Bills currently drafting 8th

The Browns? What about Weeden....don't you think they'll give him some time to mature?

The Browns look improved recently, and I wouldn't be shocked if they're a contender next year with the improvement of Weeden and Gordon. They have a strong o-line and defense. I don't see them drafting a QB, at least in the first or second rounds.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My phone died as I was typing that. Yes. The Browns. A new GM will prolly change things. And I didn't get a chance to add Jax. And if you think Arizona. That's still 6 or more even without the browns.

I think Arizona/KC/NYJ are the three most likely teams to draft a QB this year. The draft is fairly weak, and I see Cleveland, Jacksonville and Buffalo addressing other positions in the first round, unless they really love Barkley/Bray/Wilson.

why would cleveland draft a qb ? they just drafted a 1st rounder no?

There's a new owner/GM in place. I think they'll give Weeden another year, but that'll be the extent of his window to perform given his age. I do believe he will be a good QB, though, and the Browns will be serious contenders if Josh Gordon is the real deal and they draft well next year.

Draft is top heavy in offense and defense line talent. Bills a 2nd WR, inside LB, CB and a young QB to groom. Trade down and gather up picks ala NE. Might as well build up the team depth. Don't see immediate starting talent in this class. Face it, they will not be players in free agency so the team you see now will most likely vbe the one takes the field next September. How depressing.

Pretty big log-jam within a game of eachother:

1. Kansas City 1-10

2. Jacksonville 2-9

3. Philadelphia 3-8

4. Oakland 3-8

5. Cleveland 3-8

6. Carolina 3-8

7. San Diego 4-7

8. Buffalo 4-7

9. Tennessee 4-7

10. Detroit 4-7

11. Arizona 4-7

12. NY Jets 4-7

Please allow Fitz to pass more than we run the ball, then this list will mean more.

Parity? Remarkable how many of those same teams show up yin the top ten in a pretty regular basis. Might be something to this management and coaching thing?

If Jax beats us, we might move up the list & be a game off of them on the bad list.

This is a must lose game for us. But in true Bills fashion, we will probably end up winning this completely meaningless game.

Isn't Terry Bradshaw too old to get drafted again?

I was thinking Jamarcus Russell wanted a mulligan.

There is no QB in this draft I would consider before the third round

And with at least 6 of the first 12 teams drafting, needing a QB. What makes you think the Bills will pil one up in any round? Because Buddy said so? Ha. I can see us looking to draft a QB in round 2 or 3 and not getting one because they are taken before us. Or a team moves up just ahead of us. It's no secret we need a QB. So unless Nix knows of a secret QB comin out that know off else knows of or thinks will be good, another team can easily love ahead and screw us.

That was Walter Football's Mock Draft. I think they're nuts and if Buddy and staff draft a CB in the first rd, I'll be the one driving the UHaul!

And I will help you load it.

If they draft another defensive back in the first round, I am going, for the first time ever, to have to re-evaluate how much I have invested in this team. It hurts to even type this.

I doubt CLE or OAK draft QBs in rd1. Weeden's been discussed. Oakland could use an upgrade, and Palmer's starting to get up there but, like CLE, they have a lot more needs, & Palmer is hardly the cause of their problems.

If Henne keeps playing like he has Jax may stick with him. He's the reason they've gone from laughing stock to formidable opponent.

The Sanchez thing is interesting. He's not been great, but not terrible. And they have Tebow. Not sure about this.

Eagles are also a ?. Depends on how Foles does down the stretch.

KC & AZ are the only teams that are almost sure to go QB in the first, but keep in mind, someone's probably going to pick up A Smith & is Sanchez is Jettisoned someone might pick him up. Plus, it's likely someone will take BPA & hope to get their QB in the 2nd.

Basically, regardless of where we pick there should still be a good prospect available for us.

Edited by Rob's House

If Jax beats us, we might move up the list & be a game off of them on the bad list.

Remember that Jax beating us, in and of itself, doesn't give them the tiebreaker. There is no head-to-head tiebreaker in determining draft position. It's strength of schedule.