Free Agent WR's

Well, the chances are that the Bills do not do a thing to address the QB position. My feelings are that they do not change course and get a new coach either. But I do think that there are some good players to be had in Free Agency. I speak Free Agency, mainly because we are out of it this year. We all know that. I for one think that they should address the abysmal LB position, but my money is on them making a move at WR. Take a look at the WR's. on the list. I would take any one of them. Well, maybe not Kevin Ogletree. He's had one good game this year. and it was the first game of the season.

1. Greg Jennings - Nice receiver, but may command too much cash to see a fit in Bflo.

2. Mike Wallace - Love the talent on this guy. He can stretch a defense with speed. He wants big money too, Hell, Don't they all?

3. Dwayne Bowe - Would be an ideal fit here. We need to get him before the Pats get him.

4. Wes Welker - Great slot receiver. Up in age, so he will be out of NE. No way they keep him after this year.

5. Josh Cribbs - Just the guy that the Bills usually go after. somewhat productive, Good return guy. needs work, but our offense suits him

6. Danny Amendola - I would love it, if the Bills got him. Fast, Sure Hands, great route runner. Didn't I say fast. He's the new Wes Welker, The Patriots may make a run here too.

7. Kevin Ogletree - One game wonder. Would not want this guy. But I can see the Bills making the less than favorable move here. Someone that does not play better than Stevie and can be had on the cheap.

As for Tight Ends.

1. Fred Davis Washington will probably keep him

2. Jared Cook. Nice TE

3 - Dustin Keller. - Over hyped.

4. Heath Miller. Now that's a great fit. Great guy, but I like Chandlers progress. He will stay our TE for a while.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign none of them. Resign Byrd, Levitre, urbik and Mckelvin. Signing those guys will use up most of our money. Focus on adding a QB. Whether it be in the draft, trade or FA. Without a QB, any WR additions would be a waste of money as our QB wouldn't be able to get them the ball past 8 yards.

Sign none of them. Resign Byrd, Levitre, urbik and Mckelvin. Signing those guys will use up most of our money. Focus on adding a QB. Whether it be in the draft, trade or FA. Without a QB, any WR additions would be a waste of money as our QB wouldn't be able to get them the ball past 8 yards.

Byrd is going to get hit with a franchise tag, Levitre will ink for around $22m/4 years with 10 upfront. Urbik will get a $7m/2 year deal with 3 guaranteed. McKelvin will demand $7m-$9m/year for 3-4 years, and will price himself out of our range.

Spot on. If we re-sign Byrd, Levitre and Urbik, I'll be VERY pleased with those signings alone. McKelvin....ehhhh....don't think I'd lose too much sleep if we didn't re-sign him.

I would love to have a big, physical receiver like Bowe. But our offense would not utilize him. I like our receiving corp as is. Stevie, Nelson, Jones, Graham and Easley. Add another 1 or two in the draft and I think we are OK.

We need to look at seriously improving our LBers

I would love to have a big, physical receiver like Bowe. But our offense would not utilize him. I like our receiving corp as is. Stevie, Nelson, Jones, Graham and Easley. Add another 1 or two in the draft and I think we are OK.

We need to look at seriously improving our LBers

Really? Actually, When Gailey was with KC, He used Bowe. ALOT. He is the perfect fit in this offense. He would overtake Stevie anyways, He's that good. The problem yes, is who is throwing the ball his way. That is a problem we already know about. I'm just saying that there are good options at WR.

Amendola gets injured too often... but I like him. Not sure we have an offense that could use him though

Bowe seems good on paper with Steve but it might be too much improvisation

Only way for Cribbs would be if he was a returner

Pass on the TE's. Fix WR in FA. Fix Qb and LB in draft. Patch up D in draft. Draft a good multipurpose interior lineman early.

Byrd is going to get hit with a franchise tag, Levitre will ink for around $22m/4 years with 10 upfront. Urbik will get a $7m/2 year deal with 3 guaranteed. McKelvin will demand $7m-$9m/year for 3-4 years, and will price himself out of our range.

LoL. Levitre getting 22m/4 years??? No way. Maybe Urbik will get something similar to that. Levitre will be near forty million bet. 37-39m just like Stevie and Kyle W. Top OG's in the league are getting 9m or so. That rate you have on McKelvin is not exorbitant at all and the Bills have the cap space. It comes down to how much they value him on D. He's a beast on ST's. Great returning and covering kicks/punts.

Don't forget D. Nelson and D. Jones are restricted FA's this off season as well. I know some love to hate on any WR not named Stevie, but the Bills WR's, Jones included, are open A LOT. I don't think any of them will be what they totally can be with Fitz at QB.

Edited by purple haze

Watching the Packers game and it was noted that approx 40/45 players on their roster were drafted by them. I think it's prob the same in most good organizations. Unless a franchise QB unexpectedly comes available, keep building from within.

Watching the Packers game and it was noted that approx 40/45 players on their roster were drafted by them. I think it's prob the same in most good organizations. Unless a franchise QB unexpectedly comes available, keep building from within.

I think this is a rare situation the Packers have with that many drafted players on the roster. I would say most good teams probably have at the most 50-60% of their roster as guys they drafted

We need to be really careful on the McKelvin thing.....

Mckelvin's value is as a special teamer.....he is NOT a lockdown defending corner and beware of players that all of a sudden start playing better in a contact year.

I would like to keep him.......but not at the expense of addressing Byrd or Levitre......or possible a veteran QB

Mckelvin's value is as a special teamer.....he is NOT a lockdown defending corner and beware of players that all of a sudden start playing better in a contact year.

I would like to keep him.......but not at the expense of addressing Byrd or Levitre......or possible a veteran QB

McKelvin Lockdown corner?You're right He's not even an adequate corner. Paying him to return kicks is silly. They have a short shelf life. Also, there not the most pressing need on the Bills. I'm hoping they don't even offer him a contract. Speculating he will get into the 7-9 mil per year range is based on what? Certainly not his coverage skills.

exactly..and from the look of it, he may not returning kicks in the next 1-2 yrs if the NFL continues its BS safety strategy.

I'm in the minority here, but I think we are woefully inept at WR. Any help we can get would be appreciated. I'm tired of watching teams whose QB throws the football in the general vicinity of the WR and they're able to bring it in. Saw Britt do this for the Titans on NFL Replay last night. Sidney Rice does that for Russell Wilson. Eli Manning's WRs do that on a regular basis. We need guys like that. Our guys have problems holding onto footballs that hit them in the hands.

Even if Fitz is throwing to them next year, we need a serious upgrade.

Think back to SJ's drive killing alligator arm attempt on 3rd down last week or Jones dropping the one in the EZ vs Fish and ask yourself, is this good enough? I think not. We can do better.

Edited by reddogblitz