How awesome would it be?

How awesome would it be to have a QB situation like San Fran where your head coach can BENCH a starter who's what, 21-6 in his last 27 starts for a guy who he likes better?

IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF RUN!

First world problems, my friends. First world problems.

How awesome would it be to have a QB situation like San Fran where your head coach can BENCH a starter who's what, 21-6 in his last 27 starts for a guy who he likes better?

100% agree Joe...But at this point it's like salt on an open wound...The thought that we could have had Kaepernick, or Dalton, and all we would have to give up is Aaron Williams...That thought alone is enough to send a few Bills fans to one of those padded rooms...Or the nearest bridge... ;)

Let alone Nix made that Pick KNOWING that Ryan Fitzpatrick was our Starting QB, and Tyler Thigpen was our Back-Up...He did know that...Right?... :huh:

CK seems not quite right to me. I think someone is going to figure him out and relegate him to flutie or Vick status.... you know more of a side show attraction. But we'll see.

Bellicheck loves finding qb strengths and taking them away, exposing their weaknesses and they happen to play 12/16.

Didnt the Bills do that with Flutie and RJ?

SF's plan will work great - if they win. If they lose, people will be calling for Harbaugh's hide!

It's not like Smith was completing only 70% of his passes at 8 yards a clip with 13 tds and only 5 picks or anything like that.... Oh wait. The one thing Smith was pretty bad is he has a high sack rate once every 9 passes. For comparison Sake Ryan Fitzpatrick gets sacked once every 18 pass attempts. From that perspective I understand Harbaugh wanting to find someone whos going to be a bit more of a game changer than a game manager. The only thing thats questionable is the timing

I like Kaepernick, but I think it is a terrible idea to bech Smith at this point and go with CK.

Reminds me of the Flutie/Johnson fiasco.

Except in the 49ers case both QB are good, not the other way around... ;)

I thought it was a mistake at first...But now I'm not sure...Kaepernick's ceiling is a mile high...We'll see... B-)

Bellicheck loves finding qb strengths and taking them away, exposing their weaknesses and they happen to play 12/16.

We'll see...This Pats Defense can look REAL bad at times (they're 27th in the league...The Bills are 26th so...)...It could go either way... B-)

Who cares.

Smith blows big chunks. Its all about Frank Gore and the Defense.

Alex Smith is at least twice as good as Fitz. Davis is a dominant TE and the WRs look pretty good to me.

It kills me that we passed on so many QBs over the past 3 years. Kaepernick, Dalton. Cousins. Heck, even Wilson. How do do you, as a coach, know that Fitz is the answer without having other talent around to compare him to.

This is Nix's #1 failing as a GM.

I like Kaepernick, but I think it is a terrible idea to bech Smith at this point and go with CK.

I question nothing a Harbaugh does.

Exactly - careful what you hope for, benching your winning qb for a more talented but unproven one you traded for

Alex Smith is at least twice as good as Fitz. Davis is a dominant TE and the WRs look pretty good to me.

It kills me that we passed on so many QBs over the past 3 years. Kaepernick, Dalton. Cousins. Heck, even Wilson. How do do you, as a coach, know that Fitz is the answer without having other talent around to compare him to.

This is Nix's #1 failing as a GM.

I question nothing a Harbaugh does.

A-freaking-men...Agree 100%... B-)

100% agree Joe...But at this point it's like salt on an open wound...The thought that we could have had Kaepernick, or Dalton, and all we would have to give up is Aaron Williams

So now we are lamenting on Kaepernick? After he's played two good games? Give me a break.

First off the 49'ers are a complete team. Have you not seen their defense?

Also, while Kaepernick has played good, he did not singlehandedly beat the Saints. The Niners got 2 defensive touchdowns in that game, that was the difference.

Kaepernick may turn out to be good, but let's not give him that Hall of Fame bust just yet.

Want to feel even worse?

The Bills are probably paying Fitz n Thigpen more then the Niners are paying Smith and Kapernick

100% agree Joe...But at this point it's like salt on an open wound...The thought that we could have had Kaepernick, or Dalton, and all we would have to give up is Aaron Williams...That thought alone is enough to send a few Bills fans to one of those padded rooms...Or the nearest bridge... ;)

Let alone Nix made that Pick KNOWING that Ryan Fitzpatrick was our Starting QB, and Tyler Thigpen was our Back-Up...He did know that...Right?... :huh:

I hated the Aaron Williams pick and couldn't believe how many ppl on here liked it

How many high picks has this team wasted on corners that can't cover? Who exactly is evaluating the coverage skills of DBs on this team?

Edited by Max997