Fitz Over/Under 30 pass attempts win loss record

papazoid

Classic correlation/causation fallacy. We didn't need to throw cause we weren't down 3 TD's this game. Obviously, games where our defense is getting blown up, we're going to need to throw more to catch up. How people don't understand that is beyond me.

Overall, I agree with this..but in the case of the Buffalo Bills, I would bet that there are probable about 6-8 games that were lost in the Gailey era, where passing when it wasn't necessary, or advisable, cost the team wins...they were not down by three touchdowns in a lot of these losses, but failed, simply, to run the ball at the appropriate times, and run time off the clock. So, while what you are saying is generally true, it is not true in every case with the Gailey era Bills. Poor clock management (throwing incomplete passes to lengthen games where victory is in the teams grasp, where a few runs would have been much smarter) has killed the Bills numerous times with Chan at the helm.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll break this down, because my other champion of logic and comprehension has given up arguing with this logic.

A. The topic was about Ryan Fitzpatrick. He didn't fumble the ball, it was Fred. So blame him for the defensive stamina.

B. The interception was after we were down 21 points. I'd say that's a good time to take some risks throwing the ball. So I'm absolving Fitz of the blame there. Even if it wasn't picked off, and it was a 50 yard touchdown, the defense would still be "gassed." Obviously we shouldn't be trying to score because our defense is tired.

C. Has it ever occurred to you that had the defense held them to a three and out, or god forbid, gotten a takeaway like the two they dropped in the first quarter, they could've gotten off the field? Hold them on 3rd down and we don't have this problem. Momentum is a powerful thing, as well as field position. Picks and fumbles can set us up for scoring drives, allowing more time to rest.

So instead of allowing a 30 yard run every play because they are too "tired" after halftime doesn't equate to it being the offenses fault.

When you go from 28-7 to 35-52 and two 100 yard rushers in 20 minutes of play, it's pretty easy to point the finger.

Yes it is easy. However you are not getting my point, obviously, which is that yes, the defense's job is to get off the field but the offense does play a part in a defense becoming gassed.

I don't know...I'm a head coach and offensive coordinator for a successful high school team. I see value in a sustained drive beyond yards and TDs. I see it as a chance to give my defense a rest as well, especially if they have been on the field a lot. That's been my position from day one.

Yes it is easy. However you are not getting my point, obviously, which is that yes, the defense's job is to get off the field but the offense does play a part in a defense becoming gassed.

I don't know...I'm a head coach and offensive coordinator for a successful high school team. I see value in a sustained drive beyond yards and TDs. I see it as a chance to give my defense a rest as well, especially if they have been on the field a lot. That's been my position from day one.

Listen, I do understand that the defense needs time to rest, and letting them rest is important. However they are authors of their own fate, more than the offense in my opinion. Obviously there are going to be drives where the offense scores very quickly, or goes 3 and out very quickly. Our defense can not be gassed after that happens twice. That's unacceptable for this level of play.

Look at the Jets Cardinals game. It was 3 and out galore, but at least when Sanchez threw a pick, the Jets D got off the field by forcing another one.

To be quite honest, I don't even think the defense got tired in those games, I think they lost heart. Actually gave up on it. And I blame Wannstedt for that game and the 49ers game in their entirety. They may have been losses, but they didn't need to be blowouts if we had adjusted our scheme at all. He watched his defense collapse from the booth and froze in shock, like a bad horror movie.

Listen, I do understand that the defense needs time to rest, and letting them rest is important. However they are authors of their own fate, more than the offense in my opinion. Obviously there are going to be drives where the offense scores very quickly, or goes 3 and out very quickly. Our defense can not be gassed after that happens twice. That's unacceptable for this level of play.

Look at the Jets Cardinals game. It was 3 and out galore, but at least when Sanchez threw a pick, the Jets D got off the field by forcing another one.

To be quite honest, I don't even think the defense got tired in those games, I think they lost heart. Actually gave up on it. And I blame Wannstedt for that game and the 49ers game in their entirety. They may have been losses, but they didn't need to be blowouts if we had adjusted our scheme at all. He watched his defense collapse from the booth and froze in shock, like a bad horror movie.

I don't disagree with anything you have said. My only argument is that the offense needs to respond with sustained drives. That doesn't absolve the defense at all. They have to do their job. However, the offense can aid the situation by staying on the field. That's all I am saying.

Fitz attempted 33 passes...

bills now 5 - 22 when over 30 attempts....

CJ had 8 touches...

Freddy had 14 touches....

Chan is only outsmarting himself......

No!!! Chans just a RETARD!!!

Not arguing with the numbers or your point but he was 25-33, 247 yards 1 TD, 1 INT. I can't say he wouldn't have thrown a pick if it wasn't for them being behind but it's not like his numbers weren't good.

Either way, I blame Chan.

Fitz is horrible and the less he is in the gameplan the better. I think it is apparent to everyone that this team is a top 15 qb from being a playoff team and especially now that the defense has found their stride it is more apparent. Its a shame that marios wrist was actually a problem at first because he has been an animal as of late.

Fitz is a top 15 quarterback and the problem is Chan is are coach and has to be 31 or 32nd in coaching !