Fitz Over/Under 30 pass attempts win loss record

papazoid

heard on the radio on the way to game today...

when Fitz attempts 30 or more passes a game, the Bills are 5-21 win loss record.

when Fitz attempts under 30 passes a game, the Bills are 10-4 win loss record.

fitz's pass attempts today.....17.....the bills are now 11-4 when under 30 attempts.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing aint it? It means 2 things. We pass less and run more. Of course we win. By running more we limit Fitz' bad play and bad decisions.

Many if us have been yelling atop mountains about this for 3 years now or possibly longer. But, Chan still doesn't get it.

Fitz is horrible and the less he is in the gameplan the better. I think it is apparent to everyone that this team is a top 15 qb from being a playoff team and especially now that the defense has found their stride it is more apparent. Its a shame that marios wrist was actually a problem at first because he has been an animal as of late.

It's amazing aint it? It means 2 things. We pass less and run more. Of course we win. By running more we limit Fitz' bad play and bad decisions.

Many if us have been yelling atop mountains about this for 3 years now or possibly longer. But, Chan still doesn't get it.

heard on the radio on the way to game today...

when Fitz attempts 30 or more passes a game, the Bills are 5-21 win loss record.

when Fitz attempts under 30 passes a game, the Bills are 10-4 win loss record.

fitz's pass attempts today.....17.....the bills are now 11-4 when under 30 attempts.

Classic correlation/causation fallacy. We didn't need to throw cause we weren't down 3 TD's this game. Obviously, games where our defense is getting blown up, we're going to need to throw more to catch up. How people don't understand that is beyond me.

Fitz is horrible and the less he is in the gameplan the better. I think it is apparent to everyone that this team is a top 15 qb from being a playoff team and especially now that the defense has found their stride it is more apparent. Its a shame that marios wrist was actually a problem at first because he has been an animal as of late.

Losman was horrible Edwards was horrible, Brohm, Bledsoe towards the end was horrible, Fitz isn't horrible. He is not Brady, or Rodgers or Manning but he is not horrible either. He's average, you get average play from an average player. Some passes are good and some are bad, some decisions are good and some are bad. Why expect all world play from an average player and then bemoan him and trash him when he plays average? I don't get it, you people baffle me.

Edited by FreakPop

Losman was horrible Edwards was horrible, Brohm, Bledsoe towards the end was horrible, Fitz isn't horrible. He is not Brady, or Rodgers or Manning but he is not horrible either. He's average, you get average play from an average player. Some passes are good and some are bad, some decisions are good and some are bad. Why expect all world play from an average player and then bemoan him and trash him when he plays average? I don't get it, you people baffle me.

I don't hate Fitzpatrick for being mediocre. I hate Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix for continuing to pretend he isn't mediocre.

Agreed I am in Baltimore and the sports talk radio was going wild tonight with fan calls about how Flacco is mediocre at best and cost the Ravens this game against the Steelers. There are a very small number of elite QBs and the rest of the league has guys who the fans moan about when they lose.

Classic correlation/causation fallacy. We didn't need to throw cause we weren't down 3 TD's this game. Obviously, games where our defense is getting blown up, we're going to need to throw more to catch up. How people don't understand that is beyond me.

It's no fallacy. This is no longer a running league. The defensive rules make the risk/reward factor trend toward passing. It is more difficult than ever to stop teams from passing and keep games close. You no longer need an elite defense to win, an above average/elite QB will get you there. The Bills do not have an elite D, and they fall behind. They get further behind due to their below average QB. More passes from your below average QB = more int's, incompletions due to his innacuracy, and failed drives. In games against other below average QB's/bad teams, we can run and keep it close. Call it what you want, but winning consistently requires good passing offense, which the Bills do not have the necessary ingredients to produce. We need a better QB, or a ridiculously good top 5 type D. Is it harder to assemble an excellent defense, or find one high rent district passer?

They've left themselves with no viable option. They aren't pretending. They know he's all they've got.

But they don't have to rely on him so heavily. Again, with such a strong running game, there's no reason for it. More of CJ and Fred and less of Fitz would have us in the middle of the playoff hunt right now.

Great point - classic failure by posters to agree with reality.

Agreed I am in Baltimore and the sports talk radio was going wild tonight with fan calls about how Flacco is mediocre at best and cost the Ravens this game against the Steelers. There are a very small number of elite QBs and the rest of the league has guys who the fans moan about when they lose.

I love the Ravens, but their fans are spoiled. Flacco is not top 5, but he is clearly 2nd tier. Not Manning, Rodgers, or Brady, but way above mediocre. They were also playing against the number one defense in football, and the Ravens D is without several starters. It was another close type game and he fumbled. It happens. Boy, would we love to have the Ravens problems. I guess it gets frustrating when you're always chasing the heels of the Pats and you have to play PIT twice a year. Would NE have gone to as many SB's if they played somewhere other than the QB challenged AFC east? Flacco may never be elite, but I bet the Bills wish they had drafted him instead of the great Leodis McKelvin.