Elementary school shootings in CT: Principal, multiple students killed

Sorry, most atheists don't, you are a complete idiot. How many laws have atheists pushed for compared to the God believers who are one of societies biggest interest groups. Atheists don't have anywhere near the resources the ignorant religious people do

Yes Davey.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are most atheists so insecure about their belief that they need to throw it at the God believers' faces?

Pretty confident I did not identify as an atheist. Simply highlighting the strawman logic and Gestaltan views of those that suddenly want to assign tragedy to the 'Devil' or "God's will".

Ignorance is strength! You are unbelievable! Making a joke about this

That is not what it seems... Nobody is laughing @ the victims or disrespecting them.

To butcher/steal Jimmy Buffet's line: "If we DON'T laugh, We'll all go insane."

Again... This is tearing people up! Don't let the hate in one's heart consume.

So you say, Mr. Universe.

Making a joke about people trying to score a political point by abusing, misusing, and misrepresenting it? And I'M unbelievable?

Someone is wrong on the Internet and you feel you have to fix it? Have fun Tommybot!

That is not what it seems... Nobody is laughing @ the victims or disrespecting them.

To butcher/steal Jimmy Buffet's line: "If we DON'T laugh, We'll all go insane."

Again... This is tearing people up! Don't let the hate in one's heart consume.

Ex, it's all good, scoring a very cheap point on Tom is all in dealing with the pain ;)

Pretty confident I did not identify as an atheist. Simply highlighting the strawman logic and Gestaltan views of those that suddenly want to assign tragedy to the 'Devil' or "God's will".

Religion is inherently illogical, so introducing logic into a religious discussion is poking a hornet's nest.

At this point, blaming the Devil is as good of a rationale for whatever sick f*&king mind this kid had. His actions were subhuman.

Religion is inherently illogical, so introducing logic into a religious discussion is poking a hornet's nest.

At this point, blaming the Devil is as good of a rationale for whatever sick f*&king mind this kid had. His actions were subhuman.

See, this is the beauty of continued banter of this type......we are more near agreement than not......I agree this kid had a sick f&*king.......and his actions were clearly below human standard.......now, how much do we need to talk about religion - that is probably our difference......I say none, others disagree.

But if we do not have this interaction, too much gets left unsaid......and then it becomes rinse and repeat in perpituity. At least now, we have a good idea of what we have in common and what we don't.......with the hope we can drill down to reasons of human behavior so acts like this are not repeated (or compressed).

If we simply default to the 'Devil' or "God's will" we will never be able to change.....understand....whatever.....yet, if you look at reality then we at least have a chance.......

See, this is the beauty of continued banter of this type......we are more near agreement than not......I agree this kid had a sick f&*king.......and his actions were clearly below human standard.......now, how much do we need to talk about religion - that is probably our difference......I say none, others disagree.

But if we do not have this interaction, too much gets left unsaid......and then it becomes rinse and repeat in perpituity. At least now, we have a good idea of what we have in common and what we don't.......with the hope we can drill down to reasons of human behavior so acts like this are not repeated (or compressed).

If we simply default to the 'Devil' or "God's will" we will never be able to change.....understand....whatever.....yet, if you look at reality then we at least have a chance.......

Nicely said.

I'm of the belief, in this country in particular, that if the schools reintroduce religion responsibly (unlike middle eastern countries), that these events will happen a lot less than they do now. Once again, not saying I'm right and you're wrong, just my opinion. I think it will help.

Ummm.... Wikipedia (I know it's not a definitive source, so someone may want to doublecheck) shows there's been five school shootings in Canada since Columbine, so your article seems to be a bit off since it only shows one...

http://en.wikipedia...._shooting#2010s

From your link, I crunched the numbers as best as can be expected from a Wiki article (since and including 1999):

USA

79 School Shootings

60 Resulting in Fatalities

Rest of the World

29 School Shootings

25 Resulting in Fatalities

I'll wait for someone with more time on their hands to truly vet this statistic, but the numbers seem pretty consistent, proportionally at least.

I believe it's time for serious change with regard to which types of weapons are made available to the public, who can obtain them and the process of obtaining them.

There was a big knife attack in a school in China:

Apparently mass knifings (?) in China's elementary schools have been on the rise. Does that mean China's effed too?

http://forums.twobil...es-22-children/

See any difference in the attacked/dead ratio?

Who are all the posters here claiming "Gods will" or the "Devil" was the cause? Name them. It seems like you have used those terms more in this thread than I've heard from everybody else.

Who are all the posters here claiming "Gods will" or the "Devil" was the cause? Name them. It seems like you have used those terms more in this thread than I've heard from everybody else.

Re-read the thread....closely this time. You will see. I am not going to do your work for you....you do it.

From your link, I crunched the numbers as best as can be expected from a Wiki article (since and including 1999):

USA

79 School Shootings

60 Resulting in Fatalities

Rest of the World

29 School Shootings

25 Resulting in Fatalities

I'll wait for someone with more time on their hands to truly vet this statistic, but the numbers seem pretty consistent, proportionally at least.

I believe it's time for serious change with regard to which types of weapons are made available to the public, who can obtain them and the process of obtaining them.

See any difference in the attacked/dead ratio?

Did you include that summer camp in Norway where guns are virtually prohibited? It appears that the shooter today had a weapon that was not legal in Connecticut. How do you get around that?

Re-read the thread....closely this time. You will see. I am not going to do your work for you....you do it.

Ah, the Jersey Sue defense, eh? You make a claim then it's your duty to back it up. As far as I am concerned, you can't back it up.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Did you include that summer camp in Norway where guns are virtually prohibited. It appears that the shooter today had a weapon that was not legal in Connecticut. How do you get around that?

Ah, Jersey Sue, eh? You make a claim then it's your duty to back it up. As far as I am concerned, you can't back it up.

A summer camp is not a school. I'm sure it doesn't include a lot of things in either the USA or the rest of the world.