Matt Stafford / Lions Implosion

jumbalaya

well i think the point is... is Stafford worth attempting to salvage by another team such as the Bills.

FA should be on Buddy's checklist for due diligence especially at the QB position. I would imagine.

Lions will be giving him a big dollar deal.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stafford has 8,000 yards 53 tds and 26 picks in his last 26 games with a passer rating a bit above 90 and like 7.3 ypa and 63% completions.

Really?

Yes, really. Great stats, and even with those skills the team is having a hard time winning. Kid's got a lot of talent, but even that is not a magical guarantee.

There really isn't much that separates teams in the NFL. Any team can best anyone else.

What separates playoff teams frm the others are

1. Play execution

2. Confidence

3. Schedule friendliness

4. Health/ injuries to your team and your opponents

A team like Cleveland currently at 2-8 could easily be 8-2.. 3 of their losses the had 4th quarter leads, the other 3 losses they had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead from mid 3rd quarter on. In their other 2 loses ..one to the giants they got up 14-0 with a chance to go up by 3 scores....against cincinati there defense couldn't stop them.. In the second half it was browns score to make it a 7 pt deficit only to have the bengals come back and score to make it a two Possesion game.

Atlanta at 9-1.....they easily could be 5-5 or 4-6. 5 of their wins they were trailing in 4 and tied in 1 at some point in the 4th quarter.

Edited by djp14150

There really isn't much that separates teams in the NFL. Any team can best anyone else.

What separates playoff teams frm the others are

1. Play execution

2. Confidence

3. Schedule friendliness

4. Health/ injuries to your team and your opponents

A team like Cleveland currently at 2-8 could easily be 8-2.. 3 of their losses the had 4th quarter leads, the other 3 losses they had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead from mid 3rd quarter on. In their other 2 loses ..one to the giants they got up 14-0 with a chance to go up by 3 scores....against cincinati there defense couldn't stop them.. In the second half it was browns score to make it a 7 pt deficit only to have the bengals come back and score to make it a two Possesion game.

Atlanta at 9-1.....they easily could be 5-5 or 4-6. 5 of their wins they were trailing in 4 and tied in 1 at some point in the 4th quarter.

This is true.

There are a bunch of NFL teams which kind of trend up and down over the years.

However there are certain teams which are consistent winners and others which are consistent losers.

The Lions are cursed. i may or may not have read this. But the coaching is suspect. wait. who are we talking about again?

No Saint i would suppose you correct. If the Lions did not make all efforts to retain him they would be foolish. eh ?

A team of talent, but sloppy, undisciplined talent from QB to defensive tackle.

That's what costs them games. Inconsistency and lack of discipline.

And that's coaching. I think Schwartz is a decent coach but perhaps not the right fit personality wise to get the most out of those guys.

I think that's part of the reason Schiano in TB has been successful. College coach essentially coaching a very young college-esque roster.