Sunday vs Rams Sold Out

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also throws a party for Bills fans in Miami prior to the game down there. Good for him and the Bills.

I think he stopped doing that some years ago. I can't remember exactly why, but I think he got snubbed or felt mistreated at the last party he had there. Might have even been something a Miami columnist wrote bashing Buffalo.

I just got the text from the Bills.

That does it. I'm going to make a point of going to "Russells Steaks Chops, and more"!

thanks russ salvatore....

he's such a smart businessman....

#1- the amount of "free" branding/name recognition he gets from doing this is pure genius.

#2- expect to see alot of Russ Steaks Chops & more advertising on TV during the game.

Good for Russ. He's a true supporter of this community. I can tell you that Russell's Steaks, Chops and More (Not to be confused with Salvatore's Italian Gardens which his son owns) is a fantastic restaurant that is truly one of the top steak houses in WNY.

Wow! A disappointing underachieving tiny market team about to register its 13th straight non-playoff year sells out against one of the worst teams over the past years. This is the kind of thing that will make the owners think twice before authorizing any move of the franchise.

Expecially considering a team like Tampa has had 18 of their last 21 games blacked out, and they only have to reach the 85% threshhold. Edited by Carey Bender

Good for Russ. He's a true supporter of this community. I can tell you that Russell's Steaks, Chops and More (Not to be confused with Salvatore's Italian Gardens which his son owns) is a fantastic restaurant that is truly one of the top steak houses in WNY.

Not to mention that Russ has nothing to do with Salvatore's anymore and created Russell's Steaks and the Hotel out of spite for the current Salvatore's owners (which I'm pretty sure is his ex-Wife that owns it, not his son). My good friend (Russ's grandson) runs Russell's, it's awesome. He also owns the new place YOLO down the street a bit with his brother, it's also a very nice Martini bar type place.

Edited by Mark80

Wow! A disappointing underachieving tiny market team about to register its 13th straight non-playoff year sells out against one of the worst teams over the past years. This is the kind of thing that will make the owners think twice before authorizing any move of the franchise.

Times might be tough, and money scarce in WNY, but Bills fans will go to games if there is some hope...but keep in mind, this was sold out because a good samaritan (Russ Salvatore) came in and purchased the remaining tickets. I will make it a point to go to his resteraunt when I go home for Christmas...

Wow, talk about smoke and mirrors. I heard that it sold out on radio and thought, No F-in way did 15,000+ people buy tickets in the past few days. Nice to hear a local businessman stepped up. There will still be large swaths of empty seats, especially if it rains again.

Just to answer a question that was posted on this board regarding the Shooters Party in Ft Lauderdale. Russ for years held the party then rumors had it that he had a falling out with his son which in turn decided to stop throwing the party. Joe Mesi then continued this tradition however it was open to the public, it was not open bar and some of the proceeds went to charity. Last year Russ took over the party once again and it was a open bar and you needed a ticket to get in. Hope to see most of you down here on the 23rd

Just to answer a question that was posted on this board regarding the Shooters Party in Ft Lauderdale. Russ for years held the party then rumors had it that he had a falling out with his son which in turn decided to stop throwing the party. Joe Mesi then continued this tradition however it was open to the public, it was not open bar and some of the proceeds went to charity. Last year Russ took over the party once again and it was a open bar and you needed a ticket to get in. Hope to see most of you down here on the 23rd

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Not to mention that Russ has nothing to do with Salvatore's anymore and created Russell's Steaks and the Hotel out of spite for the current Salvatore's owners (which I'm pretty sure is his ex-Wife that owns it, not his son). My good friend (Russ's grandson) runs Russell's, it's awesome. He also owns the new place YOLO down the street a bit with his brother, it's also a very nice Martini bar type place.

From Salvatore's website...

Joe Salvatore purchased the family business from his father in 2003, and now along with his wife Paula and their three children, Josette, Russell and Nicholas they handle the day to day operations.

Regardless, I have not been to Salvatore's since ownership changed and we are now regulars at Russell's