50-60 yard FG's are off the Bills table

You'd think that one of our kickers could find a range between 50-60 yards just to get us much needed points on the board. I'll attribute a 6 point loss during this game & many more missed points by this aspect of our offense out of the picture. Our opponents can almost always play bend don't break because anything near their 33 yard line is off limits. The severely impedes our ability to keep us off a TD score or ahead accordingly.

The coaching staff clearly has little faith in Lindell if they're not willing to allow him to attempt a 52-yard FG in a dome.

Then get a new kicker with the leg. Its stupid as hell to punt from the 33 yard line. Or at least teach brad smith to punt so we can have some type of attempt to get the first/make them call time out.

The Bills should've signed Nate Kaeding after the Chargers cut him. He's got a leg and has been money in the regular season...one of the best ever. Granted, he's had his struggles in the post season but the Bills will never have to worry about that.

Lindell's kickoffs usually come down right about at the goal line, give or take a few yards. That is not as strong as many kickers these days, but it seems like it should be strong enough to try a 52 yard FG in a dome. I'm surprised the coaches have so little faith in him that they don't let him try. Just another example of coaching safe rather than coaching to win.

The Bills should've signed Nate Kaeding after the Chargers cut him. He's got a leg and has been money in the regular season...one of the best ever. Granted, he's had his struggles in the post season but the Bills will never have to worry about that.

There's a reason the most accurate kicker in NFL history isn't playing.

There's a reason the most accurate kicker in NFL history isn't playing.

Yeah, because he suffered a torn ligament in the first game of 2011 on a freak play and had a groin issue this year which is now healed. The Chargers got impatient and went in another direction. They waited until he was healed to release him. He said he was healthy before the team did and wanted to be released earlier. He's better than Lindell. Period. This organization is a rudderless ship. They have no problem cutting Moorman but cling to Lindell...and won't let him kick. Go figure.

Yeah, because he suffered a torn ligament in the first game of 2011 on a freak play and had a groin issue this year which is now healed. The Chargers got impatient and went in another direction. They waited until he was healed to release him. He said he was healthy before the team did and wanted to be released earlier. He's better than Lindell. Period. This organization is a rudderless ship. They have no problem cutting Moorman but cling to Lindell...and won't let him kick. Go figure.

I would think that another team would have picked him up if he's healed fully.

The coaching staff clearly has little faith in Lindell if they're not willing to allow him to attempt a 52-yard FG in a dome.

Not sure. I think Gailey is simply gun shy in that part of the field, and I wonder if he'd make the same call regardless of who is kicker was. With this defense, a miss basically gives the other team an automatic 3 points, because of the great field position.

A tool not used is a paperweight.

If we get a guy with a much stronger leg, there's still no guarantee that Chan tries the FG there. In my opinion Lindell can hit a 52 yarder in a dome, but Bruce DeHaven thinks that is too long because he learned field goal ranges in the 80s and early 90s and has not caught up with the game. (Chan, as well). Get a younger coach, bring in a kicker to compete with Lindell, and let the best player kick.