[please fix subject]Meachem

NoSaint

I don't know if you're aware but the Bills brought Alexander in for a Tuesday tryout about a month ago.

I don't believe I knew this.

This is just more evidence that I really should be included in the Bills personnel decisions.

This.

The Bills wanted Meachem as a field stretcher and offered him accordingly. The Chargers were willing to pay him quite a bit more.

Also, there was/is some antagonism going on between the San Diego and Buffalo front offices (AJ Smith and Buddy). We signed Merriman, they signed Roscoe. They came over the top on Meachem. There was another one or two transactions which hinted at this one-upsmanship but I can't remember them at the moment.

Finally, the most popular free agent receivers on this board during free agency were Pierre Garcon, Laurent Robinson, and Mario Manningham. Amazingly all three of those receivers have spent much of this season missing games due to injury.

It's possibly a good thing that the Bills came up empty on free agent receivers this year.

I would say the Spiller pick and Ryan Mathews trade up was evidence of funny stuff between the teams.

Going back in time you'd think the Bills would be more than happy to take back in that draft given the teams need.

How do you blame Nix for not signing a guy that is not doing well now? He had an idea what he was worth and when San Diego overpaid he said no thank you. Maybe Meachem would have been a decent #2 for us. Hard to know what his role would have been or what the offense would look like know with a healthy David Nelson.

Can we all agree that JOnes is not the answer as the #2 WR? And that we need a second pass catching threat at TE?

I never wanted him in the 1st place but could have talked myself into him as #2. Sometimes, you just got luck and don't spend a lot of money on a guy that would be a mistake. Tyson Clabo has been a big disappointment since ATL re-signed him. I remember this board thinking the world was ending because we didn't get the great Clabo.

Alexander did nothing his first 2 years in the league and maybe had a career game last weekend. Time will tell.

I don't think you're familiar with Alexandar.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13935/year/2011/danario-alexander

When you watch him play football, he looked like a football player.

The Rams got impatient.