Racist Sorrority Pic

section122

So I was on Yahoo for fantasy football and the #1 trending topic is racist sorority pic. Needless to say I had to click on that link. What I came across was appalling.

here is the link since I can't embed the pic.

I am appalled people got upset over this. It's a freaking party. This is what America gets upset about now? A bunch of college kids having fun? What in the world is so upsetting about this? Oh no it perpetuates stereotypes of Mexicans mowing lawns and smoking weed (?!) Is that even a stereotype?

Worse yet is it is Penn St. Are they going to overreact to everything now to try and prove how they have changed? Child molestation is abhorrent. This is not child molestation. It isn't in the same neighborhood, zip code, area code, or even map.

What happened to our society? :wallbash:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was on Yahoo for fantasy football and the #1 trending topic is racist sorority pic. Needless to say I had to click on that link. What I came across was appalling.

here is the link since I can't embed the pic.

I am appalled people got upset over this. It's a freaking party. This is what America gets upset about now? A bunch of college kids having fun? What in the world is so upsetting about this? Oh no it perpetuates stereotypes of Mexicans mowing lawns and smoking weed (?!) Is that even a stereotype?

Worse yet is it is Penn St. Are they going to overreact to everything now to try and prove how they have changed? Child molestation is abhorrent. This is not child molestation. It isn't in the same neighborhood, zip code, area code, or even map.

What happened to our society? :wallbash:

yahoo always "hypes" everything to make people click on them. this is another dumb one.....lot o hot girls at this "mexican party"

someones just mad they weren't invited.

yahoo always "hypes" everything to make people click on them. this is another dumb one.....lot o hot girls at this "mexican party"

someones just mad they weren't invited.

Lot of hotties there. That was my only takeaway. That and people need to stop being such :censored: p*ssies

I thought it was kind of funny.

Granted I'm Italian and not Mexican but I can say with 100% certainty if it was a photo of hot girls all dressed up like traditional Italian sterotypes with signs talking about the mafia and spaghetti I would be equally amused.

People in our society definitely need to chill the f' out and see things like this for the silliness they truly are.

Well, all I can say is none of the mofos objecting to that display better be caught wearing green on St. Paddy's day and spending the afternoon &/or evening a bar drinking Guiness or some green colored crap beer.

Somehow, wearing team colors and partaking in a drink specific to a culture doesn't seem as controversial as "I don't mow grass I smoke it" or "will mow lawn for weed and beer"...one of those false equivalancies...

Edited by Buftex

Somehow, wearing team colors and partaking in a drink specific to a culture doesn't seem as controversial as "I don't mow grass I smoke it" or "will mow lawn for weed and beer"...one of those false equivalancies...

Shall we go into all the negative stereotypes Italians have to put up with?

No, no. That's different. Because Italians really do belong to the mafia and drink wine and eat braciole and stuff dead bodies in trunks. So those aren't stereotypes if they're real.

Whereas Mexicans never mow grass, smoke dope, have a moustache, wear a sombrero. That's folklore.

Nah...those could be offensive too...it is sort of the same thing...if you are Italian (I don't know), but it is fathomable that you might find some of those stereotypes offensive...

Why would a Mexican person be upset about a party some college girls had? You mean because they weren't invited?

Party foul! :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex