Fitz Over/Under 30 pass attempts win loss record

papazoid

How you don't understand that our D was getting blown up because Fitz kept turning the ball over and going 3 and out or failing to sustain drives is beyond me.

Whas funny is anyone can easily say... How do you no understand that Chan is making Fitz throw too much and that's what causes the turnovers because he puts Fitz into 3rd and 5 type situations because of his playcalling and continuously leaves the offense handcuffed by not having Spiller or Jackson in the game and makes Fitz pass from empty backfield sets.

So you see, the defense sucks because Fitz turns the ball over, turns it over in downs, and doesn't sustain drives. Fitz sucks because Chan calls the plays and personnel to be on the field and constantly limits what the offense can do because of this. get rid of Gailey and our sub par QB will be better and in turn our defense will be better.

Waaalaaa. Crisis fixed.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you don't understand that our D was getting blown up because Fitz kept turning the ball over and going 3 and out or failing to sustain drives is beyond me.

If you think our defense wasn't playing awful before the last two weeks, I don't know what to say. The Titans put up 35 and were stopped once in the first half. Not easy to run on 3rd and 8 when that's happening.

Don't misread me, I did not say you can't win games without an elite QB. There are only about 6 or so "elite" QB's. I just said the Bills are less likely to win when they pass more than teams with good QB's would be. They are more likely to win with a running game and well timed play action throws due to Fitz's weak, innacurate arm. More passing for the Bills = more losing. You have to play to your strengths.

I thought you disagreeing with me at first, I totally agree. Especially because the runs allow the pass to catch defenses cheating, where dropped balls and bad throws are a little less risky. But the fact remains, you do have to throw more when you're down or can't stop the opposing offense. That makes the difference between a shoot out and a blow out.

Edited by FireChan

heard on the radio on the way to game today...

when Fitz attempts 30 or more passes a game, the Bills are 5-21 win loss record.

when Fitz attempts under 30 passes a game, the Bills are 10-4 win loss record.

fitz's pass attempts today.....17.....the bills are now 11-4 when under 30 attempts.

this should be tattooed to Chan's arm.

I don't hate Fitzpatrick for being mediocre. I hate Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix for continuing to pretend he isn't mediocre.

:worthy:

wow, you really do believe the crap you post don't you? To blame the defense problems on the QB when he is putting up those points? :wallbash:

Classic correlation/causation fallacy. We didn't need to throw cause we weren't down 3 TD's this game. Obviously, games where our defense is getting blown up, we're going to need to throw more to catch up. How people don't understand that is beyond me.

Correct. But do you really expect people here to be able to put statistics in context?

It's amazing aint it? It means 2 things. We pass less and run more. Of course we win. By running more we limit Fitz' bad play and bad decisions.

Many if us have been yelling atop mountains about this for 3 years now or possibly longer. But, Chan still doesn't get it.

Which brings us to facts over stats.

Passing yardage may look great BUT it has a hidden meaning. 1) Many teams with lots of passing yards do it because they have to play catch up and often play against the prevent Defense. 2) The team lacks in the running game and more often than not loses early in the playofs.

what's bothersome .....

Where was this Bills D 3 weeks ago!!! They are rounding into shape a tad too late.

Flaco = elite is like saying Sanchez was very good.

So you see, the defense sucks because Fitz turns the ball over, turns it over in downs, and doesn't sustain drives. Fitz sucks because Chan calls the plays and personnel to be on the field and constantly limits what the offense can do because of this. get rid of Gailey and our sub par QB will be better and in turn our defense will be better.

Waaalaaa. Crisis fixed.

The D sucked because they were adapting to a newer scheme and maybe just maybe Mario's wrist really did bother him. IIRC he's lamost matched his sack total of 8 games in the last 3. 4.5 to 5.

He's 8th in the league. If he had 1 more sack he'd rank 4th!

Which brings us to facts over stats.

Passing yardage may look great BUT it has a hidden meaning. 1) Many teams with lots of passing yards do it because they have to play catch up and often play against the prevent Defense. 2) The team lacks in the running game and more often than not loses early in the playofs.

what's bothersome .....

Where was this Bills D 3 weeks ago!!! They are rounding into shape a tad too late.

Flaco = elite is like saying Sanchez was very good.

The D sucked because they were adapting to a newer scheme and maybe just maybe Mario's wrist really did bother him. IIRC he's lamost matched his sack total of 8 games in the last 3. 4.5 to 5.

You didn't understand my point about the defense sucking and Fitz sucking because of Chan I see. It was a half @$$ed attempt to be sarcastic and serious at the same time. I was simply putting it out there got all the "Fitz sucks, we can't go anywhere without an elite QB" and "Defenses don't win championships anymore, we need an elite QB" crowds. Basically if we get a new coach, Fitz plays better and the defense plays better. And "VIOLA" We are better. Edited by mrags

You're exactly right, Alphadawg7, I don't understand this. Furthermore I assert that for the most part, analysis of the facts doesn't support this theory.

There were some occasions (Jets game for example) where Fitz was a pick-o-matic. I will give the D a pass on those. They were put in lousy field position.

Barring INTs, though, the D always has its fate in its own hands, even if the O goes 3 and out. Time after time, our D has gotten 3rd and long - and allowed the other team to convert and keep them on the field, getting winded. If they stood tough, they just wouldn't be on the field that long. The Patriots games were classic examples of this.

If you score the games of winning teams, or even just look through the box scores, you'll see they all have multiple patches of 3-and-out. The difference is their D keeps handing them the ball back until they get something going. This was true of the K-gun offense also, by the way. They also would have repetitive 3 and outs, then finally get something going and fly down the field to score so quickly their D never got much rest.

All that said, Chan's play calling on 3rd and short has been atrocious, just atrocious. And we've gone 3 and out far too much on O. But we've also failed to go 3 and out far too much on D, and sorry, that's independent of the O for the most part (barring turnovers)

Don't bring that up. It's blasphemy here.

It's not blasphemy, it's just incorrect. Why people can't understand that a D that stays on the field and gives up back to back to back length of the field drives because they can't get a stop on 3rd and long has no one but itself to blame, is a mystery to me - well I guess it's not, either never played football or not much depth to the knowledge of the game.

what's bothersome .....

they got better without Kelsay....and a healthy Super Mario is earning his nickname....

they got better without Kelsay....and a healthy Super Mario is earning his nickname....

Funny I seem to recall they started to get better when Kelsay was put back in after Anderson got hurt.

chillax Mags. I caught your half assed attempt to be sarcastic and serious. And Fitz does suck when he's throwing to win a game. Need proof?

Can we rewind to Tenny - "He had a bad throw at the end. Other than that, he played really, really well," Gailey said. :rolleyes::bag: "If you get rid of all the quarterbacks for one bad throw, you're not going to have any quarterbacks left.",

vs NE - R.Fitzpatrick pass deep right intended for T.Graham INTERCEPTED by D.McCourty and, Let me add a quote I didn't hear but I'm sure was said Other than that, he played really, really well,"

and vs Indy - R.Fitzpatrick pass short left intended for St.Johnson INTERCEPTED by T.Zbikowski at IND 24 late in the 4th. Again let me add a quote I didn't hear but I'm sure was said Other than that, he played really, really well,"

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

We won the game yesterday because we stuck to the run. We were down in the 2nd Q and continued to run it. it was 17-10 at half and we continued to run it. One drive was all fred jax with one pass and then some spiller and we pulled away.

If we are down we need to run

if we are ahead we need to run

Hopefully chan has figured it out bc most fans did over 20 games ago.