To the medical community

Captain Hindsight

In the last few months ive noticed something happening with my legs, feet, toes and occasionally fingers. Simply sitting around has caused all my limbs to go numb and get all tingly periodically. Ill even be walking sometimes and just have my hand starts to go numb.

I feel like its a pinched nerve. I feel pain the inside of my right arm by my bicep and my right hand in tingly right now.

It happens often enough that I notice it and its, not painful, but it takes a decent amount of time and it hurts a bit before the feeling comes back fully.

So I aks the medical community, is this something i should be worried about? Should I go to a doctor?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe posting your health issues on message boards, and getting comedic or idiotic responses like this one will help you sleep.

But no never seek professional medical opinions because you know.........................

I am an intern so going to the doctor isnt a good idea for me. Too damn expensive. I wasnt all that worried, but I know a few posters are in the medical field so I just thought id ask

Is it time critical? Like should I find an urgent care or can I find a doctor in the morning?

Find a doctor in the morning. In fact, find a primary care physician and see him or her regularly, not just once. It will probably cost you a lot less in the end, if money is the concern for you.

This is a serious question. Have you been drinking more in the last year or so?

I'm not sure id say more, but more often maybe. I have a beer 3 or 4 nights a week after work

Find a doctor in the morning. In fact, find a primary care physician and see him or her regularly, not just once. It will probably cost you a lot less in the end, if money is the concern for you.

Im in the last week of my internship and I havent been to a doctor all year down here so its gonna be a cold visit and once and done most likely. My dad will cover me, I just hate asking for money

My grandfather had numbness in his foot. Turns out he had to have his leg amputated because he had a blocked vessel in his leg. He was on his way to a job interview and his foot went tingly. He pulled off to the side of the road to try to "wake" it up but it got worse. He took off his shoe and noticed that his toes were turning color. By the time he got to the doctors they had to amputate. He almost died. Now, this was in the mid 1980's. I just wanted to point out that numbness could be a very serious thing. Go to a doctor, ASAP.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but you can enter symptoms in WebMD (considered by most to be a reputable source of medical info) to get some idea of what MIGHT be causing them. With 30 seconds of searching, I found this:

http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/raynauds-phenomenon-7594e

You might want to dig deeper at WebMD, but if it was me, I'd see a doctor.