Kyle Williams = Ineffective

bills44

I know that Williams is a fan favorite, and criticism of him (like FJ) is not appreciated here, but IMO, he was really ineffective today. This isn't the first poor game he's had this year. When the guy is on, he's damn near unstoppable, but when he's not, he's MIA. For the amount of money that he's getting, he needs to be more consistent.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW is probably the last person on this team that should get a moan and groan thread. He's been consistently one of the best players on this team.

I disagree.

This isn't a "moan and groan thread" - I was simply critiquing Kyle Williams' play.

I know that Williams is a fan favorite, and criticism of him (like FJ) is not appreciated here, but IMO, he was really ineffective today. This isn't the first poor game he's had this year. When the guy is on, he's damn near unstoppable, but when he's not, he's MIA. For the amount of money that he's getting, he needs to be more consistent.

it would help if the coach wasn't taking him out half the time, and when he was in he played well, so I don't really know what you are complaining about.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It is not KW it is the coaching. Look how different MW was today. DW uses his DT's to hold the middle and the DE's to bring pressure collasping the pocket. Like most of the NFL DT's are not there to rack up stats, and we're just now seeing it. DW wants our DT's to soak up blockers and push the pocket back on passing plays and not much different on running plays.

The problem this year is our schemes and our DB's. We're not good enough in tight man play to cover like DW wants and we're not correctly fitted to allow our LB's to make the plays. The LB's we've had the last two years we'd be perfect right now.

It is not KW it is the coaching. Look how different MW was today. DW uses his DT's to hold the middle and the DE's to bring pressure collasping the pocket. Like most of the NFL DT's are not there to rack up stats, and we're just now seeing it. DW wants our DT's to soak up blockers and push the pocket back on passing plays and not much different on running plays.

The problem this year is our schemes and our DB's. We're not good enough in tight man play to cover like DW wants and we're not correctly fitted to allow our LB's to make the plays. The LB's we've had the last two years we'd be perfect right now.

Jboyst, I'm not at all sure I follow you here with the statement "the LB's we've had the last two years we'd be perfect right now".

Last year featured Kelsay and Johnson as OLB? With Barnett and Shep in the middle....Who are you thinking of as LB?

Fitzpatrick was the difference in the game. As usual. Seems like EVERYTIME our defense plays well, fitz sucks. Everytime our defense sucks, fitz plays decent and the fitz lovers say it's because of our defense. It's a vicious cycle. Our D and O can't put together a good game as a whole. I hope we can draft a decent QB, sign a HC/OC that realizes CJ needs 20-30 touches a game (not 15) and a DC that isn't afraid to blitz. In all likelihood, we get none of the above this offseason. 2 out of 3 would send us in the right direction. Gdam you fitz. Gdam you chan. Gdam you Stache.

Ok dude - that's the last person to call terrible. You lost all credibility so im sure this thread isn't going anywhere with the idiocy.

Actually, my post was just titled "Kyle Williams". It looks like one of the mods felt the need to edit the thread title and put words in my mouth.

Jboyst, I'm not at all sure I follow you here with the statement "the LB's we've had the last two years we'd be perfect right now".

Last year featured Kelsay and Johnson as OLB? With Barnett and Shep in the middle....Who are you thinking of as LB?

Poz would be much better on this team right now, Morrison, as well. You're forgetting the switch from 3-4 to 4-3. Johnson and Kelsay would be DL, not LB. Poz and Morrison could and would be upgrades. I am still baffled by not seeing Morrison.

the Colts made an adjustment after their first series when Kyle Williams abused their G and put Luck on his ass. That adjustment, more than anything, allowed more single coverage on MW and he responded. It also helped MD as well. KW didn't see too much single blocking after that first series.

GO BILLS!!!