Report: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead after killing girlf

papazoid

I now have a lot of respect now for Brady Quinn, I saw that last night and he really made sense. What I didn't know until after the game yesterday was what actually happened at Arrowhead. I can't imagine how that's going to linger with the people that had to bear witness (Crennel & Pioli), not to mention his own mother back home who saw him commit the murder. This is just a terrible thing in every way.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would he be a schmuck if he agree with your opinion? That's the beautiful thing about America. People can freely express their opinions. The sad part is that people can't discuss different opinions without getting angry or calling names.

If Jevan Belcher didn't posses a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

Really?? Tell that to Nicole Simpson's family or anyone else who knows someone killed in a crime of passion with anything other than a gun. What a !@#$ing idiot!

Really?? Tell that to Nicole Simpson's family or anyone else who knows someone killed in a crime of passion with anything other than a gun. What a !@#$ing idiot!

i hate the sentiment of turning it into a gun control issue - but belcher was precisely the type of person you hope that friends or family would take a gun from. Possible brain damage, possible dependency on booze/pills, and a volatile relationship.... while theres no promise taking a gun out of the situation saves anyone, its also entirely possible that he hits her a few times and walks away without such a final solution in his hands.

im not saying that big brother should come take everyones guns but you always hope an actual friend or brother would have been able to identify this as a potentially explosive situation and remove that game changer in advance.

Although I think hes so far off base on the gun control thing, its comical, hes not a schmuck for stating his opinion, no matter how ill-informed, hypocritical and naive it is.

Hes a schmuck because of the time and place he chose to state it.

Do explain...

Do explain...

You think a diatribe on gun control on National TV less than two days after the event before...literally...the bodies had a chance to get cold let alone the facts of the case come to light is the right time?

I do not, sir.

You think a diatribe on gun control on National TV less than two days after the event before...literally...the bodies had a chance to get cold let alone the facts of the case come to light is the right time?

I do not, sir.

Costas has always been a douche. I hated him on Inside the NFL. I think he was born without testicles.

Of course that's just my take & I'm one of those heartless bastards who doesn't cry a river for a guy that murders his girlfriend & leaves his kid without parents.

Costas has always been a douche. I hated him on Inside the NFL. I think he was born without testicles.

Of course that's just my take & I'm one of those heartless bastards who doesn't cry a river for a guy that murders his girlfriend & leaves his kid without parents.

How much you want to !@#$ing bet that ole d-kless (Costas, not DC Tom) and Whitlock (who !@#$ing HAD TO bring race into the discussion....!@#$ing hack one trick pony) shuts their yaps once it comes to light that the sport they cash their fat paycheck's on.... football's and the NFL's...record of NON-action on concussions had something to do with this kid's mental state?

Edited by RkFast

What did Whitlock say? He probably knows him from his time in KC.

I think Whitlock is very good on race relations.

"“You know, I did not go as far as I’d like to go because my thoughts on the NRA and America’s gun culture — I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don’t have our best interests [at heart].”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/03/anti-gun-sports-columnist-jason-whitlock-the-nra-is-the-new-kkk/#ixzz2E1wJjO00

How much you want to !@#$ing bet that ole d-kless (Costas, not DC Tom) and Whitlock (who !@#$ing HAD TO bring race into the discussion....!@#$ing hack one trick pony) shuts their yaps once it comes to light that the sport they cash their fat paycheck's on.... football's and the NFL's...record of NON-action on concussions had something to do with this kid's mental state?

Really? How do you see that going down? What "NON-action" by the NFL led this guy to kill that the mother of his child?

On a related note: Ray Carruth wants a new lawyer, a brain biopsy and a CTE awareness ribbon.

Really? How do you see that going down? What "NON-action" by the NFL led this guy to kill that the mother of his child?

On a related note: Ray Carruth wants a new lawyer, a brain biopsy and a CTE awareness ribbon.

I dont know if the NFL's poor record on concussions and their affect on the mental state of players had any role on what took place.

Thus then my original point that Costas and Whitlock popping off half-cocked before the facts come out is !@#$ing stupid.

If some loudmouth on a football discussion board (me) can rub together the 2 brain cells out of the 3 he has to figure out he should wait before passing judgement on the issue, why cant two National Professional Sports Commentators, one of which who is essentially a household name?

Edited by RkFast

I read a report that he was battling alcohol and painkillers due to head injuries... for what its worth

Addictions, vices and demons are hard to battle.

How did he get a gun? Where was his support system? Was it just a bunch of moochers and hanger on'ers? Was he just a loner? We will probably never know a lot of information but we do know that many lives are forever changed.

Maybe it would be different if his wife or mother-in-law carried a weapon, too.

I dont know if the NFL's poor record on concussions and their affect on the mental state of players had any role on what took place.

Thus then my original point that Costas and Whitlock popping off half-cocked before the facts come out is !@#$ing stupid.

If some loudmouth on a football discussion board (me) can rub together the 2 brain cells out of the 3 he has to figure out he should wait before passing judgement on the issue, why cant two National Professional Sports Commentators, one of which who is essentially a household name?

Regardless of what drove him to kill her and himself, he didn't use a butter knife...

...those men gave their lives; so'd Jovan.

No, he killed her and took his own life. Yours is a joke, right?

Regardless of what drove him to kill her and himself, he didn't use a butter knife...

If that's all he had he probably would have used his hands. I wouldn't be surprised if murder due to a crime of passion was more often committed with the person's hands than a gun.

Edited by Chef Jim