Darius has a lot to Prove

Trader

So far JJ Watt has been by far the more dominant and feared player of the two. They are not lined up against each other but the comparisons will be made. Darius needs to show up big time this week or he slides into the underachiever - potential bust category. Mario Williams was kicked to the curb by Houston in his own words. These two need to lead the Defense.

I don' t know if the Bills have the overall talent to win this game but they need to make this a real battle in the trenches and show some real emotion instead of going through the motions.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far JJ Watt has been by far the more dominant and feared player of the two. They are not lined up against each other but the comparisons will be made. Darius needs to show up big time this week or he slides into the underachiever - potential bust category. Mario Williams was kicked to the curb by Houston in his own words. These two need to lead the Defense.

I don' t know if the Bills have the overall talent to win this game but they need to make this a real battle in the trenches and show some real emotion instead of going through the motions.

I wonder how his brother being murdered would affect Watt? Last year, Watt played on the #1 defense in the NFL last year for one of the top DCs in a prime sack position and had 5.5 sacks. Dareus played on a talentless unit last year in one of the hardest positions to get sacks and had 5.5 sacks as well.

I wonder how his brother being murdered would affect Watt? Last year, Watt played on the #1 defense in the NFL last year for one of the top DCs in a prime sack position and had 5.5 sacks. Dareus played on a talentless unit last year in one of the hardest positions to get sacks and had 5.5 sacks as well.

We don't know but we do know that Dareus looked pretty chunky before his brother was killed. Stand these two guys next to one another and one of them looks like a Defensive lineman and the other looks like an offensive guard.

Darius Rucker is a cool dude for a Dolphins fan.

As far as Marcell Dareus goes ... he gets a pass for the entire season, in my opinion. If I lost a family member like that, I would be a complete mess. So taking what he's gone through on a personal level into account, along with being part of an antiquated defense being run by an incompetent coaching staff - I'd say if fans should lay off of anyone, it should be Dareus.

Go Bills!

If you heard what Andre Ware said about Mario on WGR interview you can almost bet Mario will show up in this game , the question is how long will it take for him to fall back into the ranks of the unseen ??

And if you have any questions on why Houston didn't fight to keep him there then just look at what he has showed to this point . If he had the work ethic of say one Bruce Smith he could be that good but his motivation to be great is the same as we talked about when talking about another UNC - DE that came out this year in Quinton Couples ...

They both take plays off !! These guys are HUGE & if they can't dominate the people they line up against they are not giving it their all PERIOD !!!

And where Marcel has not only being a second year player on his side plus the fact of his family thngs that could be distracting him Mario is a VETERAN & has showed he can be that player !

Just chooses or is not motivated due to his contract to not be that player ALL THE TIME !!!!

Darius Rucker is a cool dude for a Dolphins fan.

As far as Marcell Dareus goes ... he gets a pass for the entire season, in my opinion. If I lost a family member like that, I would be a complete mess. So taking what he's gone through on a personal level into account, along with being part of an antiquated defense being run by an incompetent coaching staff - I'd say if fans should lay off of anyone, it should be Dareus.

Go Bills!

DITTO !!!!!!

Edited by T master

How are you a bust after a great rookie year and then a sub par second year?? This is the reason good posters just don't bother here anymore. Really disheartening.

No one on our line is playing well, at the moment. Dareus has potential, but hes probably going to end up in the average category is he stays on the Bills.

If he goes to another team with competent players and coaching staff, he could be a pro bowler.

Go Bills!

While I agree with giving him a pass, that does not mean we need to start him if he is underperforming. If Carrington produces more, he should start in place of Dareus. That does not mean Dareus is a bust but it will give him time to sort his personal life out and come back stronger as a player.

I'm gonna give Dareus a free pass this season. This experience has to be just devastating. If I lost my brother in any way, I'd be despondent. If someone else killed him in violent fashion, I'd be in a complete existential crisis and I don't know how well I'd be able to do my job, which is in a far lower-pressure environment than Dareus'.

He's a human being first, people.

I agree, though, if he needs time, Chan should just give it to him and let Carrington play. However, Dareus also seems like a proud man who is unlikely to admit that he needs that time. Tough situation.

Also: repeat - Dareus is not here for sacks. When he gets them, great, but his role in the defense is different than Watt's.

I'm gonna give Dareus a free pass this season. This experience has to be just devastating. If I lost my brother in any way, I'd be despondent. If someone else killed him in violent fashion, I'd be in a complete existential crisis and I don't know how well I'd be able to do my job, which is in a far lower-pressure environment than Dareus'.

He's a human being first, people.

I agree, though, if he needs time, Chan should just give it to him and let Carrington play. However, Dareus also seems like a proud man who is unlikely to admit that he needs that time. Tough situation.

Also: repeat - Dareus is not here for sacks. When he gets them, great, but his role in the defense is different than Watt's.

bingo

Does anyone know if he went home during the bye week?

Maybe having some time with friends and family will help with the grieving process. I don't have a brother but could only imagine losing my mother/father or one of my sisters and what that would do to me. I would need at least a few weeks to grieve as well as months to accept it.

That being said being away from home and not being able to help your family cope is another huge burden. I'm hoping he got to go home. I'm also hoping he comes back with some rage and takes it out on opponent's offenses! (hey I can't be Mr. Niceguy ALL the time :devil: )

No one on our line is playing well, at the moment. Dareus has potential, but hes probably going to end up in the average category is he stays on the Bills.

If he goes to another team with competent players and coaching staff, he could be a pro bowler.

He would be a pro-bowl player on Pittsburgh, Dallas, Seattle, just to name a few. No one around him is playing well, and his DC NEVER blitzes, putting more pressure on them. He got 5.5 sacks last year on a terrible D. With his family circumstances and our terrible (to put it mildly coaching and non-scheming, I'm giving him a pass this year. He is perhaps the last one on the D I would critique.

bingo

his role here is......Who knows in Wanny's scheme. In a normal 4-3 it would be to plug the run and eat up the O-lineman to free up blitzes and LB's. Here, it's like "stand around and see what happens."