Seattle Seahawks this week

zow2

Depth is an issue for every team. But few teams are down to their 3rd string RT and RG as starters, while being forced to play their second 2nd string C. You can pooh-pooh that fact all you want, but against very good D fronts like Seattle, it's a problem.

GO BILLS!!!

In my opinion, the Bills O-line performance vs. St. Louis was the difference between winning and losing. So if it was poor against the Rams, it will be just as bad if not worse at the Toronto Seahawks stadium.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least someone remembers our O-line is in tatters. Not that a good O-line is needed in the NFL. Good coaching and QB play can "adjust" for the lack of blocking by sprouting wings and flying over defenders.

PTR

the O line was definitely not a strength last week against the Rams. But Fitzie showed absolutely no escapability whatsoever whenever he was rushed. He just put his head down and fell forward into the pile. But the play that really killed us was in the last minute, 2nd and 10 at our own 42. The Rams overloaded the rt side with an LB and a safety near the line of scrimmage. It was obvious they were going to Blitz from that formation. Fitz was absolutely oblivious to it, by not audibilizing his protection to that side, and/or rolling out to his left to give himself more time to find a receiver. And he ended up getting creamed immediately. Everyone says Fitz is smart because he went to Harvard. And that is probably true. But his football acumen as a starting NFL quarterback is marginal at best. He runs our offense very robotically, very rarely changing plays to gain an advantage on the defense. ie, running a dive play with 9 men in the box, oh so many times. Watching his leadership, intangibles, etc, (mental stuff) vs. Tom Brady, not even talking the physical difference, (which is obviously staggering) is like watching HS football vs. NFL football.

In my opinion, the Bills O-line performance vs. St. Louis was the difference between winning and losing. So if it was poor against the Rams, it will be just as bad if not worse at the Toronto Seahawks stadium.

While the Rams have a very good front seven themselves and I'm not surprised they gave our OLine fits, Seattle is that much better. And while I'm hoping that Sam Young and David Snow will benefit from another week of preparation and experience, I'm not hopeful against such a good defensive team like Seattle.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I really beleive Spiller's ypc will go down without Freddy. He will be missed. We would of lost this game with or without him anyways. I am just hoping the O-line can play a little better. If Choice gets more carries then Spiller Chan should be fired on the spot. I have supported Chan the last 2 years as i thought this team was making progress, but it isn't (even with better players) He needs to trust his players more and take some F'n chances. What do we have to lose,,,,,, maybe Gailey and that would b an improvement!

We don't know if Chan's fate is sealed yet. Buddy hinted a few weeks ago that Chan was safe but has a "no comment" now when asked. Make no mistake, this is a big game for Chan Gailey and this staff. Any game vs. a team with a winning record is a big game for Chan.

someone made an interesting point on the Seattle board about the refereeing for this game. If there was ever a situation where the league office wanted to favor a team this is it. Seattle has a huge Sunday nighter next week at home vs. San Fran. A Seahawks win over the Bills would set up a really important game in the NFC West race and the league wants nothing more than a good storyline. Since people normally b*tch and moan about the refing against the Bills, it will be interesting to see how the refs officiate this game. It ALWAYS seems like one side gets some calls that infuriate the other side.

How can we forget Tom Brady getting some absurd PI calls to set up 2 gift TD's and some timely holding calls against our offense. Or Andrew Luck granted one second on the clock when the clock showed :00 after the refs signaled to stop it.

Edited by zow2

So how come when the Pats beat a team and put up over 50 points in a win its all about how horrible they and BB are for "running up the score", yet when someone else like the Seahawks beat a team 58-0 (after already ebing up by 30 at halftime), its just about how bad the Cardinals are?

Because Bellycheat is the devil and Marcia is his B word.

Seattle Times today is reporting that Sidney Rice is hurt and questionable for Sunday. Let's hope he sits. Every game Russell Wilson completes a couple of long passes that Sidney Rice jumps up and pulls the ball out of the air. Would be nice if we don't have to deal with this.

Sherman is out on suspension as well.

We usually pummel these guys.

Go BILLS !!

Before we start working on the Wilson bust, can't we at least let him play a few years first? I seem to recall another 3rd rounder that started as a rookie and looked great only to crash and burn.

Not this kid, he's got that inner fire/ethic thing that will not accept less. Won't happen. I think him nearing/breaking Peyton's rookie record for TD's puts him in pretty lofty company and deserves recognition no matter what he does in 2 years.

Seahawks are the first "real" nfl team our defense has gone up against since they decided to play football or Marios surgery and his mental state has improved.

Good test of them.

Our offense will get pummelled (is that a word ?).

Tavaris dresses the next week., why the hell not at that point.

Edited by 3rdand12

So how come when the Pats beat a team and put up over 50 points in a win its all about how horrible they and BB are for "running up the score", yet when someone else like the Seahawks beat a team 58-0 (after already ebing up by 30 at halftime), its just about how bad the Cardinals are?

Considering most of those TDs were scored by the DEFENSE I'm not sure its the same as leaving Tommy in the game when they're up 40 and still calling pass plays.

Or did you not notice Flynn playing when the game got out of hand?

As bad as we all think we are the Cardinals are 3X worse.

PTR

If Jay Feeley could have made a 30-yard field goal after having made a 62-yard field goal, the Bills wouldn't have won that game in Arizona. The Bills have one more win than the Cardinals do. I wouldn't say they are three times worse. They're looking for a quarterback just like the Bills are. The one shot the Bills have in this game is that I don't think Sidney Rice will be able to play. Can anyone name the other Seattle receivers? Are Bobby Ingram, Koren Robinson, Darrell Jackson, and T.J. Houshmanzadeh still there?