Keys to Bills v Colts game:

PatsFanNH

Bills:

1. Need to Involve your star RB as much as possible (screens,reverses etc)

2. You MUST get pressure on luck, he is a very good QB and can make amazing throws into tight spaces (his TD pass in the back of the endzone where Talib had good coverage was just WOW IMO.)

3. Going with 2 IMO the Bills need to BLITZ Luck and make him uncomfortable

4. Need ST to deliver a big play, maybe not a TD but a great return.

Colts:

1. Protect Luck, even if you need do max protect

2. Establish the run, to keep Buffalo honest on D

3. NO brain cramps (Pick 6, or ST TD)

This game can go either way, but if the Bills fail to pressure Luck the Colts could light up your secondary... will your DC do whats needed to make him uncommfy in the pocket?

Bills:

2. You MUST get pressure on luck, he is a very good QB and can make amazing throws into tight spaces (his TD pass in the back of the endzone where Talib had good coverage was just WOW IMO.)

Colts:

This game can go either way, but if the Bills fail to pressure Luck the Colts could light up your secondary... will your DC do whats needed to make him uncommfy in the pocket?

We become relevant again after this game. O line healthy, D Line healthy. Let's get after it. Glenn and Hairston will handle the Colts D ends. That's all they have. We will run the ball. We will throw it. Gilmore will handle Wayne. Defense will be getting an identity this week. Go Bills.

I like the jets strategy of just running it down their throats. Don't give freaney an opportunity to make a game changing sack/fumble or pressure into pick play on fitz.

And really what better way to beat luck or any QB than putting him on the field after you've consistently scored points from long drives, forcing them into obvious passing situations against your rested defense.

All this takes the home town crowd out of it too.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Easy, the Colts do one thing on offense, they run, then throw deep, then run and then throw deep.

Take away Wayne, and they're without their speedster Avery this week. Waybe is by far Lucks favorite receiver, and if he isn't doubled on every play Wanny needs his head examined. Rush 4 until it appears it no longer works. Keep a scout on Luck in the backfield. Essentially play them to run, and double Wayne and make Luck beat you with his other receivers.

For the Bills offense. The Colts are suspect in the run defense both up the middle and on the outside. They are also prone to the screen which will come as a big plus for Chan's offense. Look for the usual from Chan and Fitz in this game as the Colts D does not matchup well with Chan's offense.

That's the plan, now execute.

Tim-

Bills:

Colts:

I think Luck will be a great QB but he's not there yet. He's the 28th rated passer and has just as many TD's as INTs. Only Sanchez, Tannehill, Weeden, Skeleton and Cassel have a worse rating. I'm not saying he can't beat us but the amount of love this guy gets you would think he is elite already. Fitz has a 10 point lead on him in QBR right now and while I'm sure Luck will be a star, right now we have the better QB. I like our chances against him.

We become relevant again after this game. O line healthy, D Line healthy. Let's get after it. Glenn and Hairston will handle the Colts D ends. That's all they have. We will run the ball. We will throw it. Gilmore will handle Wayne. Defense will be getting an identity this week. Go Bills.

Become relevant to who? Certainly not the NFL. Teams with losing records are never relevant.

Easy, the Colts do one thing on offense, they run, then throw deep, then run and then throw deep.

Take away Wayne, and they're without their speedster Avery this week. Waybe is by far Lucks favorite receiver, and if he isn't doubled on every play Wanny needs his head examined. Rush 4 until it appears it no longer works. Keep a scout on Luck in the backfield. Essentially play them to run, and double Wayne and make Luck beat you with his other receivers.

For the Bills offense. The Colts are suspect in the run defense both up the middle and on the outside. They are also prone to the screen which will come as a big plus for Chan's offense. Look for the usual from Chan and Fitz in this game as the Colts D does not matchup well with Chan's offense.

That's the plan, now execute.

Tim-

Rushing 4 has rarely worked for us this year. Why not send 5 or 6 on every play? We do that and Luck will run out of luck very quickly. Lets hope the coaches look at the film and change things up to a more aggressive defense. This team should seriously be able to win its next 4 games (Indy, Jax, St Louis and Seattle) Our coaching is holding us back on both sides of the ball. The Bills biggest weakness this season is coaching. We play our vanilla 4 with 7 in coverage like we always do, and we will get lit up. If Tannehill had more experience, he would have beaten us also with us rushing 4. We got some pressure against him w our front 4, but nearly as much as we should have, or could have by blitzing a whole lot more. Luck is at a different level. Certainly not elite yet, but miles ahead of Tannehill and Fitzie. Our corners are marginal. Justin Rogers is not an NFL player, and anyone he tries covering in the slot will light him up repeatedly. I would start Ron Brooks ahead of him. Sure he hasn't played in an NFL game yet. But he has got to be better than Rogers on pedigree alone. Rogers played at Richmond, Brooks at LSU. Enuf said on that. Next season Rogers and A Williams do not need to see the field at corner. I would try Williams at safety, and cut Rogers. It is time to get rid of ALL the marginal talent on the roster-nice draft picks Buddy!!!

Rushing 4 has rarely worked for us this year. Why not send 5 or 6 on every play? We do that and Luck will run out of luck very quickly. Lets hope the coaches look at the film and change things up to a more aggressive defense. This team should seriously be able to win its next 4 games (Indy, Jax, St Louis and Seattle) Our coaching is holding us back on both sides of the ball. The Bills biggest weakness this season is coaching. We play our vanilla 4 with 7 in coverage like we always do, and we will get lit up. If Tannehill had more experience, he would have beaten us also with us rushing 4. We got some pressure against him w our front 4, but nearly as much as we should have, or could have by blitzing a whole lot more. Luck is at a different level. Certainly not elite yet, but miles ahead of Tannehill and Fitzie. Our corners are marginal. Justin Rogers is not an NFL player, and anyone he tries covering in the slot will light him up repeatedly. I would start Ron Brooks ahead of him. Sure he hasn't played in an NFL game yet. But he has got to be better than Rogers on pedigree alone. Rogers played at Richmond, Brooks at LSU. Enuf said on that. Next season Rogers and A Williams do not need to see the field at corner. I would try Williams at safety, and cut Rogers. It is time to get rid of ALL the marginal talent on the roster-nice draft picks Buddy!!!

Everything in bold is wrong. Pedigree does not equal talent. See Fred Jackson. It does however usually recruit it.

The rest is a fairly coherent....thought.

Edited by Jdragon2

I think Luck will be a great QB but he's not there yet. He's the 28th rated passer and has just as many TD's as INTs. Only Sanchez, Tannehill, Weeden, Skeleton and Cassel have a worse rating. I'm not saying he can't beat us but the amount of love this guy gets you would think he is elite already. Fitz has a 10 point lead on him in QBR right now and while I'm sure Luck will be a star, right now we have the better QB. I like our chances against him.

I disagree I saw the throws Luck made against the Pats, and Fitz could NEVER make those throws. IF given time he will burn the Bills big time, the reason he had a bad day against NE was the pass rush and blitzing. (2 of his INT was caused by the pressure up front.)