We are two lousy plays away from being in first place

Rubes

Not that I think we deserve it or anything, but...

- a late fourth down stop against TEN

- a late TD instead of an INT today

We get those two plays, and we're 5-4 and tied with NE for first. Crazy to think that things can be so different based on just two plays...especially considing how bad this defense has played. The difference between first and last is that close. Sucks for us.

If only we had even an average defense...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get those two plays, and we're 5-4 and tied with NE for first. Crazy to think that things can be so different based on just two plays...especially considing how bad this defense has played. The difference between first and last is that close. Sucks for us.

Lay it all on Fitz thats right don't blame the defense for being a siv & letting these teams score at will so that Fitz has to score 50 plus each game or play a completely flawless game ..

How about this all's the D has to do is stop ONE SCORING PLAY & NOT ALLOW THE PATS TO RUN UP 52 ON US IN THE FIRST GAME & GUESS WHAT WE ARE 6 & 4 !!!!

So let's put blame exactly where it lies in stead of using Fitz as the scape goat how bout it !!!!!!

You are absolutely right. And I wish I could find solace in this. But that's what this team is, a bunch of woulda, coulda, shoulda's.

Even with those games being one play away, the others were blow out losses which sets the reality

Lay it all on Fitz thats right don't blame the defense for being a siv & letting these teams score at will so that Fitz has to score 50 plus each game or play a completely flawless game ..

How about this all's the D has to do is stop ONE SCORING PLAY & NOT ALLOW THE PATS TO RUN UP 52 ON US IN THE FIRST GAME & GUESS WHAT WE ARE 6 & 4 !!!!

So let's put blame exactly where it lies in stead of using Fitz as the scape goat how bout it !!!!!!

6 & 4 ?????? It's hard to do math in the NFL.

and the Patriots are a couple of lousy plays away from being 8-1.

The debatable last second field goal the Ravens scored that the replacment officials ruled good.

The late TD they gave up to Seattle.

What's your point?

Read the post again. The point is there. In fact, you just made the same point.

Read the post again. The point is there. In fact, you just made the same point.

my point is that you change the two games you noted and the Bills are 5-4

but the Pats would be 8-1 (still 3 games ahead) if you change the 2 games I noted.

Both the Patriots and the Bills are deserving of their current records.

The point is the Bills are closer than most realize. The big problems are the defense and consistently losing the turnover battle. These go hand in hand because the defense never gets stops or turns anyone over, which puts pressure on the offense to take chances. Fix this defense and we've got a wildcard team at worst.

This is not an endorsement of Fitz. I'd still like to see him replaced in the offseason. He's reached his ceiling and he's not clutch when it matters most.