. So why not try some unconventional plays during live game action once you have the game in complete control? Practice is one thing, getting a chance to try them during a real game is a whole other thing.

If I was a coach and up big and headed to the playoffs, I would certainly try a few gadget plays that might come in handy in an important playoff moment. So relax, its a game, they are working on a few things to see how they execute prepping for the real season to begin while the sack of losers known as the Bills prepare to watch from home again.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Again...you dont like it, then play better. Honestly, why do people get their panties in a wad over this? You know what the Seahawks are about to do? Go to the playoffs. So why not try some unconventional plays during live game action once you have the game in complete control? Practice is one thing, getting a chance to try them during a real game is a whole other thing.

If I was a coach and up big and headed to the playoffs, I would certainly try a few gadget plays that might come in handy in an important playoff moment. So relax, its a game, they are working on a few things to see how they execute prepping for the real season to begin while the sack of losers known as the Bills prepare to watch from home again.

If that's the reasoning, it was terrible timing. No way the bills special teams were prepping for a "real play" and were likely just coasting. Practice might have been closer to game situations in this case.

Was a kind of cheap play - about a half step up from faking the kneel to end the game - but such is life. The old "don't like it, stop it"

IMO you're wrong, but for a moment let's assume that you are right.

So, that fake punt worked. Will you see it again this season? Why not? Because other teams are now prepared for it?

I cannot believe he called that. Probably one of the most classless things I have ever seen from an NFL coach. Not even the Patriots* would do something like that.

What goes around, comes around. When the Niners beat those guys by 50 points next week, I really hope Harbaugh pulls the same kind of stunt.

Harbaugh owes him one from back in the day in a similar show of disrespect from PC.

Carrol is a classless d#$%&bag and hopefully karma will visit him soon. And it is interesting to note he couldn't win at USC without cheating and had to run out of there when the NCAA figured it out.

Couldn't agree more. Carrol is an azz. I still think back to him going for a two point play when he was the Pats coach after we got robbed on a pass interference call. The Bills had left the field.

John Lynch nailed it when he said it's one thing to run up the score in the normal course of the game and you can just tell the defense to stop them if you don't like it but it's quite another to dial up a trick play on a fake punt when you're up by 30 late in the game.

Bush move all the way.

GO BILLS!!!

Actually Harbaugh was accused of running up the score against Carrol when Stanford destroyed USC. Get your facts straight.

I must've misheard/remembered could've sworn I heard someone talking about it today the opposite way. My mistake, if so. They've had multiple run ins though, that much I do know for sure.

Edited by NoSaint

I must've misheard/remembered could've sworn I heard someone talking about it today the opposite way. My mistake, if so.

IIRC Caroll ran up the score against Harbaugh when Harbaugh took over at Stanford. Something about welcoming him to the conference. So Harbaugh waited for a chance to run it up and all over Carrol later on.

IIRC Caroll ran up the score against Harbaugh when Harbaugh took over at Stanford. Something about welcoming him to the conference. So Harbaugh waited for a chance to run it up and all over Carrol later on.

I thought it was something like that. They've had some exchanges at the pro level too. Should be a fun game! Two good defenses, two young mobile qbs, playoff implications and coach rivalry

Caroll's play is no worse than Failey calling a quarterback sneak on first and 10. LOL!

A coach should be made to wear a dunce hat along with the QB for that gem. Pete Caroll was tasting a big V, called the play and the plane ride home is no worse off for it. The Seahawks destroyed the Bills at every level. The fake punt is grasping for a excuse IMO for a inexcusable performance by a sub par team.

I thought it was something like that. They've had some exchanges at the pro level too. Should be a fun game! Two good defenses, two young mobile qbs, playoff implications and coach rivalry

Just looked. 2005 with Glendale White, Primary, Bush, Steve smith, etc. ran ip Stanford.

2009 Stanford shocks USC 51-17. Carrol was pissed!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWeS3VeluAmg

That is the strategy, now teams will may feel the need to keep a couple extra guys up towards the line, thus making it tougher to set up a good return.

And actually that was why it was a good place for Seattle to run the play, they were way up, if it totally failed and the Bill's got the ball and scored a TD, so what Seattle was still going to win the game. In a 7 point game, you try that and fail it could cost you the game. Whether it worked or not, you still have to now be ready to defend it and it couldn't have hurt Seattle either way in this game. So actually yes it was a good idea running it at that time. The only risk is being ripped for running up the score.

IMO you're wrong, but for a moment let's assume that you are right.

So, that fake punt worked. Will you see it again this season? Why not? Because other teams are now prepared for it?