Chargers announce Norv Turner will be fired at end of season

Alphadawg7

Dont have a link yet, but I just got the text message from bleacher report siting San Diego Tribune as the source.

Why not just fire him now though...seems a bit silly to wait until end of season if they already announced he is to be fired.

Updated: AJ Smith too...links below in other posts.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont have a link yet, but I just got the text message from bleacher report siting San Diego Tribune as the source.

Why not just fire him now though...seems a bit silly to wait until end of season if they already announced he is to be fired.

A.J. Smith as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106869/article/norv-turner-aj-smith-reportedly-out-for-chargers-at-seasons-end?campaign=Twitter_atl

Updated: AJ Smith too...links below in other posts.

it doesn't sound like its been announced

The only way this could effect us, I think, is if Phillip Rivers somehow became accessible to trade. Despite the fact that new coaches and GM's usually look to select a new QB, new schemes, etc., Rivers might be too good to fall into that trend. However, if he were available, he'd give us an excellent QB for another 4 or 5 years. If Nix isn't going to go all in on getting a truly elite college QB, then I'd be happy with a move like that - just get us a talented QB!

The only way this could effect us, I think, is if Phillip Rivers somehow became accessible to trade. Despite the fact that new coaches and GM's usually look to select a new QB, new schemes, etc., Rivers might be too good to fall into that trend. However, if he were available, he'd give us an excellent QB for another 4 or 5 years. If Nix isn't going to go all in on getting a truly elite college QB, then I'd be happy with a move like that - just get us a talented QB!

I'm curious. Which college QB in this years draft is "elite".

PTR

Man, that sounds like a longshot but that would be beautiful.

PTR

none. but wilson can play, glennon can play, and there are about 5 more better than we have right now. i might even include that usc guy, though i absolutely hate usc QBs. california, not south carolina ;) - but if we can get rivers for lets say a 2nd, that would be better than any coming out next draft

PTR

Im curious...which of these QB's were Elite prospects coming out of college...Montana, Brady, Warner, etc.

Geezus, PTR you just do everything you can to find a way to not draft a QB and keep your beloved Fitz. I have news for you, the Bills will NEVER get a shot at an ELITE QB prospect (which is just a media and fan term because it means very little...see Ryan Leaf and a host of other ELITE prospects) unless they draft in the top 5 at the very min. ELITE QB prospects get drafted #1 overall and in the top 5. They dont fall to 15th in the draft. Great and Elite NFL players have fallen in the draft, but they were not ELITE status going into the draft like RG3 and Luck were.

But guess what...they do not have to be a QB graded to be an ELITE prospect to develop into a top NFL QB. And guess what else...if we drafted a QB who ended up being a good QB and not Elite, that would still be a large upgrade over Fitz who is not a good QB.