2 Things We Must Do !!

T master

Before the end of this year Buddy had better get of his A** & get Byrd & Levetrie resigned to a long term contract !!

If he let this go to long & either one of them get a chance to test the waters they are gone . Just like what happened to Jabari Greer & others .

Byrd is a pro bowl player & so is Levetrie , these are the kind of guys we not only need to win but it is the kind of guys we need to bring in other top talent & even coaches so we can compete at the highest level with the rest of the NFL ..

GET THEM SIGNED !!!!!

To start, Jabari was gone before this regime got here. And Buddy has never been a guy to let good players walk. If you perform, you get paid. Plain and simple. Stevie's contract was the only one that even came close to being too late, and Buddy still got him paid. So I am not worried in the least bit about getting Byrd and Levitre resigned.

I would also like to see Buddy get Nelson, Jones, Leodis, and Moore resigned, as well. I think we are missing Nelson big time, especially in the red zone. I think he helps us punch a couple of those in last night, and would have helped us earlier in the season, too.

Buddy has never been a guy to let good players walk. If you perform, you get paid. Plain and simple.

We can argue about the definition of "good" but your statement has to at least address Poz and Donte or else it's not forthcoming.

Wouldn't Poz be the best linebacker on this football team?

In light of George Wilson's struggles in run support isn't it possible that Donte would make our run defense a lot better?

Don't mean to hijack but let's evaluate Nix on the entirety of his work.

We can argue about the definition of "good" but your statement has to at least address Poz and Donte or else it's not forthcoming.

Wouldn't Poz be the best linebacker on this football team?

In light of George Wilson's struggles in run support isn't it possible that Donte would make our run defense a lot better?

Don't mean to hijack but let's evaluate Nix on the entirety of his work.

Takes two to tango. Poz wanted to play in a 4-3 system and Donte didnt want to be here. He cant make them stay unless he franchised Whitner (and this board would have lost it)

1 thing we must do. Get a new owner. Until that happens everything else is pissing in the wind.

Because?

What about the current regime has given you any indication they aren't willing to pay for the players they think help?

$100M for Mario not enough for you?

Or are you now trying to start a "RALPH SPENDS TOO MUCH!!!" thread to go with all the "RALPH IS CHEAP" posts??

Edited by BobChalmers

I would also like to see Buddy get Nelson, Jones, Leodis, and Moore resigned, as well. I think we are missing Nelson big time, especially in the red zone. I think he helps us punch a couple of those in last night, and would have helped us earlier in the season, too.

I'd also like to see all 6 of these guys brought back. I always worry about cap space, but if the money's there I'd make that a priority over any outside FAs

Before the end of this year Buddy had better get of his A** & get Byrd & Levetrie resigned to a long term contract !!

If he let this go to long & either one of them get a chance to test the waters they are gone . Just like what happened to Jabari Greer & others .

Byrd is a pro bowl player & so is Levetrie , these are the kind of guys we not only need to win but it is the kind of guys we need to bring in other top talent & even coaches so we can compete at the highest level with the rest of the NFL ..

GET THEM SIGNED !!!!!

Def on Byrd, but for Levitre, as long as you don't overpay. While he has been valuable and an iron man, guards are easier to come by.

Takes two to tango. Poz wanted to play in a 4-3 system and Donte didnt want to be here. He cant make them stay unless he franchised Whitner (and this board would have lost it)

Lil Donte did want to be here. First the Bills made an offer. Based IMO on his original draft slot he rejected it and went to FA. Then he sat on the couch for the first couple of weeks before the phone rang. After agreeing in principle with da Browns he crapped on them and signed for money less than the original Bills offer with the niners. During his time in limbo the Bills brass smartly pulled their offer.

I don't have links but Lil Donte tweeted quite a bit about "wanting to come back" during his period of zero attention in FA. I don't miss him a bit and will suffer with Wilsons sub par play for 6 more games.

Then wait for an upgrade.

If we want to continue in the right direction and build some continuity on the OL I think we need to re-sign Levitre first. Not that I feel Byrd is less important or that Levitre is a better player, but our OL is coming together finally and you don't want to lose any of the core pieces. Byrd needs to be back as well. To me, he is the best player on our defense. Solid against the run, creates turnovers, and solid in coverage. Losing him would be a huge hit to our D. After that I'd take Nelson back because he is a decent possession guy, but only at the right price tag. Jones has been solid at times too, but I got a pretty good feeleing about Graham and don't think it would be that much of a loss if Jones were to go. Leodis is a solid return guy, when he holds onto the ball, but still doesn't really get it on defense. Not to mention he has stone hands. I think Brooks will be able to fill his position if he were to leave. We do need one more solid veteran CB to go with the younger guys we have already. Moore and even Merriman would be alright to re-sign if the price tags are right. We need some LB's though.