Anyone Else Still Fantasizing of a Winning Season Still?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our season hinges on this Colts game. We had our shots this year and lost them but this is our last real chance to make a playoff push. IF we win the playoff are very much in the picture....

If we lose this game, our chances of making the playoffs go from about 9% to 1%.

Sure we can pull it out. The team is trending up quickly and starting to look like something.

The missing defense has arrived and is looking as if they are " fitting those damned gaps ".

Hope is awesome.

Go Go Go Bills. Keep hope alive one more week !

Issues and disorder in the brain ? yes i have that too. Probably a virus going around western ny again.

Sure we can pull it out. The team is trending up quickly and starting to look like something.

The missing defense has arrived and is looking as if they are " fitting those damned gaps ".

Hope is awesome.

Issues and disorder in the brain ? yes i have that too. Probably a virus going around western ny again.

It's called the "we won the last game euphoria" virus. B-)

I swear being a Bills fan is like a neurologic condition. I continue to catch myself telling my sons, well if we get past the colts through a punishing running game, and sound defense, we can beat the Jags, Rams, and the telling game is the Seahawks in Toronto. We can definintely beat the Jets at home as they are imploding! Then my wife pinches me and tells me to get back to reality (she has been suffering through my delusions for over 12 years), and realize I'll be throwing pretzels at bonehead coaching moves and lackluster play this week.

Am i alone here?

No, we are right there with you, I really wish we didn't blow the Pats and Titans game as we would have a chance.

Chan is good for blowing at least one game on his own rest of the way and I would be shocked if they went into Indy and won especially with the Colts coming off that embarrassing loss to the Pats

I was thinking the same thing. Indy will be like a hornets nest trying to erase that beat down.

Mathematically still possible.

Hope is awesome.

No team that fails to score an offensive touchdown in two of the last three games is trending up quickly!

I said it on day one and I will say it now. This is nine win team. Playoffs? I donT know...but teams have made the wild card with nine. The bills have to take care of the colts and move on from there

This isn't a nine-win team.

I fall for it every year...hook, line and sinker...just telling my buddy last Thursday...so, instead of getting hot at the begining of the season (like 2008 & 2011) maybe we get hot at the end of the season, just in time to get one of those playoff spots...

Just keep rooting for the Steelers, Colts, Dolphins, Titans, Bengales, Jets, and Chargers to lose...and keep winning...it doesn't seem so daunting a scenario as it did just a month ago. Just have to be one of the two teams standing from that group, six weeks from now, and end this playoff drought. You look at the schedules, and take into consideration some of the injuries that some of that group have suffered, and it seems even less daunting...of course the Bills still have to win.

I was really encouraged by the defenses' play against the Dolphins. It may end up being an abberation, but I think that was, by far, their best defensive effort of the season...can they do it against a better offense than the Dolphins? Don't know for sure...but I got a good feeling from that Phins game...time to get the momentum rolling....

I'm with you. And I rarely if ever predict wins, but I am feeling one this week. The DL looked better, the Colts were riding on emotion (the head coach is sick), their team isn't good, and their very good qb is a ROOKIE, There is every opportunity for a win.

So, I'm thinking that we will win this, and other games, and then blow an opportunity and not make the playoffs. Then, we will look towards the draft. We will do research, watch bowl games, youtube, etc. And, in April we will draft a db in the first round. Or no later than the 2nd.

Btw, if I sound bitter, I don't mean too. Frustrated? Yes. I used to get much more angry. Now, I roll with it much more. But I will never give up. Never.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tallywhacker hit that proverbial college wall, he played what? 9+ games at the most in college so he is not used to the NFL 16 game season. The Dolphins would have been smarter to sit a slightly injured Talleywhacker and play Matt Moore, but then they wouldn't be the phins now would they... :lol:

The Bills have just a good a shot at making the playoffs as the Jets or Dolphins do at this point, maybe even a better shot if the phins continue to play Talleywhacker and the Jets Sanchez as both are sucking worse then Fitz.

Speaking of Fitz, it all depends on which Fitz shows up for the last 6 games, the good Fitz or bad Fitz. Along with what Gailey wants to do in game planning / play calling. If Gailey ever gets around to giving Fred Jackson and Spiller 40 touches while limiting Fitz's throwing AND the defense steps it up the Bills could easily win all 6 games,and finish 10-6.

But then we are counting on both Gailey and Wannstedt to change their ways and do things that make sense...like run the ball and blitz more often

Someone on page one of this thread talked about a near-win. I think that's a marvelous concept, and I think the NFL should begin to collect statistics based on near-wins. The continuing presence of the Bills in the NFL has finally forced recognition of this concept and the need to collect data about near-wins. Just imagine the Bills could be 5-8-3 for the 2012 season, not bad at all!