Kyle Williams = Ineffective

bills44

I disagree.

This isn't a "moan and groan thread" - I was simply critiquing Kyle Williams' play.

I have no problem with questioning any member of the Bills organization, but classifying this as a critique is...stretching the meaning of the word. You provide nothing to backup your position at all. This is griping which acceptable on a forum is something very different from critique or something that should be taken seriously.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your edit though is misleading. It could mean KW is ineffective at catching the ball, since he played FB. Or blocking, he tried that, too. It might even mean he was ineffective yesterday at making pancakes. It should be added to include "today" and at whatever the OP babbling was about, too.

Edited by jboyst62

Yeah, what you failed to post is that somebody initially edited the thread title to "Kyle Williams = Terrible".

I did say that he was ineffective TODAY, and I thought that his play was inconsistent this year.

I guess that the tears welling up in the eyes of posters prevented them from reading the portion of my post that said that KW is nearly unstoppable when he's on

Kyle Williams was completely neutralized against the Colts. It was the difference in the game. Season over. Bills stink since the 20th century.

Wait is this even a serious thread? this can't be real.

The difference in the game was the special teams touchdown. Our Dline played very well, in large part because Kyle Williams had two and three guys on him after the first series, as K9 just posted.

Our defense went on the road against a good offense and held them to 13 points in their own house. And three of those points was Gailey's fault for not kneeling on the ball with a minute left in the first half on our own TEN YARD LINE. As if Fitz was going to start hitting passes and drive us 60 yards in 60 seconds so we could get a shot at a field goal

After watching the game, for someone to start a Kyle Williams had an off day thread is hilarious

Yeah, what you failed to post is that somebody initially edited the thread title to "Kyle Williams = Terrible".

I did say that he was ineffective TODAY, and I thought that his play was inconsistent this year.

I guess that the tears welling up in the eyes of posters prevented them from reading the portion of my post that said that KW is nearly unstoppable when he's on

Your edit though is misleading. It could mean KW is ineffective at catching the ball, since he played FB. Or blocking, he tried that, too. It might even mean he was ineffective yesterday at making pancakes. It should be added to include "today" and at whatever the OP babbling was about, too.

:D :D :D :D

KW made several plays today, a few more blitzes may have helped. We got decent (not great) pressure with what we did today.........

MD got a few in as well.

MW did well.....

A little offense and not spotting them a special teams 6 would have helped.

Yeah, I know, stating the obvious : /

the Colts made an adjustment after their first series when Kyle Williams abused their G and put Luck on his ass. That adjustment, more than anything, allowed more single coverage on MW and he responded. It also helped MD as well. KW didn't see too much single blocking after that first series.

GO BILLS!!!

this

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, my post was just titled "Kyle Williams". It looks like one of the mods felt the need to edit the thread title and put words in my mouth.

Actually you wrote it in thread but just wanted those who saw his name to click on post to wait until read before knowing your opinion,

The mod just labeled thread with what it was about put words in your mouth (thread) as subject.

And no I did not do it, not a mod.

The OP has an opinion that clashes with mine.

That's no problem for me.

But i think the individul play is not the issue. Its the coaching.

We have had threads about Mario. "return the money, or trade for skelton etc "

Marcel Dareus is fat and a bust.

Now Kyle Williams.

When a team sucks as bad as us it's probably not an individual to blame. Actually, it's definitely not the individual in this case.

Unless your name is Aaron Williams.

couldnt help myself lol

I have to say i agree with the fact that coaching is the issue or the scheme the KW play.

If your telling me he looks good on one day and bad on another, think about it? The scheme may have changed or lack there of one. Williams to me is best suited to move around a lot. He needs to work gaps between gaurds and center or gaurds and tackles.

The game when Wanny kept lining KW and Marcel up directly over the center was genius. Unfortunately like so many things Wanny abandons it too quickly or does not use it enough at the right times

Actually you wrote it in thread but just wanted those who saw his name to click on post to wait until read before knowing your opinion,

The mod just labeled thread with what it was about put words in your mouth (thread) as subject.

And no I did not do it, not a mod.

I don't understand this post.

I fear some of our best players are not really that good. Kyle Williams can penetrate and disrupt plays in the backfield, but when he shoots in and does not get the RB there is a big hole for RB to run through. This also results in offensive lineman being free to block our linebackers. I also fear that Stevie Johnson's unorthodox route running results many negative plays. I hope I'm wrong.

Just like Marshawn Lynch was ineffective while he was a member of the Bills...lol. If Kyle is ineffective then what was Mario !@#$ing Williams? Trash the entire roster and contract the team if Kyle's not a good player because the rest are trash in comparison.

OP is an idiot, plain and simple.

LOL @ Dareus being doubled all game long, stop deluding yourselves. He was creamed repeatedly, so was Kyle at times. Both Dareus and Kyle received doubles, Mario was by himself all game long against a 3rd string tackle, and he did !@#$ all.

Edited by bouds

Oh, GOD FORBID someone question Kyle Williams. All I know is he is a key member of a very ineffective defense. Is he the problem? Sometimes. Not as often as their complete lack of a linebacking corps, but Kyle Williams does get handled here and there.

I don't think anyone on this team is immune from criticism and to shield KW or anyone else on this horrible defense may be turning a blind eye to the problem. Maybe not, but I think it's worth discussion.

I would suggest that the Bills lack of success has been holding on to players long past their effectiveness. Is KW one of them? I honestly don't know, but I do wonder...

Just like Marshawn Lynch was ineffective while he was a member of the Bills...lol. If Kyle is ineffective then what was Mario !@#$ing Williams? Trash the entire roster and contract the team if Kyle's not a good player because the rest are trash in comparison.

OP is an idiot, plain and simple.

LOL @ Dareus being doubled all game long, stop deluding yourselves. He was creamed repeatedly, so was Kyle at times. Both Dareus and Kyle received doubles, Mario was by himself all game long against a 3rd string tackle, and he did !@#$ all.

Great post. :lol:

Oh, GOD FORBID someone question Kyle Williams. All I know is he is a key member of a very ineffective defense. Is he the problem? Sometimes. Not as often as their complete lack of a linebacking corps, but Kyle Williams does get handled here and there.

I don't think anyone on this team is immune from criticism and to shield KW or anyone else on this horrible defense may be turning a blind eye to the problem. Maybe not, but I think it's worth discussion.

I would suggest that the Bills lack of success has been holding on to players long past their effectiveness. Is KW one of them? I honestly don't know, but I do wonder...

Finally, a voice of reason. Thank you.

the Colts made an adjustment after their first series when Kyle Williams abused their G and put Luck on his ass. That adjustment, more than anything, allowed more single coverage on MW and he responded. It also helped MD as well. KW didn't see too much single blocking after that first series.

GO BILLS!!!

Good Coaches adjust after seeing the tape during the game; Unfortunately, our coaches has no such ability. Look at how flat we are after coming back from half time.