Ugh. I blew it. My bad. I'm optimistic again.

ThurmasThoman

I swore up and down this wasnt going to happen.

Was going to go out and enjoy my sunday with my family--sleep in, brunch, christmas shopping, maybe some outdoor activities.

then i played with the playoff machine:

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

at first, i was wildly unrealistic with it, and got the bills a playoff spot with ease.

then, i went back through, and was a little more reserved, and managed to get us a 6 seed pretty quickly.

then, i looked at our schedule:

jags/rams/dolphins/seahawks/jets

and all of a sudden, it happened.

i realized, unfortunately, i was going to be watching the jags game, hoping for the playoffs.

sorry guys. i hate me just as much as you do.

but im not giving up on the playoffs.

sadly, i think we can do this.

Edited by JohnnyGold

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time for your family to take away your computer.

theres nothing you can say that will make me feel worse about myself than i already do.

i hate this.

i am like an alcoholic who hides bottles behind the couch, or in the toilet tank, and lies to their family.

this is my 12 step program--twobillsdrive.com

i come to you today to tell you i slipped. i relapsed. addiction cant be cured, its a daily battle. and today, i lost.

you can go on with your life, and enjoy your weekend. ill be in the gutter, cheering on this mess of a team, thinking we can make the playoffs.

Was going to go out and enjoy my sunday with my family--sleep in, brunch, christmas shopping, maybe some outdoor activities.

at first, i was wildly unrealistic with it, and got the bills a playoff spot with ease.

then, i went back through, and was a little more reserved, and managed to get us a 6 seed pretty quickly.

i realized, unfortunately, i was going to be watching the jags game, hoping for the playoffs.

we were handed 11-5 on a silver platter this yr with this schedule. it woulda been a chiefslike 11-5,,but still 11-5

So you're saying there's still a chance?

Of course there is ! Chance I might become attractive to 20 yr old women to! Highly unlikely unless I get rich real quick but there is a chance

Now Johnny, I need a detailed way, realistic way of us getting there so when I start yelling at the TV on Sunday my family will not think I am more of an idiot than they already do.

dude stop you are just killing yourself

Don't you mean you'll be listening to the Jags game, hoping for the playoffs?

So its nice to play with what is technically possible and applaud your use of blinders and blind hope.

This team does not pass the eye test from Week 1.

The Defense stinks (yes it is starting to gel a bit now).

The team is fundamentally flawed We have a QB that can't throw and a top WR that can't run fast. Every offensive play is like being in the red zone because they can't stretch the field.

They punt consistently from inside the 40! This is amazing that this happens in the year 2012 once, let alone atleast 6 times on the season.

The play calling on 3rd and short and in the actual red zone is mind boggling bad.

The team does not look, taste, smell, sound or feel like a playoff team.

With the Eleventh pick in the 2013 draft . . .

Edited by Why So Serious?

I ran some scenarios after you posted last night. There's a lot of football left 5 games a lot can happen. Look at Pittsburgh, 3 weeks ago they were 6-3 with a possibility of catching Baltimore, now they are the #6 seed & dropping.

Count me as an optimist.

Our only hope is to win out & Indy goes 1-4 down the stretch, and Pittsburgh & Cincy go 3-2 down the stretch. Also we need San Siego to beat Cincy & Pitts.

Our probability is something like 4% which isn't good odds, but assuming we get hot, continue playing good defense and ride CJ and win out our chances improve dramatically.

The Jags game is step 1 of 5.

So its nice to play with what is technically possible and applaud your use of blinders and blind hope.

This team does not pass the eye test from Week 1.

The Defense stinks (yes it is starting to gel a bit now).

The team is fundamentally flawed We have a QB that can't throw and a top WR that can't run fast. Every offensive play is like being in the red zone because they can't stretch the field.

They punt consistently from inside the 40! This is amazing that this happens in the year 2012 once, let alone atleast 6 times on the season.

The play calling on 3rd and short and in the actual red zone is mind boggling bad.

The team does not look, taste, smell, sound or feel like a playoff team.

With the Eleventh pick in the 2013 draft . . .

Wrong thread dude

Yes, it will take a miracle, but I share your hope JohnnyGold. This team has enough talent to win out when you look at who's left on the schedule. The only thing that can stop them (and probably will) is coaching.

Winning out is the hard part. But the help that is needed isn't inconceivable. I think if you assume one wild card spot goes to the Colts, catching the Steelers and Bengals is entirely possible.

theres nothing you can say that will make me feel worse about myself than i already do.

i hate this.

i am like an alcoholic who hides bottles behind the couch, or in the toilet tank, and lies to their family.

this is my 12 step program--twobillsdrive.com

i come to you today to tell you i slipped. i relapsed. addiction cant be cured, its a daily battle. and today, i lost.

you can go on with your life, and enjoy your weekend. ill be in the gutter, cheering on this mess of a team, thinking we can make the playoffs.

The counselor looked around the room I could feel his eyes burning thru my guilt ridden slumped over body, "YOU" he bellowed "we haven't heard from you yet" I looked around the room, cleared my throat and in a soft near whisper said...

Hello,

My name is Bill

I'm 55 years old &

I too am a "Bills-alcoholic"