Thread for intelligent football dicussion

Byrd is a top-5 safety in this league. It's amazing how posters on this board have such a strong love/hate relationship with players depending on whether the team wins or loses. I love the number of posts declaring that Kyle Williams has no heart or is the only player with heart on defense, for example.

It's the alcohol factor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking Nix or Gailey will still be with the team after this season might be the long shot. Trusting Gailey to groom a rookie QB to win will be another....3-5 years to develop a rookie by a guy who can't stop calling empty backfield sets, and refuses to make Spiller the primary on every play?

It took Nix 3 years to find a LT, he still hasn't found some top LBers although he keeps drafting them. Nix still hasn't found a top #2 WR that will run the proper route in the end zone. 100 million + 12 for 2 pass rushers and the team still needs a better pass rush.

Nic & Gailey have a 5 year plan, and they will still be losing in year 5

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Great Little Story, Cinderella came from out of nowhere Blah Blah ..BUT its just story & Cinderella came home from the ball & the fairytale ends & the Fitzpatrick Fan Base needs check into reality, there is no Fitzmagic, he has limitations & he has reached them its over & this isn't about liking or disliking, its about MONEY

the Bills can't afford not to keep fans Happy & if you have at least 90% of your fan base wanting the Coaching Staff & QB gone "You Do it" because when those seats are empty & revenue is down, you do what ever it takes to change that

Does anyone think if the Bills keep Gailey & Fitzpatrick we our gonna sell out any home game

Do anyone think ESPN or The NFL Network are gonna won't us on Prime Time let only Sunday Night

Does anyone think Free Agents are going to want to play on this team

I'm in the same boat as OP. The best thing for the Bills to do IMO is draft a QB in either the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round and have Fitz play out the next year while we let the drafted QB develop. Right now the Bills are a defense away from a playoff team and I do believe that with a middling defense, this Bills offense can make the playoffs. We just need to focus on getting a great linebacker in the draft and maybe a solid one in free agency.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Great Little Story, Cinderella came from out of nowhere Blah Blah ..BUT its just story & Cinderella came home from the ball & the fairytale ends & the Fitzpatrick Fan Base needs check into reality, there is no Fitzmagic, he has limitations & he has reached them its over & this isn't about liking or disliking, its about MONEY

the Bills can't afford not to keep fans Happy & if you have at least 90% of your fan base wanting the Coaching Staff & QB gone "You Do it" because when those seats are empty & revenue is down, you do what ever it takes to change that

Does anyone think if the Bills keep Gailey & Fitzpatrick we our gonna sell out any home game

Do anyone think ESPN or The NFL Network are gonna won't us on Prime Time let only Sunday Night

Does anyone think Free Agents are going to want to play on this team

What?

If this indeed was an intelligent discussion, the OP would have mentioned that we should have drafted a QB 1-2 years ago for "grooming" purposes. Only losing organizations wait till their QB completely fizzles out before drafting his replacement.

If this indeed was an intelligent discussion, the OP would have mentioned that we should have drafted a QB 1-2 years ago for "grooming" purposes. Only losing organizations wait till their QB completely fizzles out before drafting his replacement.

The QB play wouldnt be an issue if you had a decent defense.

The main issue with Buffalo is that they don't throw deep.

I think a big problem with Fitz has been with David Lee trying to fix him causing more problems.

David Lee and Fitz both have track records. One of them is a record of succes, the other one...not so much. I'll let you figure out which belongs to whom.

I am the OP and intelligent discussions do not involve time travel.

We have one of the best 1-2 punch rb's in the NFL, yet we are 18th in the NFL in points game with 22. Yet, we need to go LB in the first round to fix the defense? On coaching alone we were better last year on defense.

I'm sorry, but to think that the offense isn't equally an issue and not have any other option at QB makes no sense to me. I'm not looking at just today, because I think Fitz did great outside of a few plays. But overall, QB has to be upgraded for us to get to the next level. Sure, there isn't a surefire person we know will fix it. If it was that easy, everyone would do it. But we need to do it. I wouldn't even care if they drafted 2 QB's like the skins did.

Going into this season, there was no way to know this D would be this bad and that's even with the "experts" predicting great things for us. Coaching and players gelling goes a long way.

Draft a LB, CB, QB in the top 3, and maybe even another QB. Get a D coordinator with any form of brain, and we should be good. And I'm talking playoff good

Edited by Derek in Va

Where is David Lee's success?

I heard it suggested by someone who claims access to such info that Lee is messing up Fitz. Seems that the flaws in his mechanics are just the way he's used to throwing. Making him throw the "right way" is just making it all worse. I think Fitz is going back to what work for him.

PTR

We have one of the best 1-2 punch rb's in the NFL, yet we are 18th in the NFL in points game with 22. Yet, we need to go LB in the first round to fix the defense? On coaching alone we were better last year on defense.

I'm sorry, but to think that the offense isn't equally an issue and not have any other option at QB makes no sense to me. I'm not looking at just today, because I think Fitz did great outside of a few plays. But overall, QB has to be upgraded for us to get to the next level. Sure, there isn't a surefire person we know will fix it. If it was that easy, everyone would do it. But we need to do it. I wouldn't even care if they drafted 2 QB's like the skins did.

Going into this season, there was no way to know this D would be this bad and that's even with the "experts" predicting great things for us. Coaching and players gelling goes a long way.

Draft a LB, CB, QB in the top 3, and maybe even another QB. Get a D coordinator with any form of brain, and we should be good. And I'm talking playoff good

If we had, say, a top-14 defense that forced turnovers and punts giving us good field position, we'd be putting up more points. There's a reason we possess the ball for 29 minutes per game; Fitz and the offense are forced into long drives from poor field position. We're not forcing fumbles in the opponent's half.

If this were an average defense, Fitz wouldn't be in the position he's in at the end of most games. Yes, he's not elite, and the opposite of clutch, but posters would have a very different opinion of him if we had a defense that could put us in a position to score easy points and control the game.