Seattle Seahawks this week

zow2

Since the Seattle folks visiting this board would like to see a thread on the game, here you go. Ok, i'd like to see some thoughts/predictions too.

Big game for the 'Hawks this week. They are fortunate it's in Toronto, a sterile indoor facility with ZERO home field advantage for the "Home" team.

I'm not one who wants to lose out to improve draft position. It would be nice to play hard and upset these guys...and piss off their fans who think the Bills are not a huge threat to beat them.

Glad to see CJ get his touches this week but i feel they will miss Freddie for those tough inside yards. It could be a rough outing for Fitz as Seattle's D is nasty.

I have no prediction. 'Hawks should win, but it's the NFL and you never know.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their front seven is going to give the right side of our OL fits. I see a long afternoon for our offense as a result.

Need to keep Wilson in the pocket. Gap discipline, something that KILLED us earlier in the season, will be critical.

That all starts with stopping Lynch, who I believe will be jacked to play his former team.

GO BILLS!!!

Seattle will kill us. Part of me hopes that Wilson puts up ridiculous numbers against our D to showcase how terrible NIx and Gailey are (for not drafting Wilson, and for sticking with Fitzy).

Wilson: over 200 yards, 2 TD passes.

Fitzy: under 200 yards, 1 TD pass, 1 INT.

Lynch: 25 carries, 120 yards, 1 TD

Spiller: 10 carries, 75 yards.

Choice: 20 carries, 25 yards.

Chan: um, uh, Spiller was winded, and um, we weren't expecting a rookie QB to play so well.

Seattle will kill us. Part of me hopes that Wilson puts up ridiculous numbers against our D to showcase how terrible NIx and Gailey are (for not drafting Wilson, and for sticking with Fitzy).

Chan: um, uh, Spiller was winded, and um, we weren't expecting a rookie QB to play so well.

Consider yourself on the record. We will revisit this prediction Sunday evening.

PTR

I don't know. I gotta think if we are getting 30 rushing attempts it won't be because Seattle is killing us. But Seattle's defense is very good. It's a match-up nightmare for us with our depleted OLine.

Stopping Lynch is the key. We'll see if this five game run of improved run D is real or not.

GO BILLS!!!

Followed by a Monday thread about what an "outstanding" game Fitz had :thumbdown:

Would I rather be a cardinals fan...? That summons up the medieval concept of the "sin eater." It seems that there was a tradition in some eastern European cities of an old crone who wandered the village and ate/assumed the sins of the other villagers. In that vein, Bills fans are much like sin eaters; we've had so much practice absorbing bad things from our team, we'll easily assume the sin-eating function for other losing teams--Cardinals?, bring 'em on!

Well the line seems to be the Bills getting 4.5 at "home".

CBS guys all pick Seattle straight up, 6 out of 8 pick Seattle giving the points.

If it were at the Ralph my heart might win and let me take the Bills in a squeeker.

But in Toronto, roof closed, neutral crowd, Seattle in a fight for the playoffs and playing very well of late, Lynch salivating ... can't see any way this ends well for the Bills.

I don't know. I gotta think if we are getting 30 rushing attempts it won't be because Seattle is killing us. But Seattle's defense is very good. It's a match-up nightmare for us with our depleted OLine.

Stopping Lynch is the key. We'll see if this five game run of improved run D is real or not.

GO BILLS!!!

At least someone remembers our O-line is in tatters. Not that a good O-line is needed in the NFL. Good coaching and QB play can "adjust" for the lack of blocking by sprouting wings and flying over defenders.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Since the Seattle folks visiting this board would like to see a thread on the game, here you go. Ok, i'd like to see some thoughts/predictions too.

Big game for the 'Hawks this week. They are fortunate it's in Toronto, a sterile indoor facility with ZERO home field advantage for the "Home" team.

I'm not one who wants to lose out to improve draft position. It would be nice to play hard and upset these guys...and piss off their fans who think the Bills are not a huge threat to beat them.

Glad to see CJ get his touches this week but i feel they will miss Freddie for those tough inside yards. It could be a rough outing for Fitz as Seattle's D is nasty.

I have no prediction. 'Hawks should win, but it's the NFL and you never know.

Agree with everything. I expect Lynch to have a good game and Spiller's YPC to be around 4.0 without Jackson.

At least someone remembers our O-line is in tatters. Not that a good O-line is needed in the NFL. Good coaching and QB play can "adjust" for the lack of blocking by sprouting wings and flying over defenders.

PTR

So should we draft O-linemen this year?

Or just have our current group "adjust" by sprouting armour so they never again can be injured?

So should we draft O-linemen this year?

Or just have our current group "adjust" by sprouting armour so they never again can be injured?

Depth is an issue for every team. But few teams are down to their 3rd string RT and RG as starters, while being forced to play their second 2nd string C. You can pooh-pooh that fact all you want, but against very good D fronts like Seattle, it's a problem.

GO BILLS!!!

Take Marshawh out for some fun before the game, and let him drive. That will control the running game. Use TJ to get "all" the inside scoop as the Jests did with Maybin. Assemble all naked pictures of Pete Carroll, his California rap sheet, and give them to the OPP's & Canada Customs a few minutes before the the plane lands. Remind them that they are cursed for luring away Chuck Knox. Put a huge picture of Brian Bosworth being run over, on the JumboTron. Have the team bus park next to one of the Toronto "Homo Milk" trucks. IF we can do that, we may have a shot of feeling like the Home Team. We'll still likely lose, but the entertainment value may be priceless!