Worst NFL Holiday Gift Ever

Many of us remember a recent season ticket renewal reminder sent out by the Bills which featured a photo of Brian Moorman punting out of his own end zone in an unfortunately unforgettable 6-3 loss to the Cleveland Browns.

Speaking of the Browns, less than two weeks ago at the 11th hour, they cancelled a "White Flag Event" in which every customer through the turnstile would be given a white flag to wave during the home game against the Steelers. Yes, the white flag, the universal sign of surrender. While the giveaway was cancelled, team execs had initially signed off on the idea, and actually ordered and purchased the tens of thousands of flags. Presumably they'll be sold in some 3rd world country as shop rags or some such purpose.

Not to be outdone, perhaps the only franchise more inept than the Bills and Browns, the Detroit Lions just made available the worst NFL Calendar ever produced:

1. Titus Young is on the cover. Yes, Young, the second-year receiver who was just ordered to go home and not come back for repeated insubordination, is the person the makers of this calendar thought Lions fans would want on the cover. Not Matthew Stafford or Calvin Johnson.

Titus Young. Really.

2. Open the calendar to the first month, and whose picture do you see to go along with January? Aaron Berry. The cornerback who was arrested twice during the offseason and cut by the Lions in July.

3. Other months have pictures of receiver Nate Burleson (whose future in Detroit is in doubt after a season-ending leg injury), defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch (who’s 34 years old and not playing up to his contract and looks like a potential cap casualty), and running back Jahvid Best (whose repeated concussions call into question whether he’ll ever play again). Those are definitely the guys Lions fans are going to want to be thinking about in 2013.

4. The company selling the calendar boasts that it contains information about the Lions’ “Super Bowl History and more.” One problem: The Lions have never been to the Super Bowl. Apparently the Super Bowl history section will be devoted to the Super Bowls the Lions didn’t play in (all of them) or maybe the Super Bowls that were played on the Lions’ home field. (Did you know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit? The people who made this calendar probably didn’t.)

5. The calendar includes the 2012 schedule. Very helpful in 2013."

http://profootballta...iday-gift-ever/

So yes, for Bills fans it could actually be worse.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I look forward to the Bills calender with Maybin on the cover and headlined by Aaron Williams, Justin Rodgers, Chris Kelsay and Kelvin Sheppard.

Of course the calender won't need the months of January and February since those don't exist for this team.

It will sell dozens.

Edited by Bangarang

Many of us remember a recent season ticket renewal reminder sent out by the Bills which featured a photo of Brian Moorman punting out of his own end zone in an unfortunately unforgettable 6-3 loss to the Cleveland Browns.

Speaking of the Browns, less than two weeks ago at the 11th hour, they cancelled a "White Flag Event" in which every customer through the turnstile would be given a white flag to wave during the home game against the Steelers. Yes, the white flag, the universal sign of surrender. While the giveaway was cancelled, team execs had initially signed off on the idea, and actually ordered and purchased the tens of thousands of flags. Presumably they'll be sold in some 3rd world country as shop rags or some such purpose.

Not to be outdone, perhaps the only franchise more inept than the Bills and Browns, the Detroit Lions just made available the worst NFL Calendar ever produced:

1. Titus Young is on the cover. Yes, Young, the second-year receiver who was just ordered to go home and not come back for repeated insubordination, is the person the makers of this calendar thought Lions fans would want on the cover. Not Matthew Stafford or Calvin Johnson.

Titus Young. Really.

2. Open the calendar to the first month, and whose picture do you see to go along with January? Aaron Berry. The cornerback who was arrested twice during the offseason and cut by the Lions in July.

3. Other months have pictures of receiver Nate Burleson (whose future in Detroit is in doubt after a season-ending leg injury), defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch (who’s 34 years old and not playing up to his contract and looks like a potential cap casualty), and running back Jahvid Best (whose repeated concussions call into question whether he’ll ever play again). Those are definitely the guys Lions fans are going to want to be thinking about in 2013.

4. The company selling the calendar boasts that it contains information about the Lions’ “Super Bowl History and more.” One problem: The Lions have never been to the Super Bowl. Apparently the Super Bowl history section will be devoted to the Super Bowls the Lions didn’t play in (all of them) or maybe the Super Bowls that were played on the Lions’ home field. (Did you know that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit? The people who made this calendar probably didn’t.)

lmfao

The Lions are a terminal mess.

It really makes you wonder.

Is it total incompetence or is it incredible cheapskatedness?

I think it's safe to say that the thing was produced well ahead of time. But even if you give the Lions that excuse, there's no excuse for having a section on the "Lions' Super Bowl history" when they've never been to the Super Bowl.

And why would they include the 2012 schedule in a 2013 Calendar?

Someone named Ford rubber stamped this. I'm sure there must have been people in the organization who said "we can't put this out there" but those people were overruled by someone who said, "ah what the hell does it matter?"

A total organizational fail.

I look forward to the Bills calender with Maybin on the cover and headlined by Aaron Williams, Justin Rodgers, Chris Kelsay and Kelvin Sheppard.

Of course the calender won't need the months of January and February since those don't exist for this team.

It will sell dozens.

:lol:

It really makes you wonder.

Is it total incompetence or is it incredible cheapskatedness?

I think it's safe to say that the thing was produced well ahead of time. But even if you give the Lions that excuse, there's no excuse for having a section on the "Lions' Super Bowl history" when they've never been to the Super Bowl.

And why would they include the 2012 schedule in a 2013 Calendar?

Someone named Ford rubber stamped this. I'm sure there must have been people in the organization who said "we can't put this out there" but those people were overruled by someone who said, "ah what the hell does it matter?"

A total organizational fail.

Im still buying it for you for X-Mas. Your not getting out of this Edited by mrags

I know what my worst NFL gift was...after watching my younger brother open a Buffalo Bills rain poncho, I was excited to open mine. That is until I opened it and found it to be red in color, turned it around and it was a 49er poncho!!! What was my mom thinking?? By the way, that was about 40 years ago.

A few years back Tops had some Bills bobble heads for sale. My dad got me a Coy Wire and Drew Bledsoe...except he actually bought 2 Coy Wire's. I still have them on a shelf, makes me laugh everytime I see them.

Im still buying it for you for X-Mas. Your not getting out of this

That calendar is the gift that keeps on giving...the whole year through.

Throw in a Whammy and a pack of Christie's Kickers and SanJose will be a happy boy.

Titus Young. Really.

This is amazing. I feel like our organization is elite now. Brightens my day.