Did Belichick run up the score on the Colts to effect the Bills Game

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a heard that usually when a team is blown out, they come back the next week with something to prove. Do you think Belichick intentionally ran up the score on the Colts knowing they were facing the Bills the following week? If so, this guy is light years ahead of any other coach.

I don't think BB really cares. He was just being his regular arrogant self. There was no reason to keep Brady in after scoring 45 so late in the game.

The Colts will remember this, as the Bills should. When (and if) the tables turn, both these franchises should remember to rub it in his face and score whatever they can.

I don't think BB really cares. He was just being his regular arrogant self. There was no reason to keep Brady in after scoring 45 so late in the game.

The Colts will remember this, as the Bills should. When (and if) the tables turn, both these franchises should remember to rub it in his face and score whatever they can.

They'll remember what? That BB left his starters in to finish the ballgame? Do you think the players would feel better, or less embarrassed, if BB took out all of his starters because he felt they were so much better than the opposing defense that, by not trying anymore, he made the game more equal? If anything, that would piss off an opposing team more than anything.

I really don't get the displeasure when a teams offense plays all out until the end of ball games. Why should it be expected of the winning offense to stop trying? If they stop trying should the opposing defense not be expected to also not try? And, what about the winning team's defense! Should they stop trying too and just let the opposing offense score at will?

They'll remember what? That BB left his starters in to finish the ballgame? Do you think the players would feel better, or less embarrassed, if BB took out all of his starters because he felt they were so much better than the opposing defense that, by not trying anymore, he made the game more equal? If anything, that would piss off an opposing team more than anything.

I really don't get the displeasure when a teams offense plays all out until the end of ball games. Why should it be expected of the winning offense to stop trying? If they stop trying should the opposing defense not be expected to also not try? And, what about the winning team's defense! Should they stop trying too and just let the opposing offense score at will?

It's called sportsmanship and class. But It is not surprising Bellicheat knows little about this facet.

and does anyone really think the Pats* would do anything with the Bills in mind? Really? They would welcome a chance to put a third beating on them in the playoffs...

We have a heard that usually when a team is blown out, they come back the next week with something to prove. Do you think Belichick intentionally ran up the score on the Colts knowing they were facing the Bills the following week? If so, this guy is light years ahead of any other coach.

Haha, no. Talk about egocentric. The Bills were far from his mind. His team was simply superior and the Colts lost their will after being demoralized early. Billy has crushed us for a decade. He certainly doesn't think about us in the middle of a game against another team.

It's called sportsmanship and class. But It is not surprising Bellicheat knows little about this facet.

Think about it for a second will ya.

Taking out your starters and implying that "my backups are as good as your starters and this will give you a fighting chance at least", is the ultimate FU to an opposing team.

Am I missing something here?

Would he still be light years ahead if his star QB (or any other meaningful player) had been injured during garbage time in the 4th quarter? Like here: http://espn.go.com/n...gery-arm-source

And btw, I don't buy that it had anything to do with the Bills. BB has always run up score when possible, this had nothing to do with us.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Probably not. And if he did, the karma police interjected and injured Gronk an behalf of his hubris.

and does anyone really think the Pats* would do anything with the Bills in mind? Really? They would welcome a chance to put a third beating on them in the playoffs...

You forgot the bit about handing out participation trophies and doing personal self-worth validations in the post game.

Well he lost his starting Tight End and key to his offense for the rest of the regular season because he was running up the score.

By the way, for you Bill lovers, if he's such a defensive genius, why can't they stop anybody for years now, even with all that talent.

Brady made a lot of lucky people in the NFL look great. Romeo Crennel? Charlie Weis? Belichick? All failed head coaches without Tom Brady.

I remember an ex-Pat player (Brushci I think) talking about this, after the last time the Pats blew the Bills out (you remember?)... he said, essentially, that Belichicks' philosopy, particularly when playing divisional and conference foes (chance the Colts could meet the Pats in the playoffs) is that he wants to demolish them, so, next time they play, the team that lost will always see them as a daunting foe, and if anything goes wrong for the challenger, in the back of their mind, they will always remember the last game and think "oh crap...here we go again".

We can call BB classless, all we want, but it seems to work for him...c'mon, wouldn't you get excited if the Bills could lay those kind of points up, week after week, no matter who their foe was?

I remember an ex-Pat player (Brushci I think) talking about this, after the last time the Pats blew the Bills out (you remember?)... he said, essentially, that Belichicks' philosopy, particularly when playing divisional and conference foes (chance the Colts could meet the Pats in the playoffs) is that he wants to demolish them, so, next time they play, the team that lost will always see them as a daunting foe, and if anything goes wrong for the challenger, in the back of their mind, they will always remember the last game and think "oh crap...here we go again".

We can call BB classless, all we want, but it seems to work for him...c'mon, wouldn't you get excited if the Bills could lay those kind of points up, week after week, no matter who their foe was?

I see your point but not me. I was proud of Chan kneeling on the Browns goal line in Cleveland Stadium when we had the win sealed but could have scored easily. I remember thinking that's difference between class and no class. Bill doesn't exhibit any that I've seen.